The Student Room Group
Leeds Arts University
Leeds Arts University
Leeds

Official Leeds Arts University 2021 applicant thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by doodlegg
After a month and a half of waiting I got denied for illustration bruhhh. I'm triggered that I got denied from the lowest ranked uni in my list, they told me the course was very competitive, but I've never heard of Leeds being popular. Maybe they could tell I rushed the portfolio and applied a minute before the deadline lmao, if London rejects me idk what I'll do

Leeds is most definitely popular. They had a high volume of applicants applying this year, in addition to those who deferred on top of the regular amount of applicants, places are hard to get if you don't put your heart into applying. It would be wise for you to place more care into your applications, as you cannot be mad when you thought of the university as the lowest university on your list.
Leeds Arts University
Leeds Arts University
Leeds
Original post by doodlegg
After a month and a half of waiting I got denied for illustration bruhhh. I'm triggered that I got denied from the lowest ranked uni in my list, they told me the course was very competitive, but I've never heard of Leeds being popular. Maybe they could tell I rushed the portfolio and applied a minute before the deadline lmao, if London rejects me idk what I'll do

exact same thing happened to me today!! but for fine art, annoyed that it was the one i thought i could get into easy!
Hi i'm Emilly, I got an offer from Leed Arts University for Fashion Photography, I don't know if it's best to live in the university accommodation flats or in a private home for the first year. What is best in your opinion?
Original post by Emilinho96
Hi i'm Emilly, I got an offer from Leed Arts University for Fashion Photography, I don't know if it's best to live in the university accommodation flats or in a private home for the first year. What is best in your opinion?

I'd assume that private accommodation wouldn't be as social as you won't be with other LAU students, but if social events aren't that high of a priority for you it might be a good option. I think if you go private some places you will need to install wifi yourself and pay some bills which sounds like a pain in the ass. It's just preference really, I hope this was helpful in some way
Original post by Ella23165
I think its maybe a bit further from social things but im not too fussed really!

I think I'm just going to gamble and go there bcs its close to uni and it has a gym lmao
(edited 3 years ago)
Anyone applied for graphics design and got a response yet?
The wait times are a joke at this point.
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone applied for graphics design and got a response yet?
The wait times are a joke at this point.

yeah, I sent my portfolio in over 2 months ago now...it's a complete joke. I'm thinking of with drawing my application since the communication has just been so terrible from them compared to others Ive applied to
yeah, I sent my portfolio in over 2 months ago now...it's a complete joke. I'm thinking of with drawing my application since the communication has just been so terrible from them compared to others Ive applied to

Its a really popular university which is why they are taking so long, shouldn't be long now because most people who are getting in are getting their responses now

honestly LAU has been the most supportive university for me. they respond to emails quickly & their phone line is very good. if you're that frustrated, maybe give them a call? it might help a lot more than complaining on a forum will. and if you want to withdraw then do it, it's up to you. but I promise you there are universities that are a lot slower than LAU. like UAL, I applied 3 months ago and didn't get a response, so I withdrew my application today. it's no biggie, so if you're THAT pressed just withdraw (:
honestly LAU has been the most supportive university for me. they respond to emails quickly & their phone line is very good. if you're that frustrated, maybe give them a call? it might help a lot more than complaining on a forum will. and if you want to withdraw then do it, it's up to you. but I promise you there are universities that are a lot slower than LAU. like UAL, I applied 3 months ago and didn't get a response, so I withdrew my application today. it's no biggie, so if you're THAT pressed just withdraw (:

A bit frustrating though considering we've applied on time and submitted portfolios on time yet there is no response. Personally I've contacted them and they just say "it's another few weeks" yet I submitted over 3 months ago... Even a general email from them saying they are delayed or something will put people at peace of mind.
A bit frustrating though considering we've applied on time and submitted portfolios on time yet there is no response. Personally I've contacted them and they just say "it's another few weeks" yet I submitted over 3 months ago... Even a general email from them saying they are delayed or something will put people at peace of mind.

I'm guessing you've had unis send this type of general email to you but I personally didn't get ANY emails telling me that they were behind and were taking longer than expected or whatever. LAU is a small uni, you can't put them on the same pedestal as bigger unis. If you're so impatient just withdraw. I'm sure that will give you peace of mind!!

I didn't apply to UAL but out of all the unis I have applied to LAU has been the worst at communicating by far. I understand they are busy but there wasn't so much as a confirmation email that they have received the portfolio. I'm glad they have communicated well with you but that just hasn't been my experience with LAU unfortunately.
I didn't apply to UAL but out of all the unis I have applied to LAU has been the worst at communicating by far. I understand they are busy but there wasn't so much as a confirmation email that they have received the portfolio. I'm glad they have communicated well with you but that just hasn't been my experience with LAU unfortunately.

Thank you, exactly how I feel

Okay, I guess my experience was different. But still, I urge you to give LAU a chance. And I recommend calling them, because it really does help. I hope you get a response soon.
Don't complain about communication if you aren't even going to attempt to call or email them? If you do, they will respond even though they are busy. They are a small uni and have a lot of applicants they don't have time to update everyone, but will communicate with you if you reach out. Please stop complaining about it if you haven't even tried to communicate with them over the phone
(edited 3 years ago)
Thank you, exactly how I feel

I called the Admissions team on a Friday and got the response to my application on the Monday! If you just explain the situation and the nerves it's giving you, they will do all they can to make the process quicker :]
I called the Admissions team on a Friday and got the response to my application on the Monday! If you just explain the situation and the nerves it's giving you, they will do all they can to make the process quicker :]

Thank you, will take on your advice. :smile:

aren't you that person that said lau had become their last choice? if you don't wanna go, then why do you care? don't be shy, withdraw your application <3
Hi guys i recently got my offer for illustration!
Does anyone know the head of Fine Arts email?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending