This discussion is closed.
ProvenAngel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by faithless)
well done u guys. congrats on your liverpool offers

especially less than 3 (knew you could do it)

I just wish they'd put me out of my misery

It is very rare for me to be wrong,... and i say ur gonna get in!

The wait is the worst part, but it will soon be over. I bet they loved u! Ur interview was quite a while ago now, so no news = good news. So keep on smiling!!
faithless
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ProvenAngel)
It is very rare for me to be wrong,... and i say ur gonna get in!

The wait is the worst part, but it will soon be over. I bet they loved u! Ur interview was quite a while ago now, so no news = good news. So keep on smiling!!
Thank you, I think u actually managed to make me smile

*squeezy hug*
northern_lass
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
how quiet has this thread ben recently!
*Arwen*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by northern_lass)
how quiet has this thread ben recently!
I know!! - I think everyone's either

1) been partying because they have got all their offers - WOOHOO :thrasher:

or

2)they have crawled into a hole, because the RVC/Liverpool/Bristol won't make up their bloody minds!! :banghead:

te he
Hawk
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by *Arwen*)
2)they have crawled into a hole, because the RVC/Liverpool won't make up their bloody minds!! :banghead:
You can add Bristol to that :mad:
*Arwen*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Hawk)
You can add Bristol to that :mad:
Sorted The uni's have been named and shamed :rolleyes:
xSamanthax
Report 13 years ago
yay offers! So shocked considering i am not an AAA student...(AABd)

KCL - AABc
UCL - AABe
Leicester - AAB
HYMS - ABBb

Biomed

St Georges: BCC
Barts: 300ucas points

Now what?
faithless
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by *Arwen*)
I know!! - I think everyone's either

1) been partying because they have got all their offers - WOOHOO :thrasher:

or

2)they have crawled into a hole, because the RVC/Liverpool/Bristol won't make up their bloody minds!! :banghead:

te he
I'm in the :banghead: category
Hawk
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by lessthanthree)
jesus CHRIST.

I'd totally be ringing them up/emailing by now ;_;
I did email Bristol and theys aid I'd hear by beginning of March and still nothing. I swear someone has been nicking my post, between the disappearing Glasgow interview letter and now this
I would email them again but I don't want to seem pushy.
redlorry
Report 13 years ago
Hey Hawk, how did you get to put down 7 choices?

I can post on here!

Name: Chez
Course: Medicine
University: Imperial!!!

Thanks to everyone for the advice they have written and the positive encouragement this forum gives.
Hawk
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by redlorry)
Hey Hawk, how did you get to put down 7 choices?
UCD is not through UCAS, it is in Dublin and goes through the CAO system
Hawk
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Can any vet students/applicants say which they think is best, between RVC and Glasgow, in the following areas,

Small Animal -
Large Animal -
Research -
Hands-on animal experience -
Facilities -
Teaching -

I very much doubt wheter this is likely, but is either held in higher regard than the other?

Thanks
*Arwen*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Hawk)
Can any vet students/applicants say which they think is best, between RVC and Glasgow, in the following areas,

Small Animal -
Large Animal -
Research -
Hands-on animal experience -
Facilities -
Teaching -

I very much doubt wheter this is likely, but is either held in higher regard than the other?

Thanks
I dont know if this helps, but I know someone in he first yaer @ RVC, and she was a bit disappointed, as she only spends like less than 1 afternoon a week @ hawkshead - ie doing practical work. But she thinks that in the 3rd etc years, the practical work is really good, because obv ur at hawkshead with great facilities

I'm not sure if its the same as Glasgow, but yeah
Hawk
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by lessthanthree)
RE: RVC

I have a friend at RVC. She was disappointed at the segregation from the rest of the students at the uni as a whole. Apparently there aren't so many societies and stuff to join.

However, she was offered the opportunity to intercalcuate, which must have been nice.
Yeh I hope to maybe intercalate but i think both Glasgow and RVC do it, maybe RVC more than Glasgow?

Regarding the first year vet at RVC. In the first two years you are based at Camden and then in the third year you move to hawkshead for the final 3 years.
Pollo Loco
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Hawk)
Yeh I hope to maybe intercalate but i think both Glasgow and RVC do it, maybe RVC more than Glasgow?

Regarding the first year vet at RVC. In the first two years you are based at Camden and then in the third year you move to hawkshead for the final 3 years.
Got that right, i think you have to accept that your first couple of years at vet school are not going to involve too much actual animal practicxal work, apart from dissections (nice). I'd say you have a better chance to intercalate at Glasgow because there are less students (i think) RVC seems to be an amorphous mass. Plus the segregation. I'm not really an expert on other vet schools.

Oh yeah Hawk, good to see you got other offers. Hope you don't feel to bad about Cambridge. And Bristol are absolute idiots so if they're keeping you waiting, they're just trying to annoy you. I personally wouldn't go there anyway as the clinical school is literally in the middle of nowhere.

Also a big hi to the new vets for this year, maybe i'll see you if you go to AVS next academic year.

Dan
Hawk
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Pollo Loco)
Got that right, i think you have to accept that your first couple of years at vet school are not going to involve too much actual animal practicxal work, apart from dissections (nice). I'd say you have a better chance to intercalate at Glasgow because there are less students (i think) RVC seems to be an amorphous mass. Plus the segregation. I'm not really an expert on other vet schools.

Oh yeah Hawk, good to see you got other offers. Hope you don't feel to bad about Cambridge. And Bristol are absolute idiots so if they're keeping you waiting, they're just trying to annoy you. I personally wouldn't go there anyway as the clinical school is literally in the middle of nowhere.

Also a big hi to the new vets for this year, maybe i'll see you if you go to AVS next academic year.

Dan
Thanks, hope the course is going well for you.
I got feedback from Girton the other day and they basically said I fell just below the level of those that were given offers, and that a slightly higher mark in the BMAT would have got me a place

I know what you mean about Bristol, if they don't get back to me soon I'm just going to withdraw my application to them :p:
ProvenAngel
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
And Bristol are absolute idiots
Would totally agree (...nothing to do with my rejection of course!) :p:

Also a big hi to the new vets for this year, maybe i'll see you if you go to AVS next academic year
Hey ,...and OMG, the AVS weekend, i've heard such good things about that! eeeeeeeeekkk, so exciting!!
charlz
Report 13 years ago
DENTISTRY 2006 ENTRY

LEEDS - Offer - AABa....15 Feb

NEWCASTLE - Unsuccessful....12 Jan

QUEEN MARY - Unsuccessful....10 Mar

KINGS COLLEGE - Unsuccessful....23 Feb
northern_lass
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
still waiting.......................
faithless
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by northern_lass)
still waiting.......................
ditto
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (53)
98.15%
No (1)
1.85%

Watched Threads