Original post by Cole_03
what course did you apply for?

spanish and applied language studies :smile:
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by Cole_03
im applying to civil engineering but im really scared about so much things. hoping i get an offer soon as i want it to be my firm

Hey! I've applied for civil engineering too. Where else have you applied?
Reply 82
Original post by IAmCookie16
Hey! I've applied for civil engineering too. Where else have you applied?

ive applied to napier and Abertay. I didnt have much choices as i struggled alot in school and was diagnosed with dyslexia last october so my predictions arent as good as they could be and i dint have a science, im not the biggest fan of napiers course in terms of the teaching and modules (nothing bad just not for me) and im concerned about how low abertay is on the table its also civil and enviromental

how about you? and how are you feeling about it?
Reply 83
Original post by Cole_03
ive applied to napier and Abertay. I didnt have much choices as i struggled alot in school and was diagnosed with dyslexia last october so my predictions arent as good as they could be and i dint have a science, im not the biggest fan of napiers course in terms of the teaching and modules (nothing bad just not for me) and im concerned about how low abertay is on the table its also civil and enviromental

how about you? and how are you feeling about it?

Cool! I've also applied to Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow, and Strathclyde. I've received unconditionals from Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Heriot-Watt and I'm waiting for offers from the other two. I feel like HW and Strathclyde are my top two options so I'll need to wait and see what happens. My grades from last year were fine, so I'm not too worried about that.

What subjects did you take last year?
Anyone applied to Urban Planning and Property Development?
Reply 85
Cool! I've also applied to Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow, and Strathclyde. I've received unconditionals from Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Heriot-Watt and I'm waiting for offers from the other two. I feel like HW and Strathclyde are my top two options so I'll need to wait and see what happens. My grades from last year were fine, so I'm not too worried about that.

What subjects did you take last year?

i took modern, Maths, English, Art and work experinece
this year im taking maths and english and then Psych, an energy college course and history
Reply 86
Original post by Cole_03
i took modern, Maths, English, Art and work experinece
this year im taking maths and english and then Psych, an energy college course and history

Was your work experience in an engineering field or was it unrelated?
Reply 87
Was your work experience in an engineering field or was it unrelated?

I worked for 4 weeks paid and 2 afternoons a week with Itech7 and I helped with projects as well as all other areas of the business
Reply 88
Original post by Cole_03
I worked for 4 weeks paid and 2 afternoons a week with Itech7 and I helped with projects as well as all other areas of the business

Sounds like a really good experience
Reply 89
Sounds like a really good experience

i feel lik in my statement it was my selling point agaisnt everyone else, obvouisly others have work experience but how in depth they went and how theres international projects with my name on it that i played a part in
Reply 90
Original post by Cole_03
i feel lik in my statement it was my selling point agaisnt everyone else, obvouisly others have work experience but how in depth they went and how theres international projects with my name on it that i played a part in

Absolutely, it sounds amazing and something to be proud of, especially the international projects
Original post by Cole_03

I did not put my work experience down but I put down about a podcast podcast I work on which has international attention in the media (still early days and it tackles social issues so hopefully that looks good)
Reply 92
Absolutely, it sounds amazing and something to be proud of, especially the international projects

It was either talk about that or my true crime obsession
Reply 93
Original post by Anonymous
I did not put my work experience down but I put down about a podcast podcast I work on which has international attention in the media (still early days and it tackles social issues so hopefully that looks good)

That sounds great. It shows you’ve contributed to the world in a positive way
Reply 94
I got an unconditional for economics and I got an unconditional from Stirling for economics and maths however I've still got to hear from Aberdeen, Glasgow and st Andrews
Original post by red cl
I got an unconditional for economics and I got an unconditional from Stirling for economics and maths however I've still got to hear from Aberdeen, Glasgow and st Andrews

Congrats
Reply 96
Original post by Anonymous
Congrats

thanks, I hope u get into ur uni of choice
Original post by red cl
thanks, I hope u get into ur uni of choice

Thanks very much. Herriot is my first choice unless anything appears during clearing but I only just sent in my application so probs have to wait another week or so before I hear back
Anyone applying for econ here ?
I made this uni my firm choice
Reply 99
Original post by Howyoudoing
Anyone applying for econ here ?
I made this uni my firm choice

yeah I got an unconditional for Econ

Quick Reply

Latest