The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't think so. There's a difference between being asexual and celibate or frigid.

I don't think your sexuality can suddenly change (unless you're in Hollyoaks of couse:p:)
.Vengeance.
Pardon? You've really no more right to suggest I'm oversexed than she is undersexed.

I really don't mind what other people do behind closed doors, I just am curious as to how certain relationships work. I see nothing wrong with that.

Fair enough, that comment wasn't aimed at you specifically, people in the past have said some pretty stupid things when they find out she has a non-asexual boyfriend (accusations of selfishness and dishonesty spring to mind, but that might be my imagination). I just think it's a bit silly to suggest that sex is necessary and the be-all-and-end-all, a "how does he cope?" mentality in other words.
pretz
You have a boyfriend and you are asexual. Nice.

No attention seeking there...

Why is it attention seeking?

Why, because I don't have a sex drive, should I automatically not be allowed a romantic relationship, or have it branded as "attention seeking"?

What, so because I don't have sex, I shouldn't have someone to cuddle up to at night, or to love unconditionally and to have that love returned? I can't have someone to share my innermost thoughts and fears with, share the high and lows of live with and know better than I know myself?

Oh no, of course not. I forget, it's sex that validates a relationship, right? How silly of me.
pretz
Wow, your boyfriend must be really pussywhipped to put up with you.

Excuse me?

It's a little bit abstract to naming an asexual as a dominatrix, dear.
Reply 44
.Vengeance.
To me, very. I can't imagine being OK with my other half being asexual, unless I was too. Perhaps I place more importance on sexuality in relationships than some but a relationship without physical intimacy, to me, isn't fair to the person who desires it.

I agree.

SD, did you declare that when you first met him?

What does he do to satisfy his natural needs - relies soley on masterbation?

Also, sex does not validate the relationship - but it is the cornerstone of the relationship. Without sex you are like friends or siblings.
Tufts
I agree.

SD, did you declare that when you first met him?

What does he do to satisfy his natural needs - relies soley on masterbation?

Also, sex does not validate the relationship - but it is the cornerstone of the relationship. Without sex you are like friends or siblings.

He knew during our friendship - We were friends for 3 years before we decided to make a formal move towards a 'relationship'.

He masturbates, but also has 2 girls who are purely "sexual" relationships; Both know the situation, and all four of us are close friends. It would be selfish of me to deny him his lifestyle, as it would be for him to ask me to have sex with him as frequently as he liked.
pretz
I imagine you use emotional blackmail rather than physical abuse.

How on Earth am I blackmailing him, and to what gain?
Doesn't asexual mean that you can reproduce by yourself?
EvenStevens

Not what concerning human relationships.
EvenStevens

Related to humans it's a person who doesn't experience sexual attraction or desire.
Reply 50
Spotty Dog
He knew during our friendship - We were friends for 3 years before we decided to make a formal move towards a 'relationship'.

He masturbates, but also has 2 girls who are purely "sexual" relationships; Both know the situation, and all four of us are close friends. It would be selfish of me to deny him his lifestyle, as it would be for him to ask me to have sex with him as frequently as he liked.

Well good luck to you. I fear this will end in heartache :o: But good luck all the same.
Reply 51
:rofl:
Tufts
Well good luck to you. I fear this will end in heartache :o: But good luck all the same.

So, remind me again how it's any different from the majority of relationships my age group have?
Reply 53
Spotty Dog
So, remind me again how it's any different from the majority of relationships my age group have?

Well he's having a relationship with 3 people...
Tufts
Well he's having a relationship with 3 people...

And I'm fine with that - I was the one that suggested it. :p:
Reply 55
Spotty Dog
And I'm fine with that - I was the one that suggested it. :p:

There will come a point where one of these three people will want to settle down. It might even be your boyfriend or yourself. Then what?

Also, what are your views on motherhood some day?
Tufts
There will come a point where one of these three people will want to settle down. It might even be your boyfriend or yourself. Then what?

Also, what are your views on motherhood some day?

I trust the two other girls - It is purely sex with both of them, and there is no 'relationship' past friendship. I have settled down with my man, so he is settled. :p:

I can't be a mother either way - So that's not an issue. We have talked about adoption.
Reply 57
Sex drive is a powerful force and I think that you underestimate this. But fair play to you and good luck.
Tufts
Sex drive is a powerful force and I think that you underestimate this. But fair play to you and good luck.

Speak for yourself :rolleyes:
RightSaidJames
Speak for yourself :rolleyes:

Thank you.

Latest

Trending

Trending