The Student Room Group

Laptop in lectures

So I am about to start a Certificate of Higher education at the Uni of Gloucestershire. I am a mature student of 32. My question is how common is it for people to take their laptops to lectures to take notes on?
I don't want to be the only one with one.
It's common, but there are also plenty of students, even if they are the minority that prefers to write notes and type them up later.
Make sure you do what serves you best for your education - nobody is going to judge you for not having a laptop.
From what I've heard it's pretty much the norm
There’s always a mixture of people with a laptop and people writing by hand. Sometimes people with an iPad/tablet. Nobody cares what anyone else is using.
My lectures were a sea of MacBooks :rofl:
Original post by Leedb
So I am about to start a Certificate of Higher education at the Uni of Gloucestershire. I am a mature student of 32. My question is how common is it for people to take their laptops to lectures to take notes on?
I don't want to be the only one with one.

Hiya!

In my lectures and seminars students typically take laptops/ tablets to type the notes up so you definitely won't be alone! I find it much easier to type instead of writing my notes down because usually your lecturers will put up your lecture slides on your University's learning platform so you can download it and read it beforehand and then type your notes up on the powerpoint slides.

Have a great time at university! Sam- Official Student Rep :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest