Official University of Hull 2021 applicant thread

Watch
Manooka
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to the University of Hull for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>
Uni of Hull Students
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Manooka)
:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to the University of Hull for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>
Hi Manooka,

Thanks for creating this!

For any applicants (or potential applicants), I just wanted to add a link to our 'Ask a Hull Student' thread where a couple of us will be answering any questions you may have about the university or Hull itself.

Take care,

Millie,
Student Rep
Henners_
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi I'm Henry. I have received an offer for music. Has anyone else applied for music?
Uni of Hull Students
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Henners_)
Hi I'm Henry. I have received an offer for music. Has anyone else applied for music?
Hi Henners_

It is great that you are considering studying music with us!

If you have any questions about the university please feel free to ask

Emily
University of Hull Student Representative
Anonymous #1
Report 8 months ago
I've applied for MChem, I sent my application off last wednesday and received an email from the department head the next day stating he liked my personal statement and looked forward to meeting me and then recieved an email saying i would be invited to an applicant day, I'm hoping this results in an offer.
Uni of Hull Students
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've applied for MChem, I sent my application off last wednesday and received an email from the department head the next day stating he liked my personal statement and looked forward to meeting me and then recieved an email saying i would be invited to an applicant day, I'm hoping this results in an offer.
Hi Anon.,

It is great that you have considered Hull as one of your options to Study MChem at.

The applicant day will be a great opportunity for you to ask any questions which you may have.

Best wishes,

Emily
University of Hull Student Representative
W_Mi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I applied for LLB Law on the 7th of December. Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back from the University?
Uni of Hull Students
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by W_Mi)
I applied for LLB Law on the 7th of December. Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back from the University?
Hey W_Mi

Really great to hear you have applied for our LLB Law course, huge best of luck for your application. Due to this being a very busy time, it can take some time to hear back from us. You could go ahead and email the admissions team on [email protected] who may be able to give you an update on your application. If you have any more questions at all please let me know, I'll be happy to answer

Megan
University of Hull Student Rep
KxnzoG
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Has anyone applied for criminology here?
Uni of Hull Students
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by KxnzoG)
Has anyone applied for criminology here?
Hi KxnoG

It's great that you are considering Hull to study Criminology here, and I am sure you will find some other applicants soon. If you want to chat with some students already taking Criminology, you could look at our Ask a Student page: https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/ask-a-student . There is also a link to an On demand session on Criminology if you haven't seen it already https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/undergraduate.

Good luck!

Chris
tawana200
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi I am really excited to hopefully study Law and business management in Hull, I applied december 8 and was wondering when I would get a response.
Anonymous #2
Report 7 months ago
Hello I am really excited to study law and business management at hull, but I was wondering when i would get a response as I applied on december 8
Uni of Hull Students
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by tawana200)
Hi I am really excited to hopefully study Law and business management in Hull, I applied december 8 and was wondering when I would get a response.
Hi Tawana, amazing to hear you're hoping to study Law and Business Management, I'm a 3rd year Law student myself and a massive fan of the staff in this department. Try not to worry too much about not having heard back yet as October- January is a very busy time for applications, the latest you should expect to hear back is usually around May but you can also contact the admissions team at [email protected] to check on the progress of your application. In the mean time keep an eye on your emails and UCAS track to see if there's any additional information required or tasks to fulfill to process your application.
Best of luck
Lizzy, Student Rep
Last edited by Uni of Hull Students; 7 months ago
djomil
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I got an offer to study Msc Social Research. Anyone else?
Uni of Hull Students
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by djomil)
I got an offer to study Msc Social Research. Anyone else?
Hello djomil,

Congratulations on your offer to study a Masters qualification! If you have any questions about studying feel free to talk to students with the link here: https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/ask-a-student

Gabrielle- University of Hull Rep
georgia1073
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Chemistry lecturer Dr Chris Armstrong at the University of Hull tweeted
"I'm conflicted on this, because yes, it's pretty tough on people in a vulnerable situation who are losing a lot of money they don't have to lose. But also 120,000 people are dead, get a f***** grip over your "Student Experience" s***already, the lot of you."

Is this reflective of other lecturer's at Hull? I've applied to Hull and I'm concerned that the other lecturers will have the same attitude with student issues.
University of Hull
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by georgia1073)
Chemistry lecturer Dr Chris Armstrong at the University of Hull tweeted
"I'm conflicted on this, because yes, it's pretty tough on people in a vulnerable situation who are losing a lot of money they don't have to lose. But also 120,000 people are dead, get a f***** grip over your "Student Experience" s***already, the lot of you."

Is this reflective of other lecturer's at Hull? I've applied to Hull and I'm concerned that the other lecturers will have the same attitude with student issues.
Hi georgia1073,

We've seen the post above and wanted to respond, to reassure anyone who had concerns about this.

When staff comment on any social media platform, they do so in a personal capacity, and the views presented in no way reflect the University’s position.

We all know that the past year has been incredibly difficult for students everywhere, and Hull has offered a wide range of support for students throughout lockdown. Staff are always keen to engage with and listen to students and our ambassadors can answer many of the questions that you may have - so please do get in touch if we can help you.
phoenixluna
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi!
I've applied to HYMS and received an offer, but I read on the hull website that only blue badge holders can park at the accommodation. I'm going to be using my car to primarily go back home as its a few hours away. Where can I leave my car while I'm living at the uni?
Uni of Hull Students
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi PheonixLuna!
Congratulations on your offer! This is usually the case with accommodation parking yes, though their may be some off-campus options available near by, subject to demand. For more information on this it is best to contact [email protected] as they will be able to provide you with the most up to date information regarding parking and permits.
Best wishes
Lizzy, Student Advisor
Uni of Hull Students
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by phoenixluna)
Hi!
I've applied to HYMS and received an offer, but I read on the hull website that only blue badge holders can park at the accommodation. I'm going to be using my car to primarily go back home as its a few hours away. Where can I leave my car while I'm living at the uni?
Hi Phoenixluna

Just to give you my experience, I have had a car and studied at Hull for over three years now. There are off campus parking spots available right next to the campus. They do tend to fill up from early morning as people working or studying on campus arrive, but if you are living on campus then I assume you won't be using your car everyday so there shouldn't be an issue. I usually left my car on Salmon Grove or Inglemire Lane, both just on the edge of campus.

Good luck and congratulations on your offer!

Chris
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (9)
56.25%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (1)
6.25%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (2)
12.5%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (1)
6.25%
I haven't started researching yet (0)
0%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
18.75%

Watched Threads