SS123456
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
To cut a long story short. I had to have a meeting with my old school I’m now 24 and they called me back to discuss a bad experience.

I attended a different college a year after I left the school, and when I went in the deputy head knew which college I attended. Which was strange because I didn’t even mention it.

Surely it would be a data protection breach for her to ask another college if I was a student there?
The Beaver
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by SS123456)
To cut a long story short. I had to have a meeting with my old school I’m now 24 and they called me back to discuss a bad experience.

I attended a different college a year after I left the school, and when I went in the deputy head knew which college I attended. Which was strange because I didn’t even mention it.

Surely it would be a data protection breach for her to ask another college if I was a student there?
This is not unusual. If you transfer schools records/data/various information is transfered, the new school "requests it" from the old school. Schools also have to keep record of previous students for a period of time after they leave (never sure how long). In databases there is usually a "school history" section which will include where you move on to, this person probably just looked at that section.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (63)
21.58%
No (229)
78.42%

Watched Threads