Official Newman University Birmingham 2021 applicant thread

Watch
Manooka
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Newman University Birmingham for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>
Anonymous #1
Report 8 months ago
Im applying to nursing
And im studying health and social care level 3
Unknown2452
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Pgce Primary 3-7 for September 2021 - anyone else? Xx
Grace garlington
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Unknown2452)
Pgce Primary 3-7 for September 2021 - anyone else? Xx
Me too. Have you had an interview yet?
Alinah_Farouk
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi all, my name is Kiran and i am one of the Student Recruitment Officers at Newman University. If anyone has any questions about studying at our university please ask away!!! I look forward to hearing from you all
Aarif - Newman University Rep
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Manooka)

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Newman University Birmingham for 2021!

I am a PGCE primary (3-7) at Newman University, I started in September 2020. If anyone has any questions please do ask.
Anonymous #2
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Aarif - Newman University Rep)
I am a PGCE primary (3-7) at Newman University, I started in September 2020. If anyone has any questions please do ask.
Hi,

I have a Primary PGCE interview coming up with Newman for 2021 entry. I have read the interview process which outlines a five-minute micro-teaching session. Is the session based on a particular topic or do you have any advice regarding this. I have not received any further info from the Uni as of yet, and I'm not sure if I will.

Thanks
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi,

I have a Primary PGCE interview coming up with Newman for 2021 entry. I have read the interview process which outlines a five-minute micro-teaching session. Is the session based on a particular topic or do you have any advice regarding this. I have not received any further info from the Uni as of yet, and I'm not sure if I will.

Thanks
Good morning,
As a cast my mind back to my interview last year, I had based my mico-teaching session on counting using my own props. I would suggest getting creative, I even sang a song, think about something you enjoy teaching to a particular age group. I had to choose my own topic and it might be the same this year. However, to double-check just drop Newman University an email and I'm pretty sure they will clarify that for you.
Newman University Official Rep
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi,

Thanks
Hi, our Head of Primary ITE has said: 'All the information is provided here https://www.newman.ac.uk/knowledge-b...te-interviews/ - this link was accessible from the original email inviting the applicant to interview. The choice of topic etc. is left up to the applicant: we have no particular expectation about the content.'

I hope that helps, let me know if you need any further information! Thanks Nav (Official Newman University Rep)
Jessie.neale45
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I’ve got an offer for working with children, young people and families
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Jessie.neale45)
I’ve got an offer for working with children, young people and families
Congratulations!
Alinah_Farouk
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Manooka)

Hi, I am a fourth year student at Newman. For my undergraduate I studied Early Childhood and currently I am undertaking a Masters in Education for my postgraduate degree. Feel free to ask me any questions relating to both these courses.

Alinah
Xxxxxx1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Alinah_Farouk)
Hi all, my name is Kiran and i am one of the Student Recruitment Officers at Newman University. If anyone has any questions about studying at our university please ask away!!! I look forward to hearing from you all
hi, im thinking of applying for a PGCE primary for 2023 and am currently struggling to get work experience in schools due to their COVID policies and was wondering if this will affect my chances of getting a place on the course? I have a weeks worth of school experience from 2020, would this be enough? Thanks
Xxxxxx1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
hi, im thinking of applying for a PGCE primary for 2023 and am currently struggling to get work experience in schools due to their COVID policies and was wondering if this will affect my chances of getting a place on the course? I have a weeks worth of school experience from 2020, would this be enough? Thanks
Alinah_Farouk
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Xxxxxx1)
Hi, I hope you are well. If you are looking to apply for a PGCE primary through Newman then school experience is not a specific requirement for getting onto the course however, any relevant experience would be valuable. I have attached the website link below for you to look at. I hope this helps, feel free to ask any further questions
https://www.newman.ac.uk/course/pgce...eptember-2021/
Last edited by Alinah_Farouk; 2 months ago
AK-1234
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Has anyone done their Primary Education online interview? If so how did it go?
Last edited by AK-1234; 2 months ago
Alinah_Farouk
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by AK-1234)
Has anyone done a Newman Primary Education online interview? If so how did it go? What questions were asked?
Hi, I hope you are well. Firstly congratulations for getting to the interview stage, below i have attached a link to the skills that are required and possible topics that may be mentioned during the interview stage. I would suggest familiarising yourself with this and possibly building on how you may go about answering these questions/ how you meet these skills using relevant examples. I hope this helps, good luck for the interview

https://www.newman.ac.uk/knowledge-b...te-interviews/
Lizzie Beaman
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi, I am starting a PGCE Primary (5-11), I’m just wondering how do you travel to Newman if you do? I’m looking to get the train and then I believe I have to get a bus from New Street but am unsure what one? Do you have any idea?
Lizzie Beaman
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Alinah_Farouk)
Hi, I am starting a PGCE Primary (5-11), I’m just wondering how do you travel to Newman if you do? I’m looking to get the train and then I believe I have to get a bus from New Street but am unsure what one? Do you have any idea?
Alinah_Farouk
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Lizzie Beaman)
Hi Lizzie, Hope you are well. I travel to university by bus which is lucky as the number 18 bus is directly located outside kings norton train station and stops opposite the university. I believe if you are heading toward the city centre it’s the 23 you will need to get onto which is near new street station possibly a short walk and that bus route also takes you directly to Newman University. Hope that helps!

Alinah
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (19)
15.57%
I need help researching courses (8)
6.56%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
5.74%
I need help with my personal statement (46)
37.7%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (31)
25.41%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.46%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (8)
6.56%

Watched Threads