ss10_
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
For anyone who has done a-level economics in the past, is it hard?
JT_888
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by shaddia)
I did A-level Economics (Edexcel A spec) and found it tricky because of the maths involved (I didn't study A-level Maths) and the numerous diagrams that you need to remember how to sketch in an exam. Nonetheless, I managed to get a Grade B through perservering with the subject and doing a tonne of exam practice as well as diagram practice.

My advice would be to stay on top of current affairs and basically make an economic country profile for the UK, another developed country and a developing country - your teacher should be able to help you with this. This comes in handy when you're answering case study questions be it on microeconomics, macroeconomics or both (synoptic paper). Definitely make revision resources as you go along, do a lot of exam practice and practice the basis - the maths skills required in A-level Economics if maths isn't your forte and of course, practice sketching various diagrams and make sure you don't spend ages trying to sketch a random diagram. Hope this helps!
OCorOOC6337
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I'm going into my second year of Edexcel B Economics and have been enjoying it. There are formulas and graphs that need to be remembered but they're usually fairly simple ones; being able to link and develop points is also an essential skill. The content itself is pretty straightforward, so it largely comes down to memorisation and exam technique.
So, overall, I wouldn't say it's too hard.
royalty1702
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ss10_)
I would sat that the content is interesting and not hard but I didn't find the exam technique easy and that led to me not scoring as high as I would have liked to sometimes. It turned out to be the A level I performed the worst in (still got an A though) but I still enjoyed the content which I why I'm taking economics at university.

Overall, it's not the hardest but the exam technique can be a bit annoying sometimes. I suggest to take it if you are interested in learning about economics.
3arwakhare
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
The subject can be hard to grasp an understanding of, but once you have got the basic theory as well as mastered exam technique, it is easy from then onwards I would say that the exam technique is the hardest bit, but you need to keep practicing essay style questions to perfect it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (79)
13.57%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (11)
1.89%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (147)
25.26%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (47)
8.08%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (280)
48.11%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed