I applied for history in September, only had an acknowledgement
Amp242
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by LegsEleven17)
I applied to theatre nearly a month ago and still nothing
Ah ok, feel better now thanks. I did think they are probably needing to plan whether they will interview and when. Also whether it’s in-person or zoom
maham.m
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Sophiebxx)
I’ve applied for English lit, but not theatre. I haven’t received an offer yet
(Original post by HaydsTheBed)
I applied for history in September, only had an acknowledgement
I applied for both in a joint degree, haven't had anything other than an acknowledgement email either. Does anyone know how slow/fast the uni normally is when it comes to starting to give out offers? I know some other universities tend to wait until the Jan deadline for UCAS, is it the same case here?
Sophiebxx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by maham.m)
I applied for both in a joint degree, haven't had anything other than an acknowledgement email either. Does anyone know how slow/fast the uni normally is when it comes to starting to give out offers? I know some other universities tend to wait until the Jan deadline for UCAS, is it the same case here?
In an open day, they said that they reply within 2 weeks. Even less if it’s not near ‘peak’ times. But, online students have said 4 weeks. So I’m not sure
Anonymous #1
Report 11 months ago
I applied for law in september and haven't heard anything. Has anyone got an offer for law yet?
georgia___
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
in an email they sent when i applied, they said that they consider all of their applications equally, so there might not be a decision until after the UCAS deadline, but they’ll try to make a decision as quickly as possible

edit: WAIT sorry this is for Durham 😭 jumping between the two threads !! Lancaster might be quicker / the same as York !! I’ve just received an offer from York so hopefully it should be the same length of time ...?
Last edited by georgia___; 11 months ago
𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
It really does vary on deparment. I know physics took 4 weeks from date of ucas submission to get an email asking for an interview 2 week later for daughter.
Perhaps they are gathering a certain amounts of applications before they short list for an interview, or the department has their own 'deadline' internally before they start to review. I know its hard and waiting is such a slog, but it will come. Best thing is if you haven't had any acknowledgement from the actual uni they have received your application within around 2-3 weeks, theres no harm in contacting the UGadmissions office [email protected] or 01524 592 028. Theres no harm in giving them a call . If you have had an application acknowledgement from the uni, they will be going through them and will make their decision at some point
EmilyAshford
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hello! I’m looking to study criminology and law. The subjects I’m studying are history, health and social care and photography! I sent off my application on Friday last week so hopefully I should be told if I have been given an offer.
ashtolga23
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Sorry to join a bit late! Hope this is okay. I really liked Lancaster after going for a criminology taster day back in October 2019, and I've been pretty set on applying since then.

I eventually decided to apply for English Language and Literature (Q302). I sent my application off on the 14th October, so I'm eager to hear back but presumably got lost in a sea of early entrants.

I'm currently studying English literature, RS, and psychology.

Has anyone got an offer yet? I know in Durham's acknowledgement they mentioned that I may not hear back until after the equal consideration deadline (15th January), but I haven't received anything similar from Lancaster.
maham.m
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by ashtolga23)
Sorry to join a bit late! Hope this is okay. I really liked Lancaster after going for a criminology taster day back in October 2019, and I've been pretty set on applying since then.

I eventually decided to apply for English Language and Literature (Q302). I sent my application off on the 14th October, so I'm eager to hear back but presumably got lost in a sea of early entrants.

I'm currently studying English literature, RS, and psychology.

Has anyone got an offer yet? I know in Durham's acknowledgement they mentioned that I may not hear back until after the equal consideration deadline (15th January), but I haven't received anything similar from Lancaster.
Nothing for English for me either! I imagine that Lancaster's situation is the same as Durham, even if they haven't specified that in an email, as I haven't heard of many people getting offers from the university yet. Are you applying to Oxford or Cambridge as well?
ashtolga23
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Nothing for English for me either! I imagine that Lancaster's situation is the same as Durham, even if they haven't specified that in an email, as I haven't heard of many people getting offers from the university yet. Are you applying to Oxford or Cambridge as well?
I’ve seen some people from Durham starting to get offers in the last few days, so fingers crossed these two send them out by the end of this month! I won’t get my hopes up but it would be really nice.

I’ve applied to Queens’ College, Cambridge. Yourself?
maham.m
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I’ve seen some people from Durham starting to get offers in the last few days, so fingers crossed these two send them out by the end of this month! I won’t get my hopes up but it would be really nice.

I’ve applied to Queens’ College, Cambridge. Yourself?
Fingers crossed, here's something comes through soon! I didn't realise how stressful this waiting period would be, I always thought that filling in and sending the application would be the hardest part but it turns out that's not true. I'm an early candidate too, I've applied to Somerville at Oxford for History and English.
ashtolga23
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Fingers crossed, here's something comes through soon! I didn't realise how stressful this waiting period would be, I always thought that filling in and sending the application would be the hardest part but it turns out that's not true. I'm an early candidate too, I've applied to Somerville at Oxford for History and English.
I get what you mean, but honestly I think I'm just impatient at this point. I have two offers so I'm hoping I'll end up somewhere lol. The most stressful thing for me is the idea of sitting exams at the end of such a strange couple of academic years. I'm still working from home personally so it's been difficult.

Ah nice, best of luck!
maham.m
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I get what you mean, but honestly I think I'm just impatient at this point. I have two offers so I'm hoping I'll end up somewhere lol. The most stressful thing for me is the idea of sitting exams at the end of such a strange couple of academic years. I'm still working from home personally so it's been difficult.

Ah nice, best of luck!
Ah, I'm sure it's nice to have some offers back at least! I'm still waiting for my first offer so the waiting period is feeling about 10x longer right now. I totally get what you're saying about sitting exams at the end of the year, it seems like such an odd thing to be doing considering everything that's happening right now but I'm just glad that I'm back at school and not still working from home. Best of luck to you too!
ashtolga23
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Ah, I'm sure it's nice to have some offers back at least! I'm still waiting for my first offer so the waiting period is feeling about 10x longer right now. I totally get what you're saying about sitting exams at the end of the year, it seems like such an odd thing to be doing considering everything that's happening right now but I'm just glad that I'm back at school and not still working from home. Best of luck to you too!
Aw I promise it’s worth the wait! I was checking obsessively for the first few weeks until I got mine. I’m sure it’ll happen for you soon!

Ah I get you. It must be nice to be in aha.

Thank you!
Chlzrijas
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Has anyone gotten an offer from Lancaster?
Belle2002
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I’ve just applied to study psychology with a year abroad
Chlzrijas
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Belle2002)
I’ve just applied to study psychology with a year abroad
I have applied for Mpsych
Kvitravn
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
just got an offer for history!
lovelylemon
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi, I've applied for linguistics, good luck everyone!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (247)
57.31%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (57)
13.23%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (47)
10.9%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (37)
8.58%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
5.57%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
4.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed