Official Oxford Brookes University 2021 applicant thread

Watch
Manooka
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Oxford Brookes University for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>
Last edited by Manooka; 1 month ago
Bbubble061
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! I'm thinking of doing Adult Nursing. I'm currently doing biology, psychology and sociology - psychology is my favourite!
Ten-Ten
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Heyy, I’m thinking of doing marketing and management. I currently do maths, business and economics
Oxford Brookes University
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bbubble061)
Hi! I'm thinking of doing Adult Nursing. I'm currently doing biology, psychology and sociology - psychology is my favourite!
Hello Bbubble061,

Hope you are doing well! We at Brookes are so excited to hear that you are thinking about joining us!!

I am a current student at the university, although I do not study Adult Nursing, I would be happy to answer any questions you may have about the University or Student Life. So please do feel free to ask.

All the best,

Shaf
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ten-Ten)
Heyy, I’m thinking of doing marketing and management. I currently do maths, business and economics
Hello Ten-Ten,

Hope you are doing well! Glad to hear that you are thinking about joining Brookes for marketing and management!

If you have any questions about the University or about Student Life, please do feel free to ask. Even though I currently study Law at Brookes, I would be more than happy to help you!

All the best,

Shaf
Ksmith27
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Manooka)

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Oxford Brookes University for 2021!

Hi, I’m think of the the Animal Biology and Conservation course!
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ksmith27)
Hi, I’m think of the the Animal Biology and Conservation course!
Hey Ksmith27,

I hope you're doing well!

It's great to hear that you're thinking about joining Brookes for the Animal Biology and Conservation course.

I'm a final year Biomedical Science student at Brookes so please feel free to ask any questions you may have regarding the University, Student Life or the course even though I don't study it but will try my best to answer!

Good luck,
Ash
Lucy Noon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi i'm thinking of studying children's nursing. I currently do biology, psychology and sociology
Lucy Noon
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Have you visited the university yet?
Bbubble061
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Lucy Noon)
Have you visited the university yet?
Yes but it was a couple years ago when I was on a school trip. I visited Headington Campus (I think that's what it's called). It was quite some time ago so I can't remember a lot but it was very modern looking and stylish.
Lucy Noon
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes but it was a couple years ago when I was on a school trip. I visited Headington Campus (I think that's what it's called). It was quite some time ago so I can't remember a lot but it was very modern looking and stylish.
yes it is and it has an amazing sports hall. Just out of interest what made you decide to do adults nursing and not children/mental health
Last edited by Lucy Noon; 3 weeks ago
Bbubble061
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
yes it is and it has an amazing sports hall. Just out of interest what made you decide to do adults nursing and not children/mental health
1. I'm not good with children/young people (though I am one)
2. For mental health nursing, I just don't think I've got the right qualities for it. I feel like I would be prone to make a lot of miscommunication with the patients. Also mental health nursing has always scared me lol.
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi i'm thinking of studying children's nursing. I currently do biology, psychology and sociology
Hey Lucy Noon,

I hope you're doing well!

We're so glad to hear that you're thinking of studying Children's Nursing at Oxford Brookes!

You can have a look at the different campuses using the virtual tour function on the website if you haven't already. All the nursing courses are based on our Marston Road campus, so please do have a look at the virtual tours to know more about the teaching spaces and labs.

I'm a final year Biomedical Science student at Brookes, and I would be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the university or student life.

Good luck,
Ash
Last edited by Oxford Brookes University; 3 weeks ago
Lucy Noon
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
1. I'm not good with children/young people (though I am one)
2. For mental health nursing, I just don't think I've got the right qualities for it. I feel like I would be prone to make a lot of miscommunication with the patients. Also mental health nursing has always scared me lol.
lol thats fair enough and for me i was torn between adult and children's but, i quicky realised i wanted to work with children.
what other unis have you looked at for nursing?
Bbubble061
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
lol thats fair enough and for me i was torn between adult and children's but, i quicky realised i wanted to work with children.
what other unis have you looked at for nursing?
Gloucester
UWE
Bangor
City

How about you?
Lucy Noon
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Gloucester
UWE
Bangor
City

How about you?
oxford brookes, birmingham, nottingham
Mina Abdulkerim
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I applied for biological science anyone else..
Bbubble061
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
oxford brookes, birmingham, nottingham
Nice!
Livm3g2109
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Manooka)

I am thinking of doing that course too! I also applied for Business and marketing, marketing and events, media, journalism and publication and Communications, media and culture !! Fingers crossed they reply soon. Have you submitted your application yet?
(Original post by Ten-Ten)
Ten-Ten
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Livm3g2109)
I am thinking of doing that course too! I also applied for Business and marketing, marketing and events, media, journalism and publication and Communications, media and culture !! Fingers crossed they reply soon. Have you submitted your application yet?
oh great, it’s been hard finding people who want to apply for those kinds of courses. I haven’t sent it yet as I want my teachers to change my predicted grades
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (99)
13.32%
I'm not sure (32)
4.31%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (231)
31.09%
I have already dropped out (18)
2.42%
I'm not a current university student (363)
48.86%

Watched Threads