The Student Room Group
Leeds Arts University
Leeds Arts University
Leeds

Official Leeds Arts University 2021 applicant thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aidan.18
i asked them that and they just said they want the images for now and will ask for the other stuff later i guess

I would assume that if you applied on UCAS, they already have an indicator of your grades/predicted grades. As for me, since I took a gap year I sent them off as evidence of my already achieved grades, as for those who are still in school still need to get their grades so I'm sure they understand that. Typically, creative degrees just want to see your own skill, and the grades are the cherry on top :]
Leeds Arts University
Leeds Arts University
Leeds
Original post by RebeccaKN
I would assume that if you applied on UCAS, they already have an indicator of your grades/predicted grades. As for me, since I took a gap year I sent them off as evidence of my already achieved grades, as for those who are still in school still need to get their grades so I'm sure they understand that. Typically, creative degrees just want to see your own skill, and the grades are the cherry on top :]

yeah i’m just waiting to accept an unconditional offer but having to wait on leeds to make their decision i’ve been waiting 2 months and it feels like it’s gonna keep going on but they should start making offers soon i believe. if anyone has a filmmaking offer reply.
Original post by therabast
Hey guys I applied to the comic and concept art course (my number 1 choice) and the illustration course. I uploaded my 3 images a few days ago but I am feeling really silly about how I did it now after seeing how some of you have done yours. I just put 3 images on a single word doc for both courses and I struggled on which to put. I'm really hoping they get back to me before the other unis' deadline to submit a portfolio so I can just cancel those applications lol. Do you think it'll make a difference to how soon they reply if you've not uploaded the other stuff like the id and gcse yet (i can't give them my level 3 qualification im still doing it lol).

If you're able to upload your gcse results and id it's probably a good idea. I wouldn't worry about your portfolio tho most people have just uploaded 3 images and they werent very clear on how many photos
Original post by hopey141
Ah right, been 10 days since I got the email saying they will be in touch to open a portal thats all, got me worrying I had been forgotten about lol

I haven’t received an email either & it’s been almost a month, but all my other choices have sent me a portfolio request. Who knows.
Original post by Manooka
:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Leeds Arts University for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Hi~ I'm applying for the illustration BA Hons program at Leeds Art
Haven't submitted my portfolio yet but will be doing it today/tomorrow !!
anyone else applying for illustration tooo?
Hi I got an offer for film! I’m still deciding on that or aub anyone else applied for film?
hi, i’ve got an offer for fashion branding and communications, anyone applying for this too?
Original post by xluvtae_

Hey! I've applied to Illustration as well but for me the image submission deadline was the 5th?
Original post by Lilyyyyaa1010
Hi I got an offer for film! I’m still deciding on that or aub anyone else applied for film?

aw congrats when did u send your portfolio in?
Original post by Oliviagriffith
aw congrats when did u send your portfolio in?

I sent it in on the 3rd but the closing date was the 4th for me
Reply 70
Original post by xluvtae_

meee I have my insta is @0blvi if u wanna stay in touch

hi when did you apply/ send your portfolio off?
hi when did you apply/ send your portfolio off?

I sent it in on the 3rd and I got an offer like a week or so later but the deadline for me was the 4th
I sent it in on the 3rd and I got an offer like a week or so later but the deadline for me was the 4th

of february? i sent my in december and i’m still waiting for them to decide on me even though i want to firm somewhere else it’s so annoying waiting this long. anyway well done
of february? i sent my in december and i’m still waiting for them to decide on me even though i want to firm somewhere else it’s so annoying waiting this long. anyway well done

Yeah I’m still deciding between Leeds and aub, good luck!!!
Yeah I’m still deciding between Leeds and aub, good luck!!!

was your ucas track updated? on mine it says last updated 6th of feb but i sent it start of december and no decision yet and on the portal it still says applied i’m so confused with leeds
I sent my images in at the beginning of January but my offer changed and they sent me an offer email. But the dates only updated when I got the offer
Original post by Manooka
:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Leeds Arts University for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Has anyone heard back with offers/rejection yet? I’ve applied for undergrad illustration
Ended up having to rush my illustration portfolio and managed to submit one minute before the deadline lmao. Also, regarding the 3 image limit thing, my friend emailed them and they said that you're allowed to add more as long as it's development work and relevant the to piece you submitted.
I forgot this and ended up submitting 27 drawings crammed into 3 pages, oops
Original post by Anonymous
Hey! I've applied to Illustration as well but for me the image submission deadline was the 5th?

hihi sorry for the late reply
nooo there isn't a deadline for leeds art
they didn't specify a date in the replying email was it just me haha cuz they replied "thanks" to my portfolio email
maybe its because you applied through the applicant portal? does that make a difference haha because I only had to email them my portfolio since I applied through UCAS

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending