Flirting is cheating?

Watch
Eccentric Goatie
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
It seems obvious to me. If you are dating someone and flirt with someone else (whether it’s your ex or not, even though with the ex the line seems to be a bit more blatant)... even though you don’t consume in an act.. it’s cheating right? I m not saying it’s the thing to do in all cases but for me cheating must be responded with a definite break up (from thecheated one). If I were cheated on I d break up. But... bout flirting - do you see it as a soft way of cheating which would require a talk or some rough measures but not implying breaking up? As in you try to sort things out and solve stuff
sunny.side.up
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Eccentric Goatie)
It seems obvious to me. If you are dating someone and flirt with someone else (whether it’s your ex or not, even though with the ex the line seems to be a bit more blatant)... even though you don’t consume in an act.. it’s cheating right? I m not saying it’s the thing to do in all cases but for me cheating must be responded with a definite break up (from thecheated one). If I were cheated on I d break up. But... bout flirting - do you see it as a soft way of cheating which would require a talk or some rough measures but not implying breaking up? As in you try to sort things out and solve stuff
yeah technically its cheating.
bored_user:)
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just don't cheat and don't forgive those who cheat. trust me on that one. And flirting is cheating no matter who says what. you wanna flirt? go flirt with your partner!
Eccentric Goatie
Rep:
?
(Original post by bored_user:))
Just don't cheat and don't forgive those who cheat. trust me on that one. And flirting is cheating no matter who says what. you wanna flirt? go flirt with your partner!
Exactly I have that opinion but I vê seen couples move on from that.. I think I can’t forgive a cheating.. and for me flirting is crossing that line. I wouldn’t feel comfortable moving on with that
Vanessa Chuah
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
lol, is this thread about me?
bored_user:)
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Exactly I have that opinion but I vê seen couples move on from that.. I think I can’t forgive a cheating.. and for me flirting is crossing that line. I wouldn’t feel comfortable moving on with that
Yeah don't forgive then. Just move on. I don't think it's worth staying
Eccentric Goatie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vanessa Chuah)
lol, is this thread about me?
Originated yeah, but tbh was a dilemma I had in mind
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by chloeebrown09)
yeah technically its cheating.
I think regarding flirting as cheating is a little much tbh.

A lot of girls with bf's will flirt on a night out, but when you to try and take things further (number or kiss them) say they have a bf.

whilst flirting in a relationship is not ideal, i wouldn't say it's cheating......
Vanessa Chuah
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Originated yeah, but tbh was a dilemma I had in mind
well tbh, i don't think it's cheating. it's cheating if you do things such as dating others and/or having sex while in a commited relationship. yep, it's wrong. but i wouldn't consider it cheating.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
is liking two people at once also cheating when one of them is your partner and one of them is not?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (177)
28.37%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (104)
16.67%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
9.29%
I want to meet current students (52)
8.33%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (50)
8.01%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (126)
20.19%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (37)
5.93%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (20)
3.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed