A level urgg

Watch this thread
Tursiga
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hi. im taking english lit, psychology and sociology and btec health and social, do u have any tip for revising these subjects such as how many hours i should spend revising each subject and how i should be revising them and also tips for organsiation and not to fall behind?
ThePsychKid
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Tursiga)
hi. im taking english lit, psychology and sociology and btec health and social, do u have any tip for revising these subjects such as how many hours i should spend revising each subject and how i should be revising them and also tips for organsiation and not to fall behind?
Hi! I only did psychology for a levels from those subjects so I'll only be talking about that. How many hours spent revising completely depends on the individual tbh. But I'd say make sure you focus on both A01 AND A03 (evaluation) if you wanna get those top marks. Make sure you practice writing 12 markers in timed conditions. And also, for year 12 you're only required to know 3 evaluation points for each topic but I'd say learn the 4th point as well so it's easier. If you have any questions, feel free to pm me and I'll try my best to help you. Also, just don't procrastinate like I did lol
Tursiga
Rep:
(Original post by ThePsychKid)
Hi! I only did psychology for a levels from those subjects so I'll only be talking about that. How many hours spent revising completely depends on the individual tbh. But I'd say make sure you focus on both A01 AND A03 (evaluation) if you wanna get those top marks. Make sure you practice writing 12 markers in timed conditions. And also, for year 12 you're only required to know 3 evaluation points for each topic but I'd say learn the 4th point as well so it's easier. If you have any questions, feel free to pm me and I'll try my best to help you. Also, just don't procrastinate like I did lol
thank u sm. what results did u get for psychology if u dont mind me asking and what do you recommend me doing in year 12 after each psychology lesson to keep on track?
Tursiga
Rep:
thank u sm. what results did u get for psychology if u dont mind me asking and what do you recommend me doing in year 12 after each psychology lesson to keep on track?
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
i did a level psych and english lit. psych just requires regular revision to keep content fresh as there's lots of it and practice questions. i did loads of 16 markers (i was on aqa) and handed them to my teacher for feedback and it definitely helped me a lot in mocks :yep: make notes as you go along so you can focus on revision when the time comes. i can recommend pretty similar advice for english lit tbh- i found that subject hard work and practice essays will help a lot for you to organise your thought process and identify what you're struggling with. get started with the coursework as soon as the briefing is given about it so you don't have to be rushing around when the deadline is close. i ended up making a lot of notes for the subject but i wouldn't recommend it- try to keep them concise as possible and focus on revision and exam practice, especially essays in timed conditions.
ThePsychKid
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Tursiga)
You're welcome! I got an A but definitely would've gotten an A* if I hadn't procrastinated as much. I always kept putting off revising psych later cuz it was the easiest out of all my A levels. Definitely make notes as soon as the class is over. Also, once you're sure you know the content, do loads of questions that relate to the topic being learnt. Also practice writing 12 markers for each topic
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (48)
31.17%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (67)
43.51%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (38)
24.68%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.65%

Watched Threads