Want more information about this university?

Official University of Portsmouth 2021 applicant thread

Watch
Manooka
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to the University of Portsmouth for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>
Last edited by Manooka; 1 month ago
therealscript96
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey! I'm thinking of applying for Portsmouth Uni to do Adult Nursing I'm 24 (soon to be 25) and super excited and equally as nervous. I'm currently doing my Nursing Associate in Devon. Any suggestions on halls and if i should apply for shared ones or a studio one?
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by therealscript96)
Hey! I'm thinking of applying for Portsmouth Uni to do Adult Nursing I'm 24 (soon to be 25) and super excited and equally as nervous. I'm currently doing my Nursing Associate in Devon. Any suggestions on halls and if i should apply for shared ones or a studio one?
Hey therealscript96!

I would say it’s up to you whether you want to be living in halls with other students around 18/19 years old who will probably go out quite a lot! (Unless you want to join in which would also be fine!)
I think the nursing course has a lot of placement hours so you may need to be up early for those but you could always email in to find out how many hours are roughly spent on placement

There’s nice studios in Catherine house - but these can be a bit more pricey around £8000 for the academic year I believe!
And there’s also studios in Rosalind Franklin, trafalgar and Margaret rule
The best thing you could do would be to email the student housing team on [email protected] and ask them the individual prices of each so you can work out which would be best for you!

The downside to living in a studio is that it’s more expensive than living in shared halls but you do get the benefit of it being slightly more quiet!

I hope this helps your decision
Eloise - official student rep
Sihaam267
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
hey, I'm looking at Portsmouth to do para science i don't have any health care related work experience as we didn't do it in year 10 and it got cancelled for us this year also
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey,

I'm looking for some advice, I am applying for psychology in the 2021 series, but I feel my qualifications may be a huge problem, as I only do two A-Levels and a UAL extended diploma (equivalent to 3 A-Levels/ BTEC extended diploma), in which I am predicted a Merit.
In my two A-Levels, I am predicted an A and B.
(I am also eligible for a contextual offer)
I really wanted to apply to Portsmouth, but I know how many people apply here, so do you think it is likely I will not be accepted, given I don't have 3 A-Levels?

I would be really grateful if somebody could give me guidance on this or recommend places I could apply to.
tfpm80
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I am Tom, 35

I have applied for Mental Health Nursing and I am currently studying an 'access course' (Science).

I sent the application off yesterday and I am overjoyed to have gotten that out of the way!

Would love to hear from other mental health nursing applicants or anyone else for that matter!

be good to yourselves everyone.. and have fun.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (51)
16.67%
I'm not sure (8)
2.61%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (105)
34.31%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.31%
I'm not a current university student (138)
45.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise