You miscounted hydrogens which ruined your mr. You were close at least
Reply 981
Original post by Teddyguy

i’m sooo annoyed why do i make these dumb mistakes
Original post by Teddyguy

probably got ECF aswell so only dropped one mark
also did everyone find multiple choice ones really hard?!!
Reply 984
Original post by user1743
probably got ECF aswell so only dropped one mark

for the purification part of the question, i only wrote about redistillation so will i drop marks there? i didnt think you had to write about more than one technique
Reply 985
also did everyone find multiple choice ones really hard?!!

i think around half were alright and the other half was quite hard
😂😂 dw we're all in this together and hopefully we'll all get what we need ;(( from the sounds of it it was a bit **** for everyone which is encouraging for grade boundaries

Thanks, I hope so I even wrote the wrong exam candidate number 😂😂 they corrected it. I just hope it's like 78/100 for an A either way i lost about 25 marks in the first paper I reckon
Original post by ramzinoo
for the purification part of the question, i only wrote about redistillation so will i drop marks there? i didnt think you had to write about more than one technique

i honestly have no idea but reckon you will have picked up most of the marks if not all ... i totally screwed up the 3 marker on the organic products formed honestly can't wait for them all to be over ;(((
The answer is 7.9g. I wrote down 3.2 something and I just reworked it. I was wrong😩. If you 3.2g you assumed the 4g was your theoretical which it's not. It's the actual mass. According to past papers some may allow ECF and you only lose a mark others you may lose two. It is what it is.

But how are you guys getting three carbon environments though? I counted 6 and 8
Original post by kekedoyouloveme?
Thanks, I hope so I even wrote the wrong exam candidate number 😂😂 they corrected it. I just hope it's like 78/100 for an A either way i lost about 25 marks in the first paper I reckon

😂😂😂 i wrote the wrong name on my gcse english paper ... the wrong ****ing name 😂😭😭 ... ye same i hope grade boundaries are low!!! paper 1 was a nightmare don't even get me started ;(((
Original post by KaylaJ3
The answer is 7.9g. I wrote down 3.2 something and I just reworked it. I was wrong😩. If you 3.2g you assumed the 4g was your theoretical which it's not. It's the actual mass. According to past papers some may allow ECF and you only lose a mark others you may lose two. It is what it is.

But how are you guys getting three carbon environments though? I counted 6 and 8

**** i got 4 and 8 was that wrong?!!
Reply 991

only 25? that’s really good for paper 1
Reply 992
Yeah making one could help but it also couldn't there's one for AQA my mum started trying to find some so she could pester on me on how I ****ed up yet again so :smile: bc she sees her child crying and instead of supporting them she makes them feel worse... asian parents for some.

I can defo relate lol. Unfortunately I think they ain’t gonna change boundaries. Paper 2 will 99% be same boundaries as last year, paper 1 would prob be the same for a* but maybe 70 for A max if we’re lucky
How did everyone find it?

Did everything apart from the practical but messed up radical and amine reactions ://// just guessed them so idk if it's right. The last q was blessed tho remembered where the CN goes from a similar ppq
Original post by Talal2
I can defo relate lol. Unfortunately I think they ain’t gonna change boundaries. Paper 2 will 99% be same boundaries as last year, paper 1 would prob be the same for a* but maybe 70 for A max if we’re lucky

yh I think I got 25 marks off for paper 1 give or take, if its 80 for an A then I'm screwed for paper 2 I think I lost ab 22 marks give or take.. I put H+ when drawing the benzene mechanism I honestly don't want to be penalised for it
Reply 995
yh I think I got 25 marks off for paper 1 give or take, if its 80 for an A then I'm screwed for paper 2 I think I lost ab 22 marks give or take.. I put H+ when drawing the benzene mechanism I honestly don't want to be penalised for it

If you got 75 that’s defo an A for that paper alone. So all you need is 52/70 in last paper to guarantee that A
i did filtering under pressure with side arm flask and dissolving in a solvent ? because it asked for PURE substances
Original post by Talal2
If you got 75 that’s defo an A for that paper alone. So all you need is 52/70 in last paper to guarantee that A

yeah that seems hard tbf 52 is kinda a small amount of marks if it's 46/70 then we're talking 😂 otherwise yeah

Last year paper 3 was 44 woah was it hard?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by imsadddddd
i did filtering under pressure with side arm flask and dissolving in a solvent ? because it asked for PURE substances

filtering under pressure is for organic solids is it not?
filtering under pressure is for organic solids is it not?

its the only thing i remembered for that question and im pretty sure thats the practical in the book? im not sure i came on here to find out....

Latest

Trending

Trending