HMRC COVID-19 Self-employed income support. My thoughts/

Watch
Casshern1456
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Jim Harra the Chief executive and permanent secretary for HMRC sent a email around to inform individuals who is self employed and people who've been furloughed the scheme is coming is coming to an end, what do you'll think I'm interested hearing from graduates who've become self-employed especially just to hear your thoughts it's not done professionally like a poll and survey for any paper.

Initially the grant made me kind of optimistic seeing how my work is effected from 100 to 0 I've made nothing so where does paying national insurance myself and so on and so forth I mean social distancing meant I can't go back I have been waiting on what scientist advisers believe covid-19 reappearing can further do damage we're all worried about the future. Personally I want the SEISS to continue paying a vaccine will not do we're fearful what a hurried cure does to us - until like smallpox, is eradicated.
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Not really sure what your point is. Full stops?
Casshern1456
Rep:
?
(Original post by ByEeek)
Not really sure what your point is. Full stops?
Are you self employed?
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Casshern1456)
Are you self employed?
No. My brother-in-law is though. He's had many opportunities to apply for and get a regular job. Alas his head is still stuck in the sand under the illusion that things will change for the better.
Casshern1456
Rep:
?
No. My brother-in-law is though. He's had many opportunities to apply for and get a regular job. Alas his head is still stuck in the sand under the illusion that things will change for the better.
I mean no disrespect in asking about your initial comment without thought let's have another go shall we? Anyway this is about people like us who are forced to go self-employed after graduating to a abysmal jobs market it's out of sheer necessity to live and I found I had control over my time, no boss telling me what to do, owning my decisions. I am now my own boss and do my own account, pay for my own TAX really good learning experience if you ask me.
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I mean no disrespect in asking about your initial comment without thought let's have another go shall we? Anyway this is about people like us who are forced to go self-employed after graduating to a abysmal jobs market it's out of sheer necessity to live and I found I had control over my time, no boss telling me what to do, owning my decisions. I am now my own boss and do my own account, pay for my own TAX really good learning experience if you ask me.
Who forced you to go self-employed? I don't understand your point. You are saying on one hand that being self employed is great but seem also to be saying that the furlow scheme for the self-employed should be extended etc etc. What is your point? Full stops are a really good way of breaking up your sentences so that you can be understood rather than just writing one long sentence.
Casshern1456
Rep:
?
Who forced you to go self-employed? I don't understand your point. You are saying on one hand that being self employed is great but seem also to be saying that the furlow scheme for the self-employed should be extended etc etc. What is your point? Full stops are a really good way of breaking up your sentences so that you can be understood rather than just writing one long sentence.
Basically we're talking about countries like China have steadily recovered. It has less of a issue is it typical then for us not to look forward towards being free going beaches and attending bday parties or vacations we got planned. This furlow grant doesn't cover my cost so it need to get extended rather than meeting us half-way. unless HMRC with its full advice can clearly tell nationwide the date full work can resume not needing to catch covid again which we have no way of knowing and health secretary never spoke a word in way to tackle the problem.
iNeed2p
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Jim Harra the Chief executive and permanent secretary for HMRC sent a email around to inform individuals who is self employed and people who've been furloughed the scheme is coming is coming to an end, what do you'll think I'm interested hearing from graduates who've become self-employed especially just to hear your thoughts it's not done professionally like a poll and survey for any paper.

Initially the grant made me kind of optimistic seeing how my work is effected from 100 to 0 I've made nothing so where does paying national insurance myself and so on and so forth I mean social distancing meant I can't go back I have been waiting on what scientist advisers believe covid-19 reappearing can further do damage we're all worried about the future. Personally I want the SEISS to continue paying a vaccine will not do we're fearful what a hurried cure does to us - until like smallpox, is eradicated.
By the time the scheme ends, lots of employees in the industrial will be dismissed as employers already threatened that if the scheme isn't extended. My guess is, we're heading the great depression very soon.
Casshern1456
Rep:
?
factory migrant workers should work harder producing the spuds potato farmers needed looks like we're all be eating potatoes for a long long time. The mighty British lands is good for something.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (75)
21.49%
No (274)
78.51%

Watched Threads