Want more information about this university?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Why do people always say horrible things about this university when it seems so wonderful ? I go there in september to study design and reading about it at student room makes me think that maybe it’s not good
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Why do people always say horrible things about this university when it seems so wonderful ? I go there in september to study design and reading about it at student room makes me think that maybe it’s not good
I like it the campus is amazing and it's a very multicultural uni. I see a lot of people complain about problems with admin which I can see as they're extremely hard to reach but there's online live chat who can deal with smaller problems. Teaching varies depending on what you're studying. I studied in the business school and my programme definitely had its ups and downs. However I feel like that's OK as you should be aiming to be more independent and learning how to deal with your problems at uni anyways. The entry requirements are not that high so I kind of feel like a lot of people who already might not be the best students find it difficult to be independent and not rely too much on lecturers feeding you everything.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I like it the campus is amazing and it's a very multicultural uni. I see a lot of people complain about problems with admin which I can see as they're extremely hard to reach but there's online live chat who can deal with smaller problems. Teaching varies depending on what you're studying. I studied in the business school and my programme definitely had its ups and downs. However I feel like that's OK as you should be aiming to be more independent and learning how to deal with your problems at uni anyways. The entry requirements are not that high so I kind of feel like a lot of people who already might not be the best students find it difficult to be independent and not rely too much on lecturers feeding you everything.
thank you so much for your reply, I go there for a bachelors degree in fashion design . had got into universities like uca epsom but its literally in a village and didn't seem great. do you think I am making the right choice or should I drop and try again next year for other unis.
Middlesex University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi, my name is Alex and I am ambassador at Middlesex.

Middlesex is great university which can provide you excellent facilities for studying. You can explore our campus here, during virtual tour: https://www.mdx.ac.uk/get-in-touch/virtual-tour Middlesex is about 10 minutes far away from Hendon Central station, where Northern Line works. You can also take a bus which will take you straight up to university. Our campus is new and modern.

One thing I can tell you is that Middlesex improves every year. Univeristy staff, as well as, lecturers are amazing and they trully care about you. Our facilities are also good. I am sure you will be happy here.

If you need more information, please just contact me

Best, Alex
rcmotorboy
Badges: 17
Report 1 week ago
It's in North London. London has a high population of people in the town, many who grew up here, there's more chances to get people to post something negative when there's a high ratio of positive people who are content, who won't think about posting anything negative about the university, as they take away the good (and not say anything about it!). That's my best guess, why!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (77)
21.51%
No (281)
78.49%

Watched Threads