The official medicine/dentistry/veterinary applications/offers thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
ProvenAngel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by northern_lass)
youl both get in, am sure of it, i can feel it in my bones! stay positive!!!

yep, i have that same feeling as well. PLEASE stay positive guys....u CAN do this
faithless
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ProvenAngel)
yep, i have that same feeling as well. PLEASE stay positive guys....u CAN do this
I'm sort of becoming numb about it.
northern_lass
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
hehe, yeah, i think im a little bit happy! mite need to calm down a bit me thinks!
northern_lass
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
its very quiet on here tonight, :cheers: is everybody out drinkin for paddys night?
northern_lass
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I firmed RVC!!!!! going to celebrate tonight! :beer: :elefant:
*Arwen*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I firmed RVC!!!!! going to celebrate tonight! :beer: :elefant:
Wahey!!
mootle
Report 13 years ago
anyone got edin interview on 29th march??? v v v v important
northern_lass
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i celebrated too hard :rofl: :dancing2: :embarasse
northern_lass
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
do we have to have jabs b4 we go to vet school?
Hawk
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
do we have to have jabs b4 we go to vet school?
Nope, at least not any that I'm aware of. Its quite strange, you'd think we would be at more risk than the doctors/dentists :confused:
faithless
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Hawk)
Nope, at least not any that I'm aware of. Its quite strange, you'd think we would be at more risk than the doctors/dentists :confused:
It is harder to vaccinate for diseases that are cross-species as they often vary depending on what species they are inhabiting (ie, BSE and CJD) whereas doctors and dentists are at risk from human strains that can often survive post-mortem plus there is much more chance of human-human transfers of disease than animal-human
northern_lass
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
thanks, i was just wonderin coz one of my friends was sayin sumthin about it!
northern_lass
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
thankx
faithless
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Got a letter from liverpool this morning telling me i'm on the reserve list and that I may get a rejection through ucas but they can revoke this if places become available. I guess that means i'm gonna be waiting till results day!
faithless
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by lessthanthree)
Well, it's semi-decent news, really - a good few people don't take up their offers.

*crosses fingers*

but don't take my place ;_;
I wouldn't do that to you! :eek:
They said I could get a rejection through ucas which they can revoke at a later date. I guess that means results day if people with offers dont get the grade. I'm a parasite!!!!
*Arwen*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by faithless)
I wouldn't do that to you! :eek:
They said I could get a rejection through ucas which they can revoke at a later date. I guess that means results day if people with offers dont get the grade. I'm a parasite!!!!

Atleast you have some hope!!! WELL DONE!!! this sounds really rude, but there HAS to be some people who don't get the grades, clearing space for you!!! - and of course those who decline their offer!!!
(although I hasten to add good luck to everyone who has applied to liverpool!!-so I'm not too offensive!!)
faithless
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by *Arwen*)
Atleast you have some hope!!! WELL DONE!!! this sounds really rude, but there HAS to be some people who don't get the grades, clearing space for you!!! - and of course those who decline their offer!!!
(although I hasten to add good luck to everyone who has applied to liverpool!!-so I'm not too offensive!!)
thank you....don't know what I would do without all the support from you guys...*squeezy hugs*
ProvenAngel
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by *Arwen*)
there HAS to be some people who don't get the grades, clearing space for you!!!
.....that'll be me!! :eek:

Well done Faithless. Its good news, and could have been much worse. Hopefully i'll see u there!

*hug*

oooo, and Arwen, thanks for the luck.....i have the offer, now i need the grades...i need ALL the luck i can get!

*hug*
silkymouse1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ProvenAngel)
.....that'll be me!! :eek:

Well done Faithless. Its good news, and could have been much worse. Hopefully i'll see u there!

*hug*

oooo, and Arwen, thanks for the luck.....i have the offer, now i need the grades...i need ALL the luck i can get!

*hug*
Have you chosen Liv as your firm then?

L
ProvenAngel
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by silkymouse1)
Have you chosen Liv as your firm then?

L

haha, u wud think so, but i havent entirely decided yet. TIMES RUNNING OUT!!!! :eek:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (301)
26.06%
Yes - they're famous (293)
25.37%