Statement of Results

Watch this thread
joxshi
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I was pregnant at the age of 15 and never managed to finish my GCSEs. I received this from my high school the other day. I requested this information since I want to know what I need to work on so I can secure a placement in a uni (foundation year application).

Been so stressed out with no direction. Been working since 17, been rejected a few times. Working on getting Level 2 Maths, English and ICT functional skills to help myself.

I basically got 2 Ds and a F. Didn’t manage to do all the exams.

Would any one be able to help me make sense of the sheet they sent me? Thanks in advance.
joxshi
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
My results
Attached files
mmmm3213
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by joxshi)
My results
Great set of results!! You should be proud
joxshi
Rep:
(Original post by mmmm3213)
Great set of results!! You should be proud
I don’t think the mark equivs count
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Ok, I'll work through the qualifications you took. I won't bother to explain loads of stuff because it won't really help, but ask if you do what to know what anything means. The Grd1 column shows the overall GCSE grade.

Maths. You took GCSE Maths (Higher Tier, so you obvious were considered decent) in November 2012 and got a D. You were then entered for the re-sit in March 2013 but didn't turn up.
Science. You were entered for GCSE Science on June 2012 and got a D (for what it's worth you were 7 marks below a C and 33 above an E). You were entered for the re-sit the following January but didn't turn up. They could;d carry forward some parts of your previous marks (e.g. the controlled assessment) so you got an F based solely on those.
English Language. You took one exam, but not the other, nor was your controlled assessment ever submitted, As you were never entered for all elements you have no overall grade.
Sociology You took one Sociology paper but never took the rest.
All these specifications have long since been replaced so you couldn't finish them off - you'd have to start with the new specifications. For these you have to take all the exams for a subject in the same exam season and you can't then re-sit bits of them to improve.

In summary, what you have is a D in Maths and a D in Science (you can't count a subject twice so the F in Science doesn't count.).
Last edited by Compost; 1 year ago
joxshi
Rep:
(Original post by Compost)
Ok, I'll work through the qualifications you took. I won't bother to explain loads of stuff because it won't really help, but ask if you do what to know what anything means. The Grd1 column shows the overall GCSE grade.

Maths. You took GCSE Maths (Higher Tier, so you obvious were considered decent) in November 2012 and got a D. You were then entered for the re-sit in March 2013 but didn't turn up.
Science. You were entered for GCSE Science on June 2012 and got a D (for what it's worth you were 7 marks below a C and 33 above an E). You were entered for the re-sit the following January but didn't turn up. They could;d carry forward some parts of your previous marks (e.g. the controlled assessment) so you got an F based solely on those.
English Language. You took one exam, but not the other, nor was your controlled assessment ever submitted, As you were never entered for all elements you have no overall grade.
Sociology You took one Sociology paper but never took the rest.
All these specifications have long since been replaced so you couldn't finish them off - you'd have to start with the new specifications. For these you have to take all the exams for a subject in the same exam season and you can't then re-sit bits of them to improve.

In summary, what you have is a D in Maths and a D in Science (you can't count a subject twice so the F in Science doesn't count.).
Thank you so much for this! I can start working on qualifications properly now. Thank you again!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (50)
30.12%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (73)
43.98%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (41)
24.7%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.2%

Watched Threads