The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

this happens to me as well!! And i think i might be the only one saying this but i hate the MCQs! they always catch me outttt
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by astroehoe
Yeh and it's like I can do the other stuff it's literally just the tangent that screws me over

yh I can work out half life no problem, and usually it's always first order, so I second hand guess that.
and I get error carried forwards but I lose like 2-3 marks
How much AS content do you think will come up?

I'm secure on all the A level content but I've not practiced enough AS content (e.g. Hydrogen bonding changing properties of water etc.)
Original post by infosectings

I'm secure on all the A level content but I've not practiced enough AS content (e.g. Hydrogen bonding changing properties of water etc.)

I really have no clue. I'm hoping not too much lol coz I've literally had to teach myself the last few A level y13 topics so I haven't been focusing on y12 topics
Original post by nadiarameh
this happens to me as well!! And i think i might be the only one saying this but i hate the MCQs! they always catch me outttt

Wait what are MCQs??? I'm getting stressed thinking I've missed spec points ahhhhh
Wait what are MCQs??? I'm getting stressed thinking I've missed spec points ahhhhh

Multiple choice questions (the first 15? marks on the paper)

I think roughly the same amount as the previous years, but honestly tho AS stuff is fine like there isnt much to go through
Original post by KawaiiMuffinCake
I think roughly the same amount as the previous years, but honestly tho AS stuff is fine like there isnt much to go through

Ah fairs, I usually just end up giving bad explanations for periodicity etc. so I flop it which is why I'm worried.
Original post by kekedoyouloveme?
Same I love those, I'm also getting the hang of working out X for a salt

Like Na2s04.xh20 worked that out and honestly kind of like them (I'm a nerd I know) I hope they ask about the rate equations from a table that'll be really fab! no doubt they'd throw in a graph ;/ I kind of have a feeling *touch wood* it doesn't because even though I know the concept I don't want to do it if you get me.

I hope the Cell potential and drawing them bc that's decent and explaining which reactions are feasible and what not.

you will do great!! good luck :smile:
Ah fairs, I usually just end up giving bad explanations for periodicity etc. so I flop it which is why I'm worried.

me too i'm never able to actual get it correct and its always like quite a few 3 markers squished together so I end up loosing SO much. lol im sure we'll be okay tomorrow though
me too i'm never able to actual get it correct and its always like quite a few 3 markers squished together so I end up loosing SO much. lol im sure we'll be okay tomorrow though

Hopefully yeah. The grade boundaries are usually like 90%/80% for A*/A so its literally 3 3 markers to go down an entire grade ://///

I lose my first ten marks in those ffs :woo:
Hopefully yeah. The grade boundaries are usually like 90%/80% for A*/A so its literally 3 3 markers to go down an entire grade ://///

literally omg. I don't think I could ever aim for an A* but getting A would be impossible if I lost those easy marks : ((((

;/ trust me... you can make a couple of mistakes and you're suddenly 2 marks of an A and you know you can do it.

I don't even understand why they're so high, it's not easy as pie surely? I mean the papers are decent, and I did Edexcel last year should have just stuck with Edexcel but I remember my teachers were all complaining about how OCR was so student friendly and better, and how I could have gotten and A or an A* if I had done OCR, now that I'm doing it I'm literally scraping the A's (78/100 when the grade boundary is 76 or getting one or two marks off ;/ )

ohhhhhhhhhh sorry my brain is broken. Yeh they're kinda mean like 1 mark for so much work wth
literally omg. I don't think I could ever aim for an A* but getting A would be impossible if I lost those easy marks : ((((

Hopefully tomorrow, in exam conditions we'd be like this is the actual thing, I only ever timed myself once for the real papers and had 30 minutes to spare, I have a feeling I'd be pushed for time tomorrow but I hope not :frown:

Hopefully we'll all just read it carefully, I have yet to go over the spec but have been going through the textbook picking out random questions and am going over practical's.

It's so hard to get an A*. In my practise papers I'm just about getting an A. But As are 72% on paper 1 not 80%

the multiple choice questions omg i'm so sorry i didn't mean to stress you out!! :smile:
you know the 15 1 markers we have at the beginning
Original post by nadiarameh
the multiple choice questions omg i'm so sorry i didn't mean to stress you out!! :smile:
you know the 15 1 markers we have at the beginning

haha dw my brain is just frazzled from all the revision
Original post by kekedoyouloveme?
Hopefully tomorrow, in exam conditions we'd be like this is the actual thing, I only ever timed myself once for the real papers and had 30 minutes to spare, I have a feeling I'd be pushed for time tomorrow but I hope not :frown:

Hopefully we'll all just read it carefully, I have yet to go over the spec but have been going through the textbook picking out random questions and am going over practical's.

exactly! I roughly have 40 mins to spare but I do weed out quite a few mistakes in those 40 mins if I looked hard enough :P

Latest

Trending

Trending