The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
kat_r
Well done! Is that gonna b your first choice?

I think it's my joint first choice with Cambridge, but it's horrible deciding... Cambridge is financially easier for me (I'm a graduate, and tuition fees are less at Cambridge than at the other vet schools). But I really liked both of them when I went for interviews and open days.

Have you decided yet between RVC and Bristol, or are you waiting to hear from Liverpool before making a decision?
WoW!!! WELL DONE KISA :biggrin: Thats groovy! :p:

Good luck on deciding, im still torn between RVC and Liverpool :eek: :eek: :eek: ....and its getting annoying now!
Reply 522
Well done on your offer Kisa :biggrin:
Contacted Bristol today and they said they still haven't reached a decision on my application, but that I should hopefully here by the begining of March. :smile:

Any Glasgow vets know much about the accomodation there? From the map I have, I presume most Vets stay in Wolfston Hall?
Reply 523
Kisa
I think it's my joint first choice with Cambridge, but it's horrible deciding... Cambridge is financially easier for me (I'm a graduate, and tuition fees are less at Cambridge than at the other vet schools). But I really liked both of them when I went for interviews and open days.

Have you decided yet between RVC and Bristol, or are you waiting to hear from Liverpool before making a decision?

i think its gonna b RVC coz the grades arent as high so it will take the pressure off a bit and the atmosphere was really nice at RVC, but ask me again nxt week n i will probably have changed my mind!!
Hawk
Any Glasgow vets know much about the accomodation there? From the map I have, I presume most Vets stay in Wolfston Hall?

Yeah they do! I'm in Wolfson at the moment. It's ok, bit scabby, but it's by far the most sociable of all the halls. I have met so many people because we all eat together and chill in the common room, and because a lot of people are 1st yr vets I got to know most of my year pretty quickly. The food isn't "too" bad, it's edible on most occasions but can get pretty repetitive!
A good friend of mine is at Queen Margaret and her room is about double the size of mine and the halls is lovely. It's only about 3 or so years old so is in really good condition. So if you want self catered then that's the best to go for. However it's a not an overly sociable hall compared to Wolfson.
Wolfson is about 10 mins walk from the vet school so vvv handy for that. Esp. as we are only down at the main uni 2 mornings a week on average.
iv still not heard from rvc! its been 3 months now! im goin mad! :burnout:
Reply 526
northern_lass

i have every faith that if they have kept u waiting this long then u are under some serious consideration :wink:

I'm keeping everything crossed for u :biggrin:

Less than 3 have u applied anywhere else?
northern_lass

you're not alone.
Reply 528
eurasianfeline
you're not alone.

me too!!, -
I'm sure u'll get in :wink:

has anyone heard of anyone who HAS been rejected from RVC yet?? I havent -slightly worried
Reply 529
lessthanthree
you're right, I don't know of a single person who got rejected frm rvc.

Exactly, are they just gonna reject everyone @ end - false hope???? If so they are v.mean!!!
Ive been rejected from rvc but i emailed and said i didnt want to be considered anymore (sorry that doent really help!)
Reply 531
Offer from Soton!! AAB
finally - Edinburgh, BB. Now I can considently say.....

Cambridge AAA - firm

Edinburgh BB - insurance

sheesh - hand up who thinks that ONE of the unis doesn't get the Scottish exam system?
Reply 533
platinumki
finally - Edinburgh, BB. Now I can considently say.....

Cambridge AAA - firm

Edinburgh BB - insurance

sheesh - hand up who thinks that ONE of the unis doesn't get the Scottish exam system?

Yeh there is a bit of a difference lol,
But according to UCAS Advanced Highers are equivalent to A-Levels, an A in each being worth 120 points
but according to UCAS, an A at Higher is worth 72 points, therefore, I already have 360 points + ie AAA at A level

they just can't make up their minds!
iv not heard of anyone whos been rejected from rvc yet either, wers the bettin ill be the first! has anyone not heard from ed yet? iv still not heard anything and i dont no if its a good thing or not! :confused:
Reply 536
northern_lass
iv not heard of anyone whos been rejected from rvc yet either, wers the bettin ill be the first! has anyone not heard from ed yet? iv still not heard anything and i dont no if its a good thing or not! :confused:

I know someone from another forum that got a rejection from RVC today. Maybe they have made their final decisions and are sending out notice as we speak?
Reply 537
Has anyone heard anything from southampton yet? i've got an 'application held for further consideration' but wondered if anyone had any definite offers/ refusals.

had a straight refusal w/o interview for Bristol, I guess they had alot of people to choose from this year.

Starr
Reply 538
Hawk
I know someone from another forum that got a rejection from RVC today. Maybe they have made their final decisions and are sending out notice as we speak?

No way!!! Ok, just checked ucas haven't heard anything! - is that a good thing?????
:frown:

Ok, that person id not have an interview though - God this is sooooooo annoting!! :eek:
iv just checked ucas and not heard anything either! im so close to a breakdown!

arwen, when was your interview? mine was 25th november, 3 months!!!!!! :eek:

Latest

Trending

Trending