The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by barry24
Human
Section A) Globalisation :
4) Explain how differential access to markets affects economic growth
6) Data analysis for a graph showing GDP and % of population approving globalisation
6) Using the figure and your own knowledge, evaluate if tourism is a threat to Antarctica
20) The United Nations (UN) has been working towards global growth and stability, but TNC's have been more effective. To what extent do you agree with this statement?

Section B) Changing Places :
4) Explain how geospatial data can be used to show sense of place
6) Analyse data from a figure showing crime rates in Cardiff, and a figure showing data collected from people in diff parts of Cardiff on if they think people feel safe in that area
6) Using the figure and your own knowledge, assess how attempts to change the meaning of a place have been effective
20) Features of globalisation have meant extreme benefits for the area, refer to your distant place of study and critically analyse the statement

Section C) Resource security :
4) Explain how an Environmental Impact Assessment can be used to ensure resource sustainability
6) Analyse data showing different areas of rock and the type of mining carried out there
9) With reference to the figure and your own knowledge, assess how Imported Energy is important for energy supply in Europe
9) Evaluate how climate and geology are important in water supply
20) Environmental impacts from ore extraction will always be more damaging than impacts from water supply, with reference to an extraction scheme and also a water supply scheme, to what extent do you agree with this view?

All the best, this isn't word for word but I think it's fairly close, if anyone can remember more accurately just ping me and I'll edit it

Ik this is a bit of a push but do you remember anything on water and carbon, or coasts. Thank you so much anyway
Original post by RayyanT
Omg thank you so much

No worries hope that helps
Original post by RayyanT
Ik this is a bit of a push but do you remember anything on water and carbon, or coasts. Thank you so much anyway

I don't actually do coasts, but for water and carbon the 25 marker was
: Evaluate the impacts of farming practices on the carbon budget (25)
Original post by RayyanT

And for hazards the 9 markers were
(9) Seismic hazards off shore cause worse impacts than those inland, assess
(9) Hurricane question with a data insert showing path of hurricane and some impacts on coastline
(25) The effects from Storm hazards are much worse than that from fire hazards, to what extent do you agree?
Reply 44
the human paper was awful?? the 20 marker for global systems and gov was horrible?
Original post by Lgm1806
the human paper was awful?? the 20 marker for global systems and gov was horrible?

on the UN and tncs?
Reply 46
Original post by barry24
on the UN and tncs?

yeah i honestly had no idea what to write, i wrote about the sustainable development goals and outsourcing and offshoring but i don’t even know if that’s right?
Original post by Lgm1806
yeah i honestly had no idea what to write, i wrote about the sustainable development goals and outsourcing and offshoring but i don’t even know if that’s right?

Not bad points at all, the question mainly asked for impact on growth and stability so I wrote about the UN international monetary fund and world bank, and the help they can give developing countries, then mentioned the paris climate agreement and then spoke about the impact of Apple FDI on China
Reply 48
Original post by barry24
Not bad points at all, the question mainly asked for impact on growth and stability so I wrote about the UN international monetary fund and world bank, and the help they can give developing countries, then mentioned the paris climate agreement and then spoke about the impact of Apple FDI on China

wow okay you seem v smart hahhaa
Original post by Lgm1806
wow okay you seem v smart hahhaa

Thank you, I would have included points on the sustainable development goals had I had time. They'll likely credit any knowledge on any implementation of policies or agreements, as for the impact of TNCs it can either be viewed as the overall impact or specific
Please could someone write a list of the physical and human questions? I would really appreciate it xxxx
Original post by Lucyroe
Please could someone write a list of the physical and human questions? I would really appreciate it xxxx

Human
6) Data analysis for a graph showing GDP and % of population approving globalisation
6) Using the figure and your own knowledge, evaluate if tourism is a threat to Antarctica
20) The United Nations (UN) has been working towards global growth and stability, but TNC's have been more effective. To what extent do you agree with this statement?

6) Analyse data from a figure showing crime rates in Cardiff, and a figure showing data collected from people in diff parts of Cardiff on if they think people feel safe in that area
6) Using the figure and your own knowledge, assess how attempts to change the meaning of a place have been effective
20) Features of globalisation have meant extreme benefits for the area, refer to your distant place of study and critically analyse the statement

4) Explain how an Environmental Impact Assessment can be used to ensure resource sustainability
6) Analyse data showing different areas of rock and the type of mining carried out there
9) With reference to the figure and your own knowledge, assess how Imported Energy is important for energy supply in Europe
20) Environmental impacts from ore extraction will always be more damaging than impacts from water supply, with reference to an extraction scheme and also a water supply scheme, to what extent do you agree with this view?

All the best, this isn't word for word but It's near
Original post by barry24
Human

All the best, this isn't word for word but It's near

Legend!! Thank you!!! Do you remeber physical?
Original post by Lucyroe
Legend!! Thank you!!! Do you remeber physical?

I don't sorry, if you look through the chat log from the day there may be some help with the questions as i think I wrote some down then, hope it helps
Ok hi people my cag for geo was a C and need an A. I’m sitting it in the summer so have surplus time. I’m only sitting one btw cos I have 2A’s already. All you guys must have had very little time so if u had more time how would u have approached geo to guarantee that A. Basically how would u suggest I revise geo from now till the summer, my nea was 40/60 btw so yh not the best.
Original post by Lgm1806
all my responses for that paper were so messy and unstructured tbh. And with the hazard 20 marker i basically only spoke about the australian wildfires in 2019 and nothing else oops

hi what was the hazards 20 marker? thanks
Original post by barry24
I don't actually do coasts, but for water and carbon the 25 marker was
: Evaluate the impacts of farming practices on the carbon budget (25)

Dont you mean 20 markers? For AQA?
Yo
What came up in Water and carbon and hazards population and environment
hi do you know the coasts 20 marker

Latest

Trending

Trending