unknownm123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I’m starting y11 next week and I’m not exceptionally good at Spanish. But m I’m still aiming for top grades. Does anyone have any grade 8/9 writing examples

Student_studies
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey hey, literally same as you, starting year 11 next week and aiming for 9 in Spanish. What I would say is, with writing and reading etc, it is important to work on and know a good range of vocabulary and some high level words and interesting phrases instead of just divertido, aburrido etc. That can really help take the level up, also for 8/9 level writing,mixture of tenses is key, past, present, future but this can be extended by instead using the imperfect or the subjunctive etc. Also it’s about coherency and interest, making sure your writing makes sense, so if that means you can’t always write that complex sentence but can perfectly write a slightly easier one, its okay, as it will still show you understand and even more in the fact its all grammatically correct etc. Hope that helped
unknownm123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Student_studies)
Hey hey, literally same as you, starting year 11 next week and aiming for 9 in Spanish. What I would say is, with writing and reading etc, it is important to work on and know a good range of vocabulary and some high level words and interesting phrases instead of just divertido, aburrido etc. That can really help take the level up, also for 8/9 level writing,mixture of tenses is key, past, present, future but this can be extended by instead using the imperfect or the subjunctive etc. Also it’s about coherency and interest, making sure your writing makes sense, so if that means you can’t always write that complex sentence but can perfectly write a slightly easier one, its okay, as it will still show you understand and even more in the fact its all grammatically correct etc. Hope that helped
Thank you!!
H4ttie03
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I achieved a grade 9 in spanish gcse and am now doing a level. My advice is to learn as much vocabulary as possible and learn how it is pronounced, as well as learning most of the grammar. For speaking, talk in spanish as much as you can, even if it's to yourself, fam or friends, just practicing more and more will improve your fluency. Make sure you learn your answers for the general questions as well and try to use rlly fancy phrases like the imperfect subjunctive. Listening, honestly just do as many listening exercises as you can and if you can, get your teacher to give you the transcript for them so you can listen and read at the same time. For writing, I would always steal fancy phrases from reading exercises and memorise them for my own writing, make sure you use as many tenses as you possibly can and if you can use a present subjunctive or imperfect subjunctive then do it, dont forget opinions either. Lastly, for reading just learn as much vocab as possible w quizlet and for the translation for the writing and reading paper, again just practice and learn as much vocab as you can as well as learning irregular verbs!
unknownm123
Rep:
?
(Original post by H4ttie03)
I achieved a grade 9 in spanish gcse and am now doing a level. My advice is to learn as much vocabulary as possible and learn how it is pronounced, as well as learning most of the grammar. For speaking, talk in spanish as much as you can, even if it's to yourself, fam or friends, just practicing more and more will improve your fluency. Make sure you learn your answers for the general questions as well and try to use rlly fancy phrases like the imperfect subjunctive. Listening, honestly just do as many listening exercises as you can and if you can, get your teacher to give you the transcript for them so you can listen and read at the same time. For writing, I would always steal fancy phrases from reading exercises and memorise them for my own writing, make sure you use as many tenses as you possibly can and if you can use a present subjunctive or imperfect subjunctive then do it, dont forget opinions either. Lastly, for reading just learn as much vocab as possible w quizlet and for the translation for the writing and reading paper, again just practice and learn as much vocab as you can as well as learning irregular verbs!
Do you have any examples of your writing exercises
H4ttie03
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by unknownm123)
Do you have any examples of your writing exercises
Ah sorry I chucked my exercise books away but phrases I would use were like "ojàla", "si Tuviera la opción", for environment I'd say things like "si pudiera, plantaría muchos arboles en todos los espacios Verdes disponibles", instead of me gusta/me encanta you can use me flipa or me chifla, for holidays I would always say "me encanta ir a un país que me permite descubrir la cultura de el país y tratar de nuevas coasa" these are just some ideas
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (55)
20.37%
No (215)
79.63%

Watched Threads