The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Official University of Portsmouth 2021 applicant thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Anonymous
Is it first come first serve or do they wait till everyone’s applied then do it?

I'm not sure, if i had to guess it would be first come first served. I'm going to get my application done as soon as possible though
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Original post by Taycam
I'm not sure, if i had to guess it would be first come first served. I'm going to get my application done as soon as possible though

Oh no I hope not that doesn’t seem fair some of us are being forced to wait till may for our offers!
Is it first come first serve or do they wait till everyone’s applied then do it?

I was told first come first serve
Original post by Taycam

Hi!

Portsmouth accommodation is not based on a first come first serve basis. Especially, as some are still waiting to hear offers and given clearing etc.
Most people like to get their application done as soon as possible so it one less thing to do and means you start to focus on applying to Student Finance and get other things sorted before you start in September.

I hope this helps!
Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:
On the Facebook group I’ve seen a lot of people saying how Catherine house is already fully booked/sold out? How is this possible since the uni hasn’t released accom yet and how is this fair since some of us haven’t had all our offers back yet so can’t choose firms and therefore accom?

It’s first come first serve but they usually don’t start allocating and sorting out rooms until April (may be postponed because of the initial applications being out late )
It’s first come first serve but they usually don’t start allocating and sorting out rooms until April (may be postponed because of the initial applications being out late )

They just said it’s not first come first serve^
They just said it’s not first come first serve^

Oh sorry, was just trying to pass on information that I’ve been given by the university when I’ve called the accommodation team, but maybe it’s just something they tell people
Oh sorry, was just trying to pass on information that I’ve been given by the university when I’ve called the accommodation team, but maybe it’s just something they tell people

Sorry I didn’t mean to come across rude lol but that’s so strange it seems like unis tell people different things with regards to a number of things!
What’s happened to chaucer accom?!
What’s happened to chaucer accom?!

what do you mean? whats wrong with it
what do you mean? whats wrong with it

It’s not on the ports website anywhere
Can I ask which buildings youre classing as old and which as new? X
Has accom opened yet?
Original post by Aideny13
Has accom opened yet?

Unfortunately not
Hi! I’m Lucy, I’ve just accepted my offer at Portsmouth to study Interior Architecture and Design starting this September!
Hello, I'm Abbie and I just firmed my offer to study Law in September :smile:
Original post by abstar:)
Hello, I'm Abbie and I just firmed my offer to study Law in September :smile:

Hey Abbie!
We look forward to seeing you here at Portsmouth during the next academic year!
I'm a current second year student at UoP. If you have any questions, let me know :smile:
Sian -UoP Rep
Original post by Lucy.Brown10
Hi! I’m Lucy, I’ve just accepted my offer at Portsmouth to study Interior Architecture and Design starting this September!

Hey Lucy,

Congrats on your offer! We look forward to seeing you here at Portsmouth in the next academic year.
I'm a current second year student at UoP, let me know if you have any questions :smile:

Sian- UoP Rep
Has accommodation opened yet?
Original post by holly1602
Has accommodation opened yet?

Yes it has

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending