skdffksnjjj
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi. I am in year 13 and supposed to resit my GCSE maths exam in summer 2021. I stupidly didn't retake in summer 2020- i got a 5 and i need a 6 to do the degree i want to

I also do bio, chem and psych.

Does anybody have any advice on how i can balance this all arghhh
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Go for the November exam so it does distract from your A level exams next Summer. Talk to your school about it asap and get revising. (As you have passed the GCSE you'll probably have to pay but your school should be able to help as it would be of benefit in getting a university place. If not then you could do it privately.)
Last edited by Compost; 1 year ago
username4613962
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As the poster above said go for a November resit if your school allows it. Went from a 4 to a 6 in a month. Very doable. From a 5 you should easily get a 6.
skdffksnjjj
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
Go for the November exam so it does distract from your A level exams next Summer. Talk to your school about it asap and get revising. (As you have passed the GCSE you'll probably have to pay but your school should be able to help as it would be of benefit in getting a university place. If not then you could do it privately.)
my school won't allow me to sit in november- its only for those who had signed up for the summer 2020 resit which i didnt do
skdffksnjjj
Rep:
?
(Original post by ibby68)
As the poster above said go for a November resit if your school allows it. Went from a 4 to a 6 in a month. Very doable. From a 5 you should easily get a 6.
my school won't allow me to sit in november- its only for those who had signed up for the summer 2020 resit which i didnt do

Can i ask how you did that bc thats amazing
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by skdffksnjjj)
For Maths and English Language that's not the case. They are always available in the Autumn and are a separate exam season which anyone over 16 can enter for.
StDave
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If your school are being difficult and you feel confident, you can always sign up to do the Cambridge International (CIE) iGCSE as a private candidate.

You'd have to pay, but you can get entered in for their October series of exams. They are challenging exams, but it's an option for you to consider.

You need to register soon if you decide to go for it.
Last edited by StDave; 1 year ago
hibam
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ibby68)
im in the same boat , i got a 4 and i am going to resit in november and hopefully get a 7 but ill be happy with a 6 , how do i do it in so little time ??, ive been relearning topics and doing questions continously i have just finished alegebra and will hopefully finish learning content in the next 3 weeks
username4613962
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by hibam)
im in the same boat , i got a 4 and i am going to resit in november and hopefully get a 7 but ill be happy with a 6 , how do i do it in so little time ??, ive been relearning topics and doing questions continously i have just finished alegebra and will hopefully finish learning content in the next 3 weeks
I can only give advice for edexcel as this is the board I did. Use maths genies videos(to learn the content) and topic papers to make sure you can apply what you learnt. Go through every single topic+ topic questions above grade 2. Start even lower if you need to.Even if you think you know a topic still go through it. The content is only "challenging" at around grade 6-9 imo. Don't fear any topic as I did this the first time, the grade 4-7 topics will make up the majority of your paper.After you have finished all the content up to from grade 2-9 do past papers starting from around 2014/15. Try to aim for almost full marks on the first 10 questions on every paper which will be most of the marks you need for a 6. If you are getting 35-40 in every paper you are looking at a strong 6. 45-50 to be safe for a 7.
Hello_2003
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hey results come on the 14. Do you know how we will receive it. Do we have to go into school or will it be emailed to us.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (25)
13.59%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.52%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.89%
I need help with my personal statement (76)
41.3%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (44)
23.91%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.63%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (15)
8.15%

Watched Threads