University of Glasgow
Visit website

Official University of Glasgow 2021 applicant thread

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else studying pharmacology ? :smile:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Hi, I was wondering if anyone else had faced a similar issue like me. So, I had to pay a £1000 deposit when confirming my conditional offer. Two days ago, my unconditional offer came in and I accepted it but they require me to pay £1000 deposit again. Does anyone know if this is a technical glitch or something? Or do I need to pay this again to get my CAS, as I'm an international student?
Original post by anikabushra_
Hi, I was wondering if anyone else had faced a similar issue like me. So, I had to pay a £1000 deposit when confirming my conditional offer. Two days ago, my unconditional offer came in and I accepted it but they require me to pay £1000 deposit again. Does anyone know if this is a technical glitch or something? Or do I need to pay this again to get my CAS, as I'm an international student?

Just e-mail them.

I was asked to pay a £500 deposit when I received my unconditional offer, and then a £1000 deposit when I received a scholarship offer a couple months ago. I e-mailed them about it, and they told me that if I had already paid a deposit, then I wouldn't need to pay another one. So just e-mail them to be sure, but it's probably not necessary to pay a second deposit.
Original post by Victor Camilo
Just e-mail them.

I was asked to pay a £500 deposit when I received my unconditional offer, and then a £1000 deposit when I received a scholarship offer a couple months ago. I e-mailed them about it, and they told me that if I had already paid a deposit, then I wouldn't need to pay another one. So just e-mail them to be sure, but it's probably not necessary to pay a second deposit.

I've emailed them a couple of times but didn't get any responses so that's why I was super worried if the new deposit would cause my CAS issuance to delay or something
We were not asked for any deposits. Also an International student who has not yet received a CAS. Should I be concerned? I have been offered accommodation and paid that deposit.
How do you begin a personal statement on literature?
Original post by Russell04
We were not asked for any deposits. Also an International student who has not yet received a CAS. Should I be concerned? I have been offered accommodation and paid that deposit.

I’m in undergrad, that’s why no deposit. Still no CAS though.
Original post by Anonymous
How do you begin a personal statement on literature?

It's not easy :wink:. There are some good videos out there on personal statements in general, and English literature ones specifically. Watch as many as you can and then write about what really interests you. Make it personal to you. Write about your reading journey. Did you read a book that sparked your interest in a certain period/ genre/ style/ writer/ issues discussed; making you want to read something else that was connected by the same theme? Don't try to sound "clever" (from my experience I know it doesn't work! 😂) and instead think about what interests you about literature and get to the bottom of that. Mindmap things you want to find out/explore further. Then your ideas will become much more developed and you will get your passion for the subject across.
The most useful advice, and something I kept in mind all throughout the process, was 'show, don't tell'.
Start early. Be willing to write many drafts! If possible, leave a draft for a few days before re-reading, and re-drafting. Get a teacher whose opinion you trust to check it over.
Good luck!
Reply 2748
Hey, does anyone know any chemistry/STEM groupchats? All these groups seem crazy hard to find
Original post by philzone17
Yeah I’m doing the exact same combination.

if u remember this, by the time u get to uni my name is Adil
Original post by red cl
if u remember this, by the time u get to uni my name is Adil

Haha okay. What are you planning on doing with your econ degree after you finish
Hi,
I got an offer of MSc Investment banking and Finance from University of Glasgow.Then I tried to search this course online,but there is nothing shown about this course.
Has anyone ever studied this course? Could anyone tell me something about this course? Can this course lead to a good job? How is the study environment in Adam Smith Business School? Did the teachers speak with scottish accent ( No offence )?
Thanks
Original post by philzone17
Haha okay. What are you planning on doing with your econ degree after you finish

right now I'm thinking about the civil service although I will wait and see how I get on. what are you planning on doing with yours?
Hello, I have completed summer school for Law and now just waiting to hear back to see if I've met my conditions. Anyone heard anything yet about this that has been to summer school?
Any international students here? I received my CAS and it has the wrong tuition fees stated. They did not deduct the 20% ASBS tuition fee discount and so they just stated the original tuition fees. I even requested to change this when I got my draft CAS but they didn't make this amendment and now I'mm stuck with this. Because of this, I'm not being able to apply for my visa. Anyone here knows if this would cause an issue if I apply for my visa with this discrepancy?
Original post by Jaclynmx
Hello, I have completed summer school for Law and now just waiting to hear back to see if I've met my conditions. Anyone heard anything yet about this that has been to summer school?

Hey! An email was sent out by the summer school on the 7th of July saying

"Summer School results will be collated and passed directly to the Admissions Office. You will not need to do this. Results will then be emailed to your university student account in August after the SQA results are released."

I think the SQA results day is on the 10th of August, so I assume we will find out next week. Best of luck!
Original post by weevicky
Hey! An email was sent out by the summer school on the 7th of July saying

"Summer School results will be collated and passed directly to the Admissions Office. You will not need to do this. Results will then be emailed to your university student account in August after the SQA results are released."

I think the SQA results day is on the 10th of August, so I assume we will find out next week. Best of luck!

That's perfect thank you for letting me know! I've been keeping an eye on my personal email but will keep checking my student one too. Thank you!
Original post by red cl
right now I'm thinking about the civil service although I will wait and see how I get on. what are you planning on doing with yours?

I'm thinking of being an actuary but I havent come to a solid decision yet
Hello, Does anyone know roughly the amount of days students are expected to attend the University Campus? Particularly Law?
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone else studying pharmacology ? :smile:

I am, and I’m struggling to find groupchats or anyone else who is studying BSc pharmacology as well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending