Flirting is cheating?

Watch
Eccentric Goatie
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
It seems obvious to me. If you are dating someone and flirt with someone else (whether it’s your ex or not, even though with the ex the line seems to be a bit more blatant)... even though you don’t consume in an act.. it’s cheating right? I m not saying it’s the thing to do in all cases but for me cheating must be responded with a definite break up (from thecheated one). If I were cheated on I d break up. But... bout flirting - do you see it as a soft way of cheating which would require a talk or some rough measures but not implying breaking up? As in you try to sort things out and solve stuff
username5347244
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Eccentric Goatie)
It seems obvious to me. If you are dating someone and flirt with someone else (whether it’s your ex or not, even though with the ex the line seems to be a bit more blatant)... even though you don’t consume in an act.. it’s cheating right? I m not saying it’s the thing to do in all cases but for me cheating must be responded with a definite break up (from thecheated one). If I were cheated on I d break up. But... bout flirting - do you see it as a soft way of cheating which would require a talk or some rough measures but not implying breaking up? As in you try to sort things out and solve stuff
yeah technically its cheating.
bored_user:)
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just don't cheat and don't forgive those who cheat. trust me on that one. And flirting is cheating no matter who says what. you wanna flirt? go flirt with your partner!
Eccentric Goatie
Rep:
?
(Original post by bored_user:))
Just don't cheat and don't forgive those who cheat. trust me on that one. And flirting is cheating no matter who says what. you wanna flirt? go flirt with your partner!
Exactly I have that opinion but I vê seen couples move on from that.. I think I can’t forgive a cheating.. and for me flirting is crossing that line. I wouldn’t feel comfortable moving on with that
Vanessa Chuah
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
lol, is this thread about me?
bored_user:)
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Exactly I have that opinion but I vê seen couples move on from that.. I think I can’t forgive a cheating.. and for me flirting is crossing that line. I wouldn’t feel comfortable moving on with that
Yeah don't forgive then. Just move on. I don't think it's worth staying
Eccentric Goatie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vanessa Chuah)
lol, is this thread about me?
Originated yeah, but tbh was a dilemma I had in mind
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by chloeebrown09)
yeah technically its cheating.
I think regarding flirting as cheating is a little much tbh.

A lot of girls with bf's will flirt on a night out, but when you to try and take things further (number or kiss them) say they have a bf.

whilst flirting in a relationship is not ideal, i wouldn't say it's cheating......
Vanessa Chuah
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Originated yeah, but tbh was a dilemma I had in mind
well tbh, i don't think it's cheating. it's cheating if you do things such as dating others and/or having sex while in a commited relationship. yep, it's wrong. but i wouldn't consider it cheating.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
is liking two people at once also cheating when one of them is your partner and one of them is not?
Scottishflavour
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Flirting is flirting. Cheating is cheating.

If someone has a fun cheeky character it's just harmless. If it starts getting really sexual and over the line then it's no longer flirting
Anonymous #2
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Scottishflavour)
Flirting is flirting. Cheating is cheating.

If someone has a fun cheeky character it's just harmless. If it starts getting really sexual and over the line then it's no longer flirting
yeah, depends if there is intention behind the flirting? and also if you imagine your s/o was there would they think it's appropriate?
Scottishflavour
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
yeah, depends if there is intention behind the flirting? and also if you imagine your s/o was there would they think it's appropriate?
Yea i guess there is definitely different tones and also comes down to the person's personality.
user4643357
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
noooooo its not
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by ANM775)
I think regarding flirting as cheating is a little much tbh.

A lot of girls with bf's will flirt on a night out, but when you to try and take things further (number or kiss them) say they have a bf.

whilst flirting in a relationship is not ideal, i wouldn't say it's cheating......
Are you sure about your second paragraph??

You said that a lot of girls will flirt resgardless of whether they may have a bf. However they won't do anything more. Really?! If that was true then cheating wouldn't be happening.

For the record, if you go to a nightclub you don't ask whether the other man/woman has a partner. You just get your hands on and whatever comes...comes.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Lucifer323)
Are you sure about your second paragraph??

You said that a lot of girls will flirt resgardless of whether they may have a bf. However they won't do anything more. Really?! If that was true then cheating wouldn't be happening.

For the record, if you go to a nightclub you don't ask whether the other man/woman has a partner. You just get your hands on and whatever comes...comes.
haven't been clubbing for a while, but in my experience a lot of girls who have bf's will flirt but won't go no further.
i'm sure there has been girls who have gone further though......., just not with me :/
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by ANM775)
haven't been clubbing for a while, but in my experience a lot of girls who have bf's will flirt but won't go no further.
i'm sure there has been girls who have gone further though......., just not with me :/
If you push it then it usually happens... All girls have a threshold...
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Flirting isn't cheating - not least because it's incredibly subjective. Some people see any male-female conversation as 'flirty'.
It's down to you to make your boundaries clear and your partner to decide if they want to respect them, imo, and that will be different for every couple.
Theloniouss
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I don't think that whether it's "cheating" or not matters. You shouldn't do things that make your partner uncomfortable, whether a TSR user told you it was technically cheating or not.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (45)
13.12%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
27.11%
I'm a bit unsure (60)
17.49%
I'm finding things difficult (115)
33.53%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.75%

Watched Threads