Demi G
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello everyone I’m 16 but I am eligible to drive because I receive high rate mobility pip I have already passed my theory test and have been trying for weeks even for a key worker test I have called DVSA for like 6 hours a day and nothing. When I finally got through they couldn’t help me it just says I’m not eligible to book this category test and it is car I’m clicking.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Demi G)
Hello everyone I’m 16 but I am eligible to drive because I receive high rate mobility pip I have already passed my theory test and have been trying for weeks even for a key worker test I have called DVSA for like 6 hours a day and nothing. When I finally got through they couldn’t help me it just says I’m not eligible to book this category test and it is car I’m clicking.
There's no tests to book right now; you're going to have to wait I'm afraid.
TheDE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
There's no tests to book right now; you're going to have to wait I'm afraid.
8am September 15th more tests become available. It is worth checking that they issued you with the correct licence, as anybody can apply for a provisional licence at 16 to drive a moped or quad bike. You would have been asked to provide proof of PIP after applying. From the sounds of it you may have been incorrectly issued a standard provisional licence which has no PIP entitlement on it, therefore the system is not recognising that you are able to book a car test. Having a PIP marker put on the licence would be an awkward process after the fact, you may need to apply for a new licence being sure to tick the box on the D1 saying you have PIP entitlement and providing proof in a timely manner (afaik the process normally takes 3 months).

Just as an aside I found this fun statistic; at 26 November 2016 there were 2,058 16 year olds with Provisional Car Entitlement with a PIP marker on their driving record. Of those, only four were recorded as having passed a practical driving test for Category B (car).

Good luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (64)
21.77%
No (230)
78.23%

Watched Threads