The Student Room Group

Bands like MSI, FOB, MCR, Royal blood

Ive really been getting into puck rock, indie etc

I really want to expand the bands/ artists I listen to, any suggestions of musicians who sound like/ do the same genre the artists I have listed do?

Yeah you might wanna try..

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by trapking
Yeah you might wanna try..

Spoiler

this music is for the cultured :P
Reply 3
BUMP
Original post by PeachyMilk
this music is for the cultured :P

If by cultured you mean as English Sunday dinners (aka basic) then go off and do yo thang :biggrin:
Reply 5
Bump
Not really into Punk Rock/Indie, I'm more into the heavier side of things.

That being said, I guess Green Day or Blink 182 might pertain to your tastes if you're not already aware of them.
what bits of punk are you getting into?
I'm only really into hardcore punk so I'll leave some recs (mostly surface stuff tho cause my punk interests are much more in grindcore)

and I do feel the need to post one of my fave bands even tho they're not pure punk
Placebo, muse, slipknot, misfits, dead kennedys, rancid, rise against, enter shakari, twin atlantic, greenday, blink 182, the pretty reckless, the distillers.
Theres a pretty decent range of subgenres and eras there. I would also check out some of MCRs solo projects if you havent already, in particular gerards and frank has been in some other bands (frank iero and the patience, leathermouth, pency prep and i am a graveyard) ray also did some solo work but i cant really comment on the quality of that as i never really listened to it
Reply 9
Original post by Arthur_Morgan
Not really into Punk Rock/Indie, I'm more into the heavier side of things.

That being said, I guess Green Day or Blink 182 might pertain to your tastes if you're not already aware of them.

ooh ok I will defo check em out
Original post by Yukikobestgirl
what bits of punk are you getting into?
I'm only really into hardcore punk so I'll leave some recs (mostly surface stuff tho cause my punk interests are much more in grindcore)

and I do feel the need to post one of my fave bands even tho they're not pure punk

thankyou I'm probs gonna check em out as I like the first 3
Original post by xx-creampuff-xx
Placebo, muse, slipknot, misfits, dead kennedys, rancid, rise against, enter shakari, twin atlantic, greenday, blink 182, the pretty reckless, the distillers.
Theres a pretty decent range of subgenres and eras there. I would also check out some of MCRs solo projects if you havent already, in particular gerards and frank has been in some other bands (frank iero and the patience, leathermouth, pency prep and i am a graveyard) ray also did some solo work but i cant really comment on the quality of that as i never really listened to it

noted and thankyou ill defo check em out

Quick Reply

Latest