Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProvenAngel)
    Hey ,...and OMG, the AVS weekend, i've heard such good things about that! eeeeeeeeekkk, so exciting!!
    AVS is ace! Next year it will be especially good - us glaswegian vets are organising it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    every time I see you post on here I rush in to see, and it's always "waiting ;_;"
    AWWW thank you *big hug*

I think i'm just their little psychological experiment :mad:

ReputationRep:
    i know sum1 who has all 4 offers! ranging from aaa to abb! got ther rvc offer thru ystrday, so hopefully the rest of us should hear soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by northern_lass)
    i know sum1 who has all 4 offers! ranging from aaa to abb! got ther rvc offer thru ystrday, so hopefully the rest of us should hear soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
    Hi Northern Lass, I just registered today but have been reading this forum for the last couple of months and I have been dying to say that Im in the exactly the same position as you in terms of uni

I had my interview at RVC on the 25th nov and been rejected without interview from glagow, liv and bris. Maybe I saw you??!

Its horrible... i cant stand not having heard from RVC. Our only chance

Hugs to you and good luck.
    Rachael

ReputationRep:
    ooh, we had our interview on the same day! how bad is the waiting! its driving me mad! what time was your interview? i think mine was around 3ish, but i cant really remember seen as it was so long ago!!!!!

*big hug* its nice to hear from sum1 in the same position as me! i really hopw we both hear soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhh)
    Hi Northern Lass, I just registered today but have been reading this forum for the last couple of months and I have been dying to say that Im in the exactly the same position as you in terms of uni

I had my interview at RVC on the 25th nov and been rejected without interview from glagow, liv and bris. Maybe I saw you??!

Its horrible... i cant stand not having heard from RVC. Our only chance

Hugs to you and good luck.
    Rachael
    wow u applied to same uni's as me!!! I'm in same position as u two too!!! I had interview 8th december!!!!

ReputationRep:
    RVC is taking forever...

ReputationRep:
    Hey Arwen, thats cool, so we have!

itd be cool to chat after weve heard from rvc. what are you going to do if you dont get in? Im having a gap year anyway and I am planning to spend a few months in kenya on a conservation programme. I might think about doing extra alevels though to boost my chances of getting into vet school if i reapply. its so hard to make any decisions about anything until we knowwwww.....

did you have any interviews at the other 3?

cheers xxx

ReputationRep:
    Hey Arwen, thats cool, so we have!

itd be cool to chat after weve heard from rvc. what are you going to do if you dont get in? Im having a gap year anyway and I am planning to spend a few months in kenya on a conservation programme. I might think about doing extra alevels though to boost my chances of getting into vet school if i reapply. its so hard to make any decisions about anything until we knowwwww.....

did you have any interviews at the other 3?

cheers xxx
    No I didn't have any interviews!! Dammt!! But yeah, if I dont get in, I'm gonna go thrugh clearing for vetmed.

If that does'nt work, I'll pply for nextyear, taking a gap year - have not got a clue what to do!!!! I want to obv do something animal related!!! But yeah, i want to continue my as level in geog to alevel, and might do maths alevel over the year, but I'm a bit lost at the moment too.!!!!

I know someone who went dairy cowing in new zealand which sounds v.cool!!! But for the moment getting A's is my main priority!!!!(thats sounds really sad!!)

But good luck, I really think we will find out soon, pobably at the same time hee hee (AAAHHHHHHH) They better hurry up though!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Arwen*)
    No I didn't have any interviews!! Dammt!! But yeah, if I dont get in, I'm gonna go thrugh clearing for vetmed.

If that does'nt work, I'll pply for nextyear, taking a gap year - have not got a clue what to do!!!! I want to obv do something animal related!!! But yeah, i want to continue my as level in geog to alevel, and might do maths alevel over the year, but I'm a bit lost at the moment too.!!!!

I know someone who went dairy cowing in new zealand which sounds v.cool!!! But for the moment getting A's is my main priority!!!!(thats sounds really sad!!)
    Hehe no not sad at all. Thats my priority too to get decent grades. Chem coursework is getting in the way of any other work at the mo though!

Dairy farming in NZ does sound very cool. The thing is with clearing, I doubt very much any places will be free considering everyone pretty much gets A's. Always hope though.

I know what you mean northern lass about the interview being ever such a long time ago!! I do know mine was at half 11 or so. How do you guys think your i/views went? I thought it was hard to tell. Doesnt matter though, i think we'll definitely hear in the next couple of days.... oh the pain

xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Hehe no not sad at all. Thats my priority too to get decent grades. Chem coursework is getting in the way of any other work at the mo though!

Dairy farming in NZ does sound very cool. The thing is with clearing, I doubt very much any places will be free considering everyone pretty much gets A's. Always hope though.

I know what you mean northern lass about the interview being ever such a long time ago!! I do know mine was at half 11 or so. How do you guys think your i/views went? I thought it was hard to tell. Doesnt matter though, i think we'll definitely hear in the next couple of days.... oh the pain

xxxx

Waiting- THE most fun in the wrold!!!!!

Yes, I'm still in hope that clearing is available - 2 people from my school got in to do vetmed at rvc last year - which keeps me happy anyway!!!

Yes, hopefully we will find out, although, I spoke to someone who had a vetsci intrview at rvc, and she asked about her application to vetmed, and they said, anyone who has had an interview and not had an offer/rejection as yet, are in the borderline category - so if they have any places - we may be in!!!!

Good luck!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I'm still in hope that clearing is available - 2 people from my school got in to do vetmed at rvc last year - which keeps me happy anyway!!!
    No one has applied for VetMed at my school for about 5 years , it is so unpopular here for some reason. Everyone seems to apply for Medicine/Dentristry instead - they don't realise what they're missing out on

Just sent another email to Bristol asking why I haven't heard yet, hopefully should get some news soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hawk)
    No one has applied for VetMed at my school for about 5 years , it is so unpopular here for some reason. Everyone seems to apply for Medicine/Dentristry instead - they don't realise what they're missing out on

Just sent another email to Bristol asking why I haven't heard yet, hopefully should get some news soon.
    *Refusing to believe u STILL havent heard from them yet!!* :eek:

Rachhh, Arwen, northern_lass, eurasianfeline, faithless......u are all coping much better than i ever could. I admire u guys loads *hugs*

post HERE as soon as u guys find out....then hopefully we can have a TSR party (and then feel too hyper to carry on doing 'ever so boring' biology coursework!!!) :p:

yes,...i am in a strange mood

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hawk)

I know there are soooooo many people applying to medicine at my school - why???!!! animals are way better than humans!!! (for all those medics on here - I totally accept your decision!!)

I've given up on rvc, i emailed them, but nothing - but im a bit too scared to phone them!!!. It must be really annoying for you, because you must just want to accept your offers!!

ReputationRep:
    Ooh thats comforting arwen about entrance through clearing....

has anyone actually been rejected for vet med at rvc? I dont know anyone whos applying....!

just checked again, still no news. I cant stand this anymore

xxx :thrasher: <----- thats me in my future rock band... i dont care if i dont get in... who needs vet med when you have musique?

ReputationRep:
    I didnt mean that! I hope I havnt jinxed my place....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SlipperyWhenWet)
    AVS is ace! Next year it will be especially good - us glaswegian vets are organising it

That's fantabulous stuff! woohoo, Glasgow

Tho if it goes wrong / is badly organised, im blaming U! hehehe jokes!! :p:

It'll be ace.

....(thats providing i get my grades!).... Bloody hell, still a long, LONG way to go!!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    who needs vet med when you have musique?
    Ill horses?

ReputationRep:
    Ooh thats comforting arwen about entrance through clearing....

has anyone actually been rejected for vet med at rvc? I dont know anyone whos applying....!

just checked again, still no news. I cant stand this anymore

xxx :thrasher: <----- thats me in my future rock band... i dont care if i dont get in... who needs vet med when you have musique?
    Exactly - thats what you need -positive thinking!!! A person on another forum, got rejected, but she di not have an interview??? No idea!! :confused:

I think we will all find out at same time!!!

ReputationRep:
    Exactly - thats what you need -positive thinking!!! A person on another forum, got rejected, but she di not have an interview??? No idea!! :confused:

I think we will all find out at same time!!!
    really? well at least we got an interview eh?
    make sure you let me know if you get in or not ok arwen??

Fingers doubley crossed for both of us

yeah you got me there time of your life... ill horses...

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 20, 2005

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.