The 2020 Election Could lead to-

Watch
anime<3gaming
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Burridge)
In what way has he shattered the Clinton family? You mean he’s ruthlessly pursued the Clinton’s, his political opponents, in the same way he went after Obama. Trump holds Obama in such a low regard that apparently he has broken a 40-year old tradition to hang the ex-Presidents portrait in the Whitehouse. He’s petty and childish, nothing more - he will go after you if you disagree with him: just look at how he’s aggressively gone after every one of his former aides that have turned against him and have exposed his wretched attitude. Trump has donated over $100,000 to the Clinton Foundation, which I believe was cleared of most of the wrong-doing allegations just last year. Trump has a personal vendetta against Clinton, that’s his motive in pursuing the foundation.

He has bloated his administration with former execs, catered for big business and corporate interests (telling rich friends “you all just got a lot richer” at a private function after a passing a corporate tax cut), and has had the office subsidise his luxurious lifestyle (how many golf trips?) on scales never seen before. “Drain the swamp” was a con and Trump has done nothing of the sort. It’s a shame to see people genuinely trying to defend his record on this.

Using YouTube as a reliable source of news has its downfalls as this has demonstrated. You wouldn’t post money through the mail but you would post a cheque (as millions do) - does this perhaps show the shortfalls of your argument ? There is zero, nada, zilch, evidence that mail-in voting poses a risk to the legitimacy of the November election. I’m going to ask you to concede this point unless you can substantiate your claims with some hard facts.

It’s interesting how you speak of how the Democrats will “cheat” and Biden will “play dirty” to win the election. Not only have you refused to comment on Trump floating the idea of postponing the election & laying the foundation for his excuses come November (saying the only way he would lose is if his opponents ‘cheated’), but just today I’ve read about how Trump has had absentee ballot forms posted to houses with his name and face on, something unheard of during a US election cycle. But hey ho, let’s keep floating the idea that it’s the establishment candidates that are playing dirty and will cheat, despite no evidence for this other than a hunch because ‘they have nothing to lose’ (other than, you know, an election).

Russia did interfere in the 2016 Presidential election. I believe the evidence is clear and undeniable. Russia also interfered in the 2016 Brexit referendum and the DNC of the same year. How much of an effect this had on the outcome is something we will never know. I’m not saying that Russia won the election for Trump but attempts to meddle are indisputable at this point.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/16/p...sps/index.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...20-5?r=US&IR=T

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...on-foundation/

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-m...hristmas-trip/
Right mate lets chain it down now because its going to turn into something downward nasty like they all usually do it will go on and on. Remember my original post was about whats happening here could possibly happen in the UK. Thats literally my main concern. Because its so likely to happen. You have anti-capitalists in the UK so if you can get away with it in the US why not the UK as well. We dont have guns to defend ourselves like they do.

But all I can tell you is Hillary losing was a rejection to the status quo. It was the same in UK with Labour and the EU. Its just the majority. No one is insulting you for it so dont take offence (I dont mean you personally ofc) but I remember years ago voting was just something people did and never argued about the other side losing. People just got on with it. But we've had bad and expensive wars, we had the recession, bailing banks out. You had Obama and Mitt Romney. But it was barely any concern to us or even the world. Because they were exactly the same. There was no real opposition or change. So it was 2nd term Obama. Then people actually had a choice with Trump. They didnt have to take it. But people in the US know how tainted the Clinton family are. You had a former president as Clinton and he had to walk out early because of either WaterGate or he cheated on his First Lady. (cant remember which) and as for Hillary I think a lot of people still cant let go on the Bangazhi event. And you had Hillary talking about intensifying war in Syria and calling those who voted Trump deplorable. Just...y'know. Its not a good look lol And Im sure Trump's full of it too but people made their choices. Its the same with Leaving the EU. The question was simple. Should we leave or remain. The majority was leave. And we still havent left despite it being nearly five years. Its a disgrace. And people voted with their hearts and minds. Not some strange Russian interference. In fact I would say Russia would meddle in order to keep us in because it makes us a weaker country. It keeps us tied to another country, politically. People dont vote based on what some Russian adspace on the internet they say. Most people would have put a lot of thought into it. And its their right. Its your right too.

This is what the digital information age can do. They get so exposed to the rhetoric and ideas they like and DISLIKE. So they retreat to the ones they like so they can feel they are a majority. But when the real thing comes down to it, i.e brexit or Trump. Do we have to start hating our fellowman for it. I favoured Trump and Leaving the EU. But that doesnt make me a c**t. I like to discuss with people like you. But I can slowly tell your getting a bit 'heated'. Dont reply. I wont assume you was in the wrong. I'll never assume you was in the wrong. We're just 2 sides of the same coin
anarchism101
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by anime<3gaming)
But people in the US know how tainted the Clinton family are. You had a former president as Clinton and he had to walk out early because of either WaterGate or he cheated on his First Lady. (cant remember which) and as for Hillary I think a lot of people still cant let go on the Bangazhi event.
OK, everyone, stop feeding the troll. I really can't believe a sincere person claiming to be closely interested by an American political event could be so incredibly uninformed on well-known modern events in American politics.
Burridge
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Right mate lets chain it down now because its going to turn into something downward nasty like they all usually do it will go on and on. Remember my original post was about whats happening here could possibly happen in the UK. Thats literally my main concern. Because its so likely to happen. You have anti-capitalists in the UK so if you can get away with it in the US why not the UK as well. We dont have guns to defend ourselves like they do.

But all I can tell you is Hillary losing was a rejection to the status quo. It was the same in UK with Labour and the EU. Its just the majority. No one is insulting you for it so dont take offence (I dont mean you personally ofc) but I remember years ago voting was just something people did and never argued about the other side losing. People just got on with it. But we've had bad and expensive wars, we had the recession, bailing banks out. You had Obama and Mitt Romney. But it was barely any concern to us or even the world. Because they were exactly the same. There was no real opposition or change. So it was 2nd term Obama. Then people actually had a choice with Trump. They didnt have to take it. But people in the US know how tainted the Clinton family are. You had a former president as Clinton and he had to walk out early because of either WaterGate or he cheated on his First Lady. (cant remember which) and as for Hillary I think a lot of people still cant let go on the Bangazhi event. And you had Hillary talking about intensifying war in Syria and calling those who voted Trump deplorable. Just...y'know. Its not a good look lol And Im sure Trump's full of it too but people made their choices. Its the same with Leaving the EU. The question was simple. Should we leave or remain. The majority was leave. And we still havent left despite it being nearly five years. Its a disgrace. And people voted with their hearts and minds. Not some strange Russian interference. In fact I would say Russia would meddle in order to keep us in because it makes us a weaker country. It keeps us tied to another country, politically. People dont vote based on what some Russian adspace on the internet they say. Most people would have put a lot of thought into it. And its their right. Its your right too.

This is what the digital information age can do. They get so exposed to the rhetoric and ideas they like and DISLIKE. So they retreat to the ones they like so they can feel they are a majority. But when the real thing comes down to it, i.e brexit or Trump. Do we have to start hating our fellowman for it. I favoured Trump and Leaving the EU. But that doesnt make me a c**t. I like to discuss with people like you. But I can slowly tell your getting a bit 'heated'. Dont reply. I wont assume you was in the wrong. I'll never assume you was in the wrong. We're just 2 sides of the same coin
Sorry, what was it I said that gave you the impression I’m getting wound up and/or this conversation is going to turn sour? I provided a pretty firm rebuttal of some of the things you said, nothing more.

I know what your original post was about but we diverted the conversation pretty quickly and have been interacting about a range of topics and issues since & I’d been enjoying the conversation, but hey ho :shot:
anime<3gaming
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Burridge)
Sorry, what was it I said that gave you the impression I’m getting wound up and/or this conversation is going to turn sour? I provided a pretty firm rebuttal of some of the things you said, nothing more.

I know what your original post was about but we diverted the conversation pretty quickly and have been interacting about a range of topics and issues since & I’d been enjoying the conversation, but hey ho :shot:
Sorry I guess when I read your posts in my head it sounds like you was getting agitated and demanding evidence to back up my claims. The truth is I have no on-demand evidence because its things I've read and watched that have accumulated over the years. I think most of it can come down what Mainstream media say. If the BBC (for e.g) told me NOT to vote for this party, then I would vote for. Because you tend to see its a familar trend. Most of the media was biased against leaving the EU. By my judgement %80 articles they did was Pro-remain. They did the same with Le'Pen, Wilders, Trump, Boris etc. And when they try to politically assassinate a person I know its because its their interests at heart and not mine or even yours. You saw the perfect example of it during the Cummings travel thing. They wanted him out. They didnt care what he did just so long as it was something they could weaponize to get him sacked. And low and behold it was because the Civil Service wanted him gone. Also because he was the main adviser for leaving the EU, something our media (or most of it) is against.

Now as for the US. I'm not trying to throw this in your face. But you are going to see a Trump landslide. Even the people who may hate him for whatever reason they will vote for best for their own safety. And the democrats dont have safety in mind. Most of the rioting is in democrat held states. The people who dont care for politics have long moved on. They've moved out and had to sell the house for pennies because theres no demand and the states are essentially bankrupted due to the rioting and the pandemic. Trump has on numerous times stated he is on the ready should the mayors ask for help but they have shunned him. The democrats have already taken the knee to BLM. Thats showing political submission. And its not even supported by the majority or even black Americans. They dont want to defund the police. I just want you to put yourself in a normal working family's shoes. You just want to work and look after your family. But if you are in a state where your mayor is not protecting your community your going to vote against them. I'd certainly do same. The majority of rioters are a mix of thugs with criminal records and the same kids who rioted when Trump was inaugurated. They could not face the fact that they lost so they went on a rampage. I want you to at least look into Maoist China which dates back 1930's - 40's. Judging by the footage I think its based on that generation. But what you see back then is exactly whats happening in America now. A lot of these kids seem to want communism for some reason and will shout you down till you submit. Struggle Session is what Cancel Culture is. Its just an updated form. And its happening is the UK. Destroying statues from the old society and replacing it with new ones that reflect the 'current society'. They talk about renaming streets. Thats exactly what Iran did. And its NOT popular in the majority. And it never will be. Because more people are aware and some have been forced to see it especially in America today. Its everything Biden will endorse and everything Trump is against. So I reckon it will be a Trump landslide. And if he loses I suspect foul play from the democrats. Because Biden cannot govern. He cant speak for himself anymore. Just yesterday he proved he needs his answers ready for him because he held up a photo-frame against a webcam and the reflection showed you the teleprompter right in front of him. Trump may be old but he is seriously outworking Biden. Trumps out campagining, doing interviews, taking hardball questions and brokering a peace-deal, handling the pandemic. Biden is just sleeping. Thats why they've recently nicknamed him Basement Biden.

But anyway..whether this means ought to you. I'm glad I can at least take it off my chest. I just wish others could at least listen without someone calling me a racist lol
Oshmit
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Sorry I guess when I read your posts in my head it sounds like you was getting agitated and demanding evidence to back up my claims. The truth is I have no on-demand evidence because its things I've read and watched that have accumulated over the years. I think most of it can come down what Mainstream media say. If the BBC (for e.g) told me NOT to vote for this party, then I would vote for. Because you tend to see its a familar trend. Most of the media was biased against leaving the EU. By my judgement %80 articles they did was Pro-remain. They did the same with Le'Pen, Wilders, Trump, Boris etc. And when they try to politically assassinate a person I know its because its their interests at heart and not mine or even yours. You saw the perfect example of it during the Cummings travel thing. They wanted him out. They didnt care what he did just so long as it was something they could weaponize to get him sacked. And low and behold it was because the Civil Service wanted him gone. Also because he was the main adviser for leaving the EU, something our media (or most of it) is against.

Now as for the US. I'm not trying to throw this in your face. But you are going to see a Trump landslide. Even the people who may hate him for whatever reason they will vote for best for their own safety. And the democrats dont have safety in mind. Most of the rioting is in democrat held states. The people who dont care for politics have long moved on. They've moved out and had to sell the house for pennies because theres no demand and the states are essentially bankrupted due to the rioting and the pandemic. Trump has on numerous times stated he is on the ready should the mayors ask for help but they have shunned him. The democrats have already taken the knee to BLM. Thats showing political submission. And its not even supported by the majority or even black Americans. They dont want to defund the police. I just want you to put yourself in a normal working family's shoes. You just want to work and look after your family. But if you are in a state where your mayor is not protecting your community your going to vote against them. I'd certainly do same. The majority of rioters are a mix of thugs with criminal records and the same kids who rioted when Trump was inaugurated. They could not face the fact that they lost so they went on a rampage. I want you to at least look into Maoist China which dates back 1930's - 40's. Judging by the footage I think its based on that generation. But what you see back then is exactly whats happening in America now. A lot of these kids seem to want communism for some reason and will shout you down till you submit. Struggle Session is what Cancel Culture is. Its just an updated form. And its happening is the UK. Destroying statues from the old society and replacing it with new ones that reflect the 'current society'. They talk about renaming streets. Thats exactly what Iran did. And its NOT popular in the majority. And it never will be. Because more people are aware and some have been forced to see it especially in America today. Its everything Biden will endorse and everything Trump is against. So I reckon it will be a Trump landslide. And if he loses I suspect foul play from the democrats. Because Biden cannot govern. He cant speak for himself anymore. Just yesterday he proved he needs his answers ready for him because he held up a photo-frame against a webcam and the reflection showed you the teleprompter right in front of him. Trump may be old but he is seriously outworking Biden. Trumps out campagining, doing interviews, taking hardball questions and brokering a peace-deal, handling the pandemic. Biden is just sleeping. Thats why they've recently nicknamed him Basement Biden.

But anyway..whether this means ought to you. I'm glad I can at least take it off my chest. I just wish others could at least listen without someone calling me a racist lol
Regardless of all your other opinions on the great President who has destroyed the American state in the name of Conservatism, at the moment I would only like to contest the following point you made:
"But you are going to see a Trump landslide"
Unfortunately, as much as you may believe that, it is manifestly false. The last republican candidate to win in a 'landslide' (with just under 6 out of every 10 votes cast and 525/538 electoral votes) was president Ronald Reagan in 1984. I wouldn't consider President George Bush's 1988 victory a landslide because the bar for that is usually set at 55% of votes. You could also argue that the last Democratic candidate to win in a 'landslide' was President Johnson, more than 2 generations ago. but at the moment I digress,. Even republican strategists know that they will lose the popular vote. I point you towards the following New York Times Article: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/08/o...ump-biden.html
The only reason President Trump can even expect a fighting chance at winning the election is because of the electoral college, and the advantages it hands to Republicans because they only have to win a plurality in several pivotal, mostly majority-white states (Florida is the only exception to this rule). MiWiPa and NC are all majority white and all the President needs to do is get enough white voters to win a plurality, since states except ME and NE assign their electoral votes on a winner-take-all basis.
You could believe his own, again manifestly false statements on the electoral outcome or trust the statisticians (who are in no way electoral experts - given that I presume you would be skeptical of the 'experts')

Bottom Line - the president will not win a landslide. I would swear to that in any Court, even the Supreme one whose makeup he switched with the aid of Senator McConnell. Only the electoral college and breakdowns in Dem turnout can save him. I would advise you to receive the vast majority of news from reputable sources, but fox news now stretches the boundaries of reputability, so I digress.
anime<3gaming
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Oshmit)
Regardless of all your other opinions on the great President who has destroyed the American state in the name of Conservatism, at the moment I would only like to contest the following point you made:
"But you are going to see a Trump landslide"
Unfortunately, as much as you may believe that, it is manifestly false. The last republican candidate to win in a 'landslide' (with just under 6 out of every 10 votes cast and 525/538 electoral votes) was president Ronald Reagan in 1984. I wouldn't consider President George Bush's 1988 victory a landslide because the bar for that is usually set at 55% of votes. You could also argue that the last Democratic candidate to win in a 'landslide' was President Johnson, more than 2 generations ago. but at the moment I digress,. Even republican strategists know that they will lose the popular vote. I point you towards the following New York Times Article: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/08/o...ump-biden.html
The only reason President Trump can even expect a fighting chance at winning the election is because of the electoral college, and the advantages it hands to Republicans because they only have to win a plurality in several pivotal, mostly majority-white states (Florida is the only exception to this rule). MiWiPa and NC are all majority white and all the President needs to do is get enough white voters to win a plurality, since states except ME and NE assign their electoral votes on a winner-take-all basis.
You could believe his own, again manifestly false statements on the electoral outcome or trust the statisticians (who are in no way electoral experts - given that I presume you would be skeptical of the 'experts')

Bottom Line - the president will not win a landslide. I would swear to that in any Court, even the Supreme one whose makeup he switched with the aid of Senator McConnell. Only the electoral college and breakdowns in Dem turnout can save him. I would advise you to receive the vast majority of news from reputable sources, but fox news now stretches the boundaries of reputability, so I digress.
Quite informative actually. Hows about you answer me this. I want you to believe we live in America. Whatever state. And we're decent friends. If you was voting dems and I was a swing voter (as they'd call it?) How would you convince me to vote Dems. Without mentioning Trump is possible. This would be about what the dems could offer me in the future, something to give me assurance and security. Something that may do good for my community or a state as a whole. How would you do this?
Oshmit
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Quite informative actually. Hows about you answer me this. I want you to believe we live in America. Whatever state. And we're decent friends. If you was voting dems and I was a swing voter (as they'd call it?) How would you convince me to vote Dems. Without mentioning Trump is possible. This would be about what the dems could offer me in the future, something to give me assurance and security. Something that may do good for my community or a state as a whole. How would you do this?
Climate Change - Environmental regulations set up under president obama's tenure and that of President carter have been rolled back in the last four years. Now this is obviously not the sole reason, but you do see the annual fires on the west coast, and the president saying that it will magically 'get cooler, you just watch'. Only the democrats can mitigate the risk of climate change, and take whatever steps necessary to prevent your home being flooded on the gulf coast, and burnt on the west coast.

But more importantly, and this is the principal reason credited with sending Speaker Pelosi into the speaker's chair 2 years ago is healthcare. For a decade, republicans have been clamouring to repeal the affordable care act, but have come up with no viable solution. Especially on the contentious issue of coverage for pre-existing conditions. It required the vote of senator John McCain to protect the Affordable Care Act. Only the democrats can protect and reinforce your healthcare coverage. Republicans only want to take away the coverage of one-tenth of America.

There you go, 2 very good reasons to vote democratic.
anime<3gaming
Rep:
?
(Original post by Oshmit)
Climate Change - Environmental regulations set up under president obama's tenure and that of President carter have been rolled back in the last four years. Now this is obviously not the sole reason, but you do see the annual fires on the west coast, and the president saying that it will magically 'get cooler, you just watch'. Only the democrats can mitigate the risk of climate change, and take whatever steps necessary to prevent your home being flooded on the gulf coast, and burnt on the west coast.

But more importantly, and this is the principal reason credited with sending Speaker Pelosi into the speaker's chair 2 years ago is healthcare. For a decade, republicans have been clamouring to repeal the affordable care act, but have come up with no viable solution. Especially on the contentious issue of coverage for pre-existing conditions. It required the vote of senator John McCain to protect the Affordable Care Act. Only the democrats can protect and reinforce your healthcare coverage. Republicans only want to take away the coverage of one-tenth of America.

There you go, 2 very good reasons to vote democratic.
Okay mate. Im not trying to rubbish your beliefs on this but Climate Change just seems very outdated and just seems like a tax-trick these days. Dont get me wrong I genuinely want to take part in that but only what I can do to the best of my abilities i.e I clean and pick up rubbish. But when I see these wacko climate activists that just want to cause chaos of people who want to live & work. Instead of 'calling upon' the government to do something why cant they do good with their numbers that they got. I'd really like to take part in cleaning rubbish in woodland areas. Thats looking after the planet isn't it? Not on a grand scale of things but instead of causing massive hold-ups which create congestion and increase fumes why cant they just pit together and clean. I think that would spur others to join too. Another thing is these kinds of operations, shutting down mines and fracking etc will lead to a more expensive alternative and it also creates job loss on those areas. I think thats why Trump won in the Rust Belt section because all that had were these jobs that Obama shut down (and possibly previous presidents) if your in a community that relies on those jobs then whats left? But can you genuinely fight it. Earth is Earth. Its always been changing. Funnily enough I watched a long video about when the earth was just water and that water changing colours due to the atmosphere, ice age, the age when fungi and algae appeared. Just mad stuff

To be frank mate I'm not good with health-care. I just know its something you pay for in the US. But I think in comparision theres is probably better than ours. I think ours is outdated and see no reason to keep spending billions of the NHS per year. Its also showing its bad side during this pandemic. Testing system is just full of mistakes and flaws. Its hard for me to judge another countries healthcare system when ours isnt even that great globally. I think even Slovakia has better healthcare than us. Canada and Japan supposedly has the best health-care. But as for the US...I really have no rebuttal for you there.

But I think given the situation its not enough to vote democrat. Simply because they dont seem to have future policies to combat modern issues. Democrats have already taken the knee. Its either pandering or submission. Also whats with this Harris-Biden thing thats come into play? Surely its yet another slip up or is that actually legit.?
Oshmit
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Okay mate. Im not trying to rubbish your beliefs on this but Climate Change just seems very outdated and just seems like a tax-trick these days. Dont get me wrong I genuinely want to take part in that but only what I can do to the best of my abilities i.e I clean and pick up rubbish. But when I see these wacko climate activists that just want to cause chaos of people who want to live & work. Instead of 'calling upon' the government to do something why cant they do good with their numbers that they got. I'd really like to take part in cleaning rubbish in woodland areas. Thats looking after the planet isn't it? Not on a grand scale of things but instead of causing massive hold-ups which create congestion and increase fumes why cant they just pit together and clean. I think that would spur others to join too. Another thing is these kinds of operations, shutting down mines and fracking etc will lead to a more expensive alternative and it also creates job loss on those areas. I think thats why Trump won in the Rust Belt section because all that had were these jobs that Obama shut down (and possibly previous presidents) if your in a community that relies on those jobs then whats left? But can you genuinely fight it. Earth is Earth. Its always been changing. Funnily enough I watched a long video about when the earth was just water and that water changing colours due to the atmosphere, ice age, the age when fungi and algae appeared. Just mad stuff

To be frank mate I'm not good with health-care. I just know its something you pay for in the US. But I think in comparision theres is probably better than ours. I think ours is outdated and see no reason to keep spending billions of the NHS per year. Its also showing its bad side during this pandemic. Testing system is just full of mistakes and flaws. Its hard for me to judge another countries healthcare system when ours isnt even that great globally. I think even Slovakia has better healthcare than us. Canada and Japan supposedly has the best health-care. But as for the US...I really have no rebuttal for you there.

But I think given the situation its not enough to vote democrat. Simply because they dont seem to have future policies to combat modern issues. Democrats have already taken the knee. Its either pandering or submission. Also whats with this Harris-Biden thing thats come into play? Surely its yet another slip up or is that actually legit.?
Your beliefs at this point may lean towards climate change-skepticism, however if you live in Madras,OR, Modoc,CA, Pensacola, FL, Mobile, AL or Lake Charles,LA (The last three being conservative, republican-voting areas - FL-1, AL-1, LA-3). Climate change is very real and literally in your home. You're either on the bus (electric bus of course!) or off it. You seem to be pandering towards stepping off again. For 3 million years, CO2 levels have been below 400 ppm. Humans evolved only 200000 years ago. From the federal government's website: "The annual rate of increase in atmospheric carbon dioxide over the past 60 years is about 100 times faster than previous natural increases, such as those that occurred at the end of the last ice age 11,000-17,000 years ago.". I could go on and on. If you aren;t willing to change your lifestyle, then future generations won;t have an Earth to call home.If we could clean the air, then it should be a fundamental duty to clean it, but Science hasn;t gotten us that far yet so we only have common sense to fall back upon, which in this case calls upon us to cut off the root of the problem (rising emissions). As for climate extremists, there are fringe activists on both sides of the political divide. If QANon rallies can be held to disrupt life, then surely climate rallies can be held at the same time. It's only fair that way.

What exactly is the more expensive alternative to petroleum consumption I ask? Living on Mars once Earth has become an overheated wasteland, unfit for human life? As for President Trump's rust belt 'win'. I would refrain from classifying it as such, technically win though it may be. In MiWiPa, dem turnout was low, and the green and libertarian votes were about 10 times as high as the President;s margin of victory. You could say a win is a win (and call me a democratic apologist), but was president Bush's 537-vote victory a win? I would refrain from classifying it as such in the same manner as President Trump's 'win'.

American Healthcare is only better than British in the sense that it is not state-administered (except when healthcare is state-run. That;s federalism for you. It might surprise you, but the federal government also runs health systems, because it is required by treaty to do so). So healthcare is something you pay for, but what about when you can;t pay and can;t get it through work (as the affordable care act mandates for certain employers?). You have no healthcare. In such a case, socialised healthcare is better than no healthcare. As you yourself said, you have no rebuttal.

If you were an American voter, you would, of course, be entitles to your own opinion. But the democratic party isn;t a monolith. I point you towards the following New York Times Article: Here it is. As for taking the knee, I fail to understand what your issue with that is. Would you rather they behave like some other famous democrats, famous for the wrong reasons, such as Jefferson Davis, Richard Russell, and James Eastland? They are submitting to racial equality, something the Republicans have always championed, and which Senate Majority Leader McConnell has himself endorsed. Regarding future policies, atleast they have some, or you would prefer to vote ' enthusiastically for the America-first agenda of President Trump', which is the official platform of the Republicans.

Vice President Biden was nominated by his party, following the party procedure and rules. Senator Harris was nominated by her party, without competition, and again following the party procedure and rules.I would presume that that is a legitimate occurrence, as I assume you mean by the term 'legit'.
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
. You had a former president as Clinton and he had to walk out early because of either WaterGate or he cheated on his First Lady.

Errr lol what? :lol:

And we still havent left despite it being nearly five years. Its a disgrace.
Yes we have...
And people voted with their hearts and minds. Not some strange Russian interference. In fact I would say Russia would meddle in order to keep us in because it makes us a weaker country. It keeps us tied to another country, politically. People dont vote based on what some Russian adspace on the internet they say. Most people would have put a lot of thought into it. And its their right. Its your right too.
What makes you think that alleged interference had no sway on people?
[/quote]
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Trump will win is my prediction
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by paul514)
Trump will win is my prediction
I'd be willing to put money on him refusing to leave office either way :lol:
anime<3gaming
Rep:
?
(Original post by Napp)
Errr lol what? :lol:

Yes we have...

What makes you think that alleged interference had no sway on people?
[/QUOTE]
Bill & Hillary dont exactly like each other you only have to see their body language together and that Bill has slept with a lot of women and without doubt when on the Lolita Express.

No. We are still in the transition phase and still trying to nail down some sort of deal with the EU. But its most definitely a no-deal at this point. Its end of this month or next month we officially leave. Providing our current PM doesnt stab us all in the back again.

can you at all define me 'interference'? When they say possibly 'alleged' foreign interference they dont specify what kind of interference. The only foreign election interference I have so far seen is Obama telling the UK not to vote Leave.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (79)
21.82%
No (283)
78.18%

Watched Threads