When to take a pregnancy test

Watch
Amber1874
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I had sex 2 weeks ago and I just feel like I could be pregnant. I want to take a test tomorrow but my period isn’t due until a weeks time, can I still take a test?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Amber1874)
I had sex 2 weeks ago and I just feel like I could be pregnant. I want to take a test tomorrow but my period isn’t due until a weeks time, can I still take a test?
they're most accurate on the day your period is due, the soonest they can work is 5-6 days before but if you take one then it could be a false negative so the longer you hold out on testing the more accurate it can be. I took one 4 days before and it was negative when I was actually pregnant
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You need to wait at least 3 weeks since you last had sex.
Apachecow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Assuming you have a 28 day cycle, if you had sex on day 7 (not due on your period for 3 weeks), it's very unlikely that you are pregnant. Wait until your period is late and then take one. A negative result now is meaningless.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (78)
30.23%
Less motivated (180)
69.77%

Watched Threads