The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Official University of York 2021 applicant thread

:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to the University York for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Scroll to see replies

Finally!!! A York thread!

I realllllly want to apply to the theatre course at York!
I’m studying theatre studies, french and maths but I’m a bit worried that my drama grade won’t be very good due to the coursework being a bit all over the place at the moment
University of York
York
I'm applying for psychology at York, and I'm currently doing psychology, maths, and English literature alevels!
Reply 3
I'm applying for maths&economics, and I currently do maths, further maths, politics, and economics
I am applying to study English Lit as a semi mature student (22) and currently studying, well, English Lit A level.
I previously attended UoY to study Physics and also have A levels in Physics, Maths, Further Maths and Chemistry - dropped out because of medical reasons in Jan 2018.
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi,

I’m applying for Biomedical Sciences and can’t wait!

I currently study biology maths and chemistry at A Level.

I’m thinking of applying for accommodation at the Halifax college.
Reply 6
Hi I am also gonna apply for the psychology course, I am currently taking psychology, biology and religious studies for a-levels
Hi :smile: I'm applying for Philosophy with Linguistics and Linguistics on its own. Currently I study English Lit, Philosophy and Psychology
hi! I might apply for english or english and linguistics! I'm a post a level applicant 😀 a*a*a* in english literature, history, english language
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 9
Hi! Thinking of applying for Film and Tv production, currently studying Drama, English & History (+ I already have a D* in media from doing the course in year 11-12) :smile:
Hello! I’m applying for Bsc Environmental Sciences and I’m currently studying geography, biology and English lit for a-level! :smile:
Reply 11
Hi!

I'm applying for history

I'm studying History, Classical Civilisation and Art for A-Levels

Already sent my application off to UCAS and so now its the painful wait for me, wish me luck...
--
(edited 3 years ago)
Applying for politics and international relations and I currently study politics, history and geography
I'm applying for psychology, and study biology, maths and psych for my A levels
Original post by maniccrammer
I'm applying for psychology, and study biology, maths and psych for my A levels

Hi I am also doing psychology, is York going to be one of your firms?
Original post by Freyab19
Hi I am also doing psychology, is York going to be one of your firms?

Hey! More than likely going to be yes, it’s the only one of my choices where I’ve actually been to the city so I know I like it, and the grades are a bit easier to reach than some of my other choices aha, how about you?
Original post by maniccrammer
Hey! More than likely going to be yes, it’s the only one of my choices where I’ve actually been to the city so I know I like it, and the grades are a bit easier to reach than some of my other choices aha, how about you?

Yep, this will probably be my firm. I haven't been able to go there because of Covid-19 but it looks good online. It is one of my higher grades but I hope to go there. Where else are you applying?
Original post by Freyab19
Yep, this will probably be my firm. I haven't been able to go there because of Covid-19 but it looks good online. It is one of my higher grades but I hope to go there. Where else are you applying?

My other choices are Cambridge, Exeter, Bath and Bristol, so it’s a really tough decision! How about you?
I received an offer to study Human Geography and the Environment today! :smile:
Predicted A*A*A geography economics and english with an A* in epq

Quick Reply

Latest