Male - accumulated body fat chest?!

Watch
Eccentric Goatie
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I put on some weight two years ago (15-20 kgs) and even though I decreased 10-15 kgs I still have some areas which don’t seem to have followed the weight decrease. The most blatant one is the chest, as I got some man boobs instead of the pecs I had. Now that I lost a lot of weight again I still have man boobs (which didn’t decrease as much as the whole body). What is this? Does this happen to u? I am worried because I know when you lose fat you can’t “choose” a specific part of the body to specialize losing fat, which makes losing weight on the chest harder even if I work for it. I am now lacking some time and energy to exercise, but if I lose weight and body fat based on a calories deficit through diet will I be able to cut down the man boobs?
Nutritionist
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes
Eccentric Goatie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nutritionist)
Yes
I m kinda stressing over the fact it could be gynecomastia. From what I ve seen, I don’t seem to have it as I don’t have fat involved in the nipple area, I have fat in the whole pecs and chest. If I m sitting and bend myself over it’s almost like I have saggy tits falling off to the belly. I have a very fat upperbody
jim9909
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Eccentric Goatie)
I put on some weight two years ago (15-20 kgs) and even though I decreased 10-15 kgs I still have some areas which don’t seem to have followed the weight decrease. The most blatant one is the chest, as I got some man boobs instead of the pecs I had. Now that I lost a lot of weight again I still have man boobs (which didn’t decrease as much as the whole body). What is this? Does this happen to u? I am worried because I know when you lose fat you can’t “choose” a specific part of the body to specialize losing fat, which makes losing weight on the chest harder even if I work for it. I am now lacking some time and energy to exercise, but if I lose weight and body fat based on a calories deficit through diet will I be able to cut down the man boobs?
we all put fat on and lose fat in different ways. You simply have to lose more of that fat...Keep doing what you are doing. It has to tap into this fat sooner or later.

Unless you have some gyncomastia going on. Possibly as you put so much fat on your Estrogen levels increased and cause this.

Again, simply lose the fat. No excuses.
Eccentric Goatie
Rep:
?
(Original post by jim9909)
we all put fat on and lose fat in different ways. You simply have to lose more of that fat...Keep doing what you are doing. It has to tap into this fat sooner or later.

Unless you have some gyncomastia going on. Possibly as you put so much fat on your Estrogen levels increased and cause this.

Again, simply lose the fat. No excuses.
I m kinda worried I might have some gyne and that it’s not about losing weight... I have no discomfort in my nipples and if I stretch my arms up or sideways I have no “man boobs” as the fat is spread. But still I m sending you pics do you think it’s gyne?
Name:  A7CD2C0D-5629-47A3-BA6C-9DEBB07C79A1.jpg.jpeg
Views: 13
Size:  8.5 KB Name:  01F8BBF9-21EB-4A36-A0BA-C676A48CCA38.jpg.jpeg
Views: 10
Size:  14.3 KBName:  406F1728-EC6E-47B8-9701-5344FEAF02D4.jpg.jpeg
Views: 12
Size:  10.5 KB I think I have fat all the chest like “fat boobs” and not just in the nipple area or so like most gynecomastia sufferers.
Xarao
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I m kinda worried I might have some gyne and that it’s not about losing weight... I have no discomfort in my nipples and if I stretch my arms up or sideways I have no “man boobs” as the fat is spread. But still I m sending you pics do you think it’s gyne?
Name:  A7CD2C0D-5629-47A3-BA6C-9DEBB07C79A1.jpg.jpeg
Views: 13
Size:  8.5 KB Name:  01F8BBF9-21EB-4A36-A0BA-C676A48CCA38.jpg.jpeg
Views: 10
Size:  14.3 KBName:  406F1728-EC6E-47B8-9701-5344FEAF02D4.jpg.jpeg
Views: 12
Size:  10.5 KB I think I have fat all the chest like “fat boobs” and not just in the nipple area or so like most gynecomastia sufferers.
Dude, no one wants to see that. I'm ****ing scarred for the rest of my life now.
Eccentric Goatie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Xarao)
Dude, no one wants to see that. I'm ****ing scarred for the rest of my life now.
What’s scarring you?
Xarao
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What’s scarring you?
You're at like 30% body fat, also you need to see an actual doctor. No one wants to see a 30 year old man topless on TSR, it's disgusting.
Eccentric Goatie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Xarao)
You're at like 30% body fat, also you need to see an actual doctor. No one wants to see a 30 year old man topless on TSR, it's disgusting.
Why do fat people need to see an actual doctor?
I m 36 *****
Xarao
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Why do fat people need to see an actual doctor?
I m 36 *****
You mentioned a medical condition, hence why you need to see a doctor. Not show 12 year old kids on TSR, dumb ass.
Theloniouss
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You don't have a medical condition. The most likely reason your chest seems fatter than the rest of your body is you have no pecs, and (depending on how fat you were) excess skin. Put on some muscle and lose a bit more weight, your problem will almost certainly be solved. If you think you have a medical condition (which doesn't look likely), see a doctor - not TSR.
jim9909
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
yeah you are about 30% B.F. drop 20lbs then vome back..

I am 50....and 10% B.F. What's your excuse?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (22)
22.92%
No (74)
77.08%

Watched Threads