Does my English speaking grade matter?

Watch
HanShotFirst01
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I got a merit in my English speaking and I need to decide soon what subjects I'm going to sit in November as I'm not happy with some of the grades. My English teacher told us that if we want to go to university it's important to get a distinction (I got a merit) but I haven't heard this said anywhere else. I'm assuming it won't matter but I thought it'd be best to ask.
sushi_tree12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by HanShotFirst01)
My English teacher told us that if we want to go to university it's important to get a distinction (I got a merit) but I haven't heard this said anywhere else.
Uhhh I go to a grammar school and literally no one cares about the english speaking, so i don't think it matters much.
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
no, a merit's perfectly fine. i got that and got into my chosen uni.
The#1student
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What did you do yours about?
x_Rando
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It doesn't matter as long as it's at least a pass, Unis don't care about it.
HanShotFirst01
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by The#1student)
What did you do yours about?
We were told it was best to do a controversial topic so I did mine on Brexit since it was around the same time as the election.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (87)
21.48%
No (318)
78.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise