Official Open University 2021 applicant thread

Watch
Manooka
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to the Open University for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>
gjennings1971
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Starting Law LLB in February 2021, really looking forward to it.Been out of study since school done years ago.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
I am thinking of applying to the top up to honours option for Computing in 2021!
Bonnybooboo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Applying for ba classic studies.
Currently studying bigginers Latin
😊
martinzzandie
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Manooka)

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to the Open University for 2021!

I am starting LLB (Hons) in February 2021 - Initially, only the W101 module as I work full-time as a legal assistant/paralegal. I would love to organise a support/study group
Vaishee
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey, I’m going to apply for Speech and language therapy undergraduate course for 2021. Anyone doing the same ?
Sjac77
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi 👋
Starting Forensic Psychology in Feb 2021. Currently working full time at Women's Aid.
Maddiet18
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi

I'm going to be studying BSc Data Science, starting in February.

I'm not studying anything at the moment but I am working full time in the public sector. Trying to ease myself back in to studying by looking over old A level maths study notes and textbooks. Very nervous but excited to begin studying again!
Sjac77
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi 👋
I'm also returning to education in 2021 and nervous yet excited. I'm doing Bsc Forensic Psychology.
Are you continuing work through your course?
Starry-Night123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Maddiet18)
Hi

I'm not studying anything at the moment but I am working full time in the public sector. Trying to ease myself back in to studying by looking over old A level maths study notes and textbooks. Very nervous but excited to begin studying again!
Hey! I'm also starting Data Science in Feb, excited and terrified. Ordered a few books to revise maths, it's like a foreign language, don't remember anything
WhyNotThree
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Registered to start BSc(Hons) Mathematics. Pretty excited!
kernowdave71
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I'm starting the STEM access course in February, Y033. Has anybody else completed this or got any advice? First time back in education since 1987!
casalix
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Just applied to start in Feb onto a BA in English Lit & Creative Writing!
Last edited by casalix; 11 months ago
PintaSnakebite
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by kernowdave71)
I'm starting the STEM access course in February, Y033. Has anybody else completed this or got any advice? First time back in education since 1987!I replied to your stand alone question re Y033.
I replied to your stand alone question on this subject on a different thread. Interesting that we are starting from a very similar position!

Feel free to message me if you have any questions.
Last edited by PintaSnakebite; 11 months ago
JayRSP
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I'm looking at starting the BSc (Honours) Sport, Fitness and Coaching in October 2021. A bit disappointed that there's not two course starts per year and that I have to wait nearly 12 months but oh well. I currently work full time - but work permanent nights, which is week on week off so I'm going to the course full time as I'll be able to study while at work. I also work part time for Football team in the Northern Premier League - as a performance analyst. Any club worth their salt looks for potential employees with a BSc in Sports/Sports Science. So that's what I'll be working towards.
Martynaa11
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Sjac77)
Hi 👋
Starting Forensic Psychology in Feb 2021. Currently working full time at Women's Aid.
Hi 👋
I'm also returning to education in 2021 and nervous yet excited. I'm doing Bsc Forensic Psychology.
Are you continuing work through your course?
Hi, are you doing this full time or part time?
Jodiewids
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi 👋
I’m also starting forensic psychology in Feb 2021! Working part time and have 2 children! Excited but nervous ☺️
sbreezey93
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Manooka)

I am starting Biology in Feb 2021 part-time as currently working full-time in the water industry so haven't studied for over 10 years!
DanB1991
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Maddiet18)
Hi

Awesome! Looking at starting the May course myself! Having to re-learn maths as haven't touched it in 12 years.

Are you doing the MU123 discovering maths module or diving straight in?
PdManc
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by JayRSP)
I'm looking at starting the BSc (Honours) Sport, Fitness and Coaching in October 2021. A bit disappointed that there's not two course starts per year and that I have to wait nearly 12 months but oh well. I currently work full time - but work permanent nights, which is week on week off so I'm going to the course full time as I'll be able to study while at work. I also work part time for Football team in the Northern Premier League - as a performance analyst. Any club worth their salt looks for potential employees with a BSc in Sports/Sports Science. So that's what I'll be working towards.

Jay, I don't know how recently you've studied, but you may find it useful to look at some of the OpenLearn courses offered by ghte OU, there are basic skills courses and some others related to your discipline.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (244)
57.68%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (55)
13%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (46)
10.87%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (36)
8.51%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
5.67%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
4.26%

Watched Threads