Warm air from air vents with AC off

Watch
Aky786UK
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi,

I've noticed in the last week or so that warm air from the driver side vent and one in the middle give off warm air when the AC is off

Not as noticeable when AC is on but any ideas what might be causing it?
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It's sunny outside...
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
yea, cars are warm
Aky786UK
Rep:
?
Not exactly beach weather where I live btw so it just something I've noticed recently. Hands up I'm completely clueless about my car so this is probably one of those examples if that's the case.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Aky786UK)
Not exactly beach weather where I live btw so it just something I've noticed recently. Hands up I'm completely clueless about my car so this is probably one of those examples if that's the case.
Well generally your car will put out engine heat through your cabin vents one way or another, even with the fan off. If you want it 'off' off you need to physically close the vents/fan off....but tbh it's generally better to let the air circulate a bit in general, most car manuals i've seen say not to close the airflow for long periods.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi,

I've noticed in the last week or so that warm air from the driver side vent and one in the middle give off warm air when the AC is off

Not as noticeable when AC is on but any ideas what might be causing it?
Do you not have temperature control
Aky786UK
Rep:
?
(Original post by IWMTom)
Do you not have temperature control
Yeah, which I use when AC is on but just this sudden drift of warm air from the vents caused me anxiety thinking there might be underlying issue
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yeah, which I use when AC is on but just this sudden drift of warm air from the vents caused me anxiety thinking there might be underlying issue
So what temperature setting have you selected?
Aky786UK
Rep:
?
(Original post by IWMTom)
So what temperature setting have you selected?
I think with the AC off it's set up for anything to come out of the vents front facing?
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I think with the AC off it's set up for anything to come out of the vents front facing?
The temperature control doesn't require AC to be on......
LTEcactus
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Is the knob on the blue or red end?
arjanvirdi
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
^^^^
even if it's on 0 if the knob is on red, it will bring heat.
RoyalSheepy
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It's pulling normal air from outside, if it's warm outside then you're gonna get warm air (even if you've selected the coldest setting). To get the true cold air, switch on your Air Conditioning.
Aky786UK
Rep:
?
(Original post by LTEcactus)
Is the knob on the blue or red end?
I've got an Avensis 04 and it doesn't have a blue or red end as other cars may have.

Thanks for the replies, feeling much reassured it's what everyone has said as my quick Google search was leading me to the garage!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (46)
23.96%
Less motivated (146)
76.04%

Watched Threads