The Student Room Group

Are arts subjects good for Russel group unis?

I’m starting a levels and my subjects are history psychology and textiles. I’m scared that textiles will make me a weaker applicant as I want to study law at uni.
Can someone pls tell me if these subjects are good for law?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by cynvas
I’m starting a levels and my subjects are history psychology and textiles. I’m scared that textiles will make me a weaker applicant as I want to study law at uni.
Can someone pls tell me if these subjects are good for law?

They’re ok, but if you’re going to stand a chance at getting a spot at law school and then a training contract afterwards your going to need high grades (A/A* realistically to be competitive) to stand a chance, especially in subjects which might not be seen as quite so academic like textiles. Its probably a good chance to check the websites of the universities you’re interested in And look at their entry requirements. If you have more questions or you’re still not sure, I recommend you email the admissions departments of your chosen unis to get a definitive answer.

Bottom line: i would advise you to go more academic if you can, but if not they will probably be fine as long as you secure top top grades in them to be competitive :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by happydayys
They’re ok, but if you’re going to stand a chance at getting a spot at law school and then a training contract afterwards your going to need high grades (A/A* realistically to be competitive) to stand a chance, especially in subjects which might not be seen as quite so academic like textiles. Its probably a good chance to check the websites of the universities you’re interested in And look at their entry requirements. If you have more questions or you’re still not sure, I recommend you email the admissions departments of your chosen unis to get a definitive answer.

Bottom line: i would advise you to go more academic if you can, but if not they will probably be fine as long as you secure top top grades in them to be competitive :smile:

Thank you so much! I think I’ll see how textiles goes and I’m not sure about it I’ll probably change it

Quick Reply

Latest