The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Official University of York 2021 applicant thread

Scroll to see replies

Anyone know about contextual offers? It says my postcode is eligible. I want to do english/linguistics and the normal offer is AAB and I got ABC last year (B in English). Does anyone know if I have a chance??
University of York
York
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone know about contextual offers? It says my postcode is eligible. I want to do english/linguistics and the normal offer is AAB and I got ABC last year (B in English). Does anyone know if I have a chance??

Yes do it! I do English/Linguistics and got ABC on results day. Apply for it/ firm it, the course is so great (even if I am slightly biased)! :woo:
Happy to answer any questions you may have too :yes:
Original post by kme02
Anyone else applying for Business of the Creative Industries :smile:
Got an interview next week

Hey! I did an interview for Business of the Creative Industries on Wednesday! How did yours go? Did you receive an offer? I got an offer on Friday :smile:
Original post by barror1
Yes do it! I do English/Linguistics and got ABC on results day. Apply for it/ firm it, the course is so great (even if I am slightly biased)! :woo:
Happy to answer any questions you may have too :yes:

Ah thank you! Yes I am going to apply. Just got to get my personal statement together. Can I ask of your found lecturers approachable and kind and the uni nice to live at? I would be quite far from home if I got there.
Original post by Anonymous
Ah thank you! Yes I am going to apply. Just got to get my personal statement together. Can I ask of your found lecturers approachable and kind and the uni nice to live at? I would be quite far from home if I got there.

Aha yeah everyone is lovely in my experience! I moved around 200 miles to come to York from the south coast and had no issues settling in, it's all-around good vibes imo :biggrin:
Reply 185
Original post by abbbbbb.
Hi! I am applying for business and management at York. But also applying to marketing and management at other universities. Currently studying: Media studies, economics, geography + EPQ. Predicted A*AB.

Applying to: Leeds, Loughborough and Sussex as well. Please message me if you are applying to similar courses :smile:

EDIT- got an offer shortly after I posted this. (BBB- contextual)

hi! i got an offer for marketing at york and i currently study philosophy & ethics, media and food science, i’ve also applied to sussex <3
Original post by mothgf
hi! i got an offer for marketing at york and i currently study philosophy & ethics, media and food science, i’ve also applied to sussex <3

Congratulations :smile: Which university do you think you'll firm or insure?
Has anyone been to visit York?
Original post by Tashax2
Has anyone been to visit York?

I have yes!
Original post by maisiex10x
I have yes!

What’s it like? I heard it’s very pretty ? Did it seem a bit boring as I’m worried about that
Original post by Tashax2
What’s it like? I heard it’s very pretty ? Did it seem a bit boring as I’m worried about that

It's a great place for independent business and you will always be able to find something if you look! It really depends what you like- York is an amazing and beautiful city but it obviously isn't as urban as somewhere such as Leeds or Manchester :smile:
Reply 191
Original post by abbbbbb.
Congratulations :smile: Which university do you think you'll firm or insure?

I really want to firm york and have sussex as my insurance!
Reply 192
Original post by tommccrorie
Hey! I did an interview for Business of the Creative Industries on Wednesday! How did yours go? Did you receive an offer? I got an offer on Friday :smile:

Hi! I had mine Wednesday and got the offer Friday too :smile:
Is this your firm choice?
How long did it take for everyone to get an offer ?
My ucas went off on 2nd December and I got my offer today!
Original post by Tashax2
How long did it take for everyone to get an offer ?
Original post by RosieC-W
My ucas went off on 2nd December and I got my offer today!

What did you apply for and what are your grades? I applied on the 1st so hopefully I hear something soon
Original post by Tashax2
What did you apply for and what are your grades? I applied on the 1st so hopefully I hear something soon

Social policy w/ BBB. Wbu?
GUYSSSS I GOT INTO YORK UNI, I’m so fudging excited it’s my dream uni, my offer is also a lot lower than expected, tbh I’m buzzing
Original post by RosieC-W
Social policy w/ BBB. Wbu?

Well done !! Where else have you applied to ? And what a levels do you take ? Business management I need AAB and I’m predicted that I also applied for the access scheme
Original post by Tashax2
Well done !! Where else have you applied to ? And what a levels do you take ? Business management I need AAB and I’m predicted that I also applied for the access scheme

I take geography (bit annoyed that I got predicted a b cause I get As 😒), biology and religious studies. I’ve applied to Birmingham, Leeds, Swansea and Lincoln(my only other offer). What are your thoughts on York atm?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending