The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Official Queen's University Belfast 2021 applicant thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xocharl_j
I have applied for Politics and international relations with a year on placement - has anyone else applied for the same? I applied in September and received an offer 2 days later of ABB. I was wondering as a British student is it better to go for Elms B9 or B1 and B2 accommodation? I have heard some saying the problem with B9 is that lots of the NI students go home every weekend so I would like at least 2 others in my flat who would stay the weekends so is it best to go for B1/B2?

Original post by KianAviation
I’m applying for the same course and was thinking the same being a GB student

Hi @xocharl_j and @KianAviation,

I hope you are both keeping safe and well!

There is usually a mixture of NI, GB and international students across all three sites so there will always be people there over the weekends .The main difference between them is location - BT1 and 2 are in the city centre while BT9 is in the leafy suburbs of Belfast.

I've checked with accommodation and they're said that if you are worried about being in an apartment on your own, you can request on your application to be placed with GB students. This is not a guarantee, but if they can take it into consideration when allocating a room then they will.

If you have any questions you can contact the team at [email protected].

Hope this helps a bit! :smile:

Team Queen's
(Kachela)
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Hey, I’m applying for french and international relations and I sent my application off early December. Anyone applying for the same thing and has anyone who sent their application off around the same time as me heard back?
Original post by Milly1612
Hey, I’m applying for french and international relations and I sent my application off early December. Anyone applying for the same thing and has anyone who sent their application off around the same time as me heard back?

Hi, I applied for Law in early December and have not heard back either :rolleyes:
Hey, I just received an invite to audition for the Music Performance degree! Has anyone else applied to one of the music courses?
Reply 84
I have applied for Finance with a year in industry at Queens and have not heard back but I have friends who have all there offers in in my school. I did the Senior Academy and they asked if it was my first choice and I said it wasn't but idk if that's why i haven't heard back yet :frown:
Original post by Henners_
Hey, I just received an invite to audition for the Music Performance degree! Has anyone else applied to one of the music courses?

Hi @Henners_

Congratulations on your audition invite! Wishing you the best of luck for the big performance. :flute:

Team Queen's
(Kachela)
I’m so worried right now! I sent my application off for pharmacy at the start of November and am still waiting (haven’t even had a confirmation email)! This is nerve wracking! Anyone know what the universities are doing about the exams being cancelled???
Original post by Beth.jane.xo
I’m so worried right now! I sent my application off for pharmacy at the start of November and am still waiting (haven’t even had a confirmation email)! This is nerve wracking! Anyone know what the universities are doing about the exams being cancelled???

Postgraduate intake for September 2021?
Some of us have been waiting since October so you aren't the only one!
Reply 88
Original post by weelolo
I have applied for Finance with a year in industry at Queens and have not heard back but I have friends who have all there offers in in my school. I did the Senior Academy and they asked if it was my first choice and I said it wasn't but idk if that's why i haven't heard back yet :frown:

I applied for the same course and I am yet to hear back. Did the friends you speak of apply for the same course or different ones?
Same here! I applied late October and still haven't heard anything back
Reply 90
Hey I’ve applied for the Architecture and Planning degree back in November, has anyone else heard back from them or applied for something similar?
Hi everyone,

So glad you have all applied to Queen's or are looking into it as a uni. As student reps we have lived and studied in Belfast for a while so should hopefully be able to answer any questions you have :smile:.
Good luck with all your studies and hope we see you in Belfast soon !
You can ask us anything if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Team Queen's
Charlotte, Third year, English and History
Reply 92
Original post by rrig
I applied for the same course and I am yet to hear back. Did the friends you speak of apply for the same course or different ones?

Sorry for the late reply! But no i don't believe so, I know one girl who heard back from a business related course but i have all my Ulster offers in already
Any other English and Sociology applicants here? I got rejected from Cambridge yesterday (whoops) so now Belfast is my top choice!!!! I'm from the South East of England and my parents are a bit annoyed I'm going so far away (some may say I am escaping them) but Belfast seems such a nice place to go to uni....
Original post by Queen's University Belfast Student Reps
Hi everyone,

So glad you have all applied to Queen's or are looking into it as a uni. As student reps we have lived and studied in Belfast for a while so should hopefully be able to answer any questions you have :smile:.
Good luck with all your studies and hope we see you in Belfast soon !
You can ask us anything if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Team Queen's
Charlotte, Third year, English and History

thanks, lovely message!
Original post by deaesthe
Any other English and Sociology applicants here? I got rejected from Cambridge yesterday (whoops) so now Belfast is my top choice!!!! I'm from the South East of England and my parents are a bit annoyed I'm going so far away (some may say I am escaping them) but Belfast seems such a nice place to go to uni....

heyo, i applied for just english but it's sort of similar. I'm (kind of) from the south east as well, I heard most belfast applicants were irish but there seems to be quite few english people around here so i'm beginning to doubt how true that is... (someone please correct me if i'm wrong) My parents were talking about how it's quite far away, but I agree Belfast seems like a great place to go to uni and i was genuinely touched when they sent us christmas cards lmao.
Original post by a6thformerofsort
heyo, i applied for just english but it's sort of similar. I'm (kind of) from the south east as well, I heard most belfast applicants were irish but there seems to be quite few english people around here so i'm beginning to doubt how true that is... (someone please correct me if i'm wrong) My parents were talking about how it's quite far away, but I agree Belfast seems like a great place to go to uni and i was genuinely touched when they sent us christmas cards lmao.

Oh me too!!! i was like holding the card in various ways in the light i couldn't believe they actually like handwritten them?? also yeah, i think GB account for a chunk of students because NI students also tend to go to GB unis and there isn't many students in each year (??) as opposed to like England where there are loads of us. I'm glad there may be another SE student in English!! I might start the course knowing at least one person actually exists lmao, I think the course is pretty similar, I will just do kinda modules from both of the main courses rather than take all 6 in the year from only one?? I think the only true issue with me now is convincing my parents i'm making a rational decision and moving all my stuff over there in sept if we're allowed to!! :smile:) is Belfast your kinda first choice?
Original post by deaesthe

Hi!! I’m applying for sociology for 2021 entry, and I actually got rejected from Cambridge yesterday and am now considering queen!! what college did you apply for at Cambridge, and what are your a levels? I’m also originally from the south east of England.
Reply 98
Original post by weelolo
Sorry for the late reply! But no i don't believe so, I know one girl who heard back from a business related course but i have all my Ulster offers in already

Not a problem :smile: And that's a good sign then, hopefully it's just a case of different courses sending offers later than others. I have both of my Ulster offers as well but hoping for Queen's as my first choice.
Original post by abinicholson31
Hi!! I’m applying for sociology for 2021 entry, and I actually got rejected from Cambridge yesterday and am now considering queen!! what college did you apply for at Cambridge, and what are your a levels? I’m also originally from the south east of England.

are we living the same life :colonhash: lmao i applied for HSPS at Queens!!! a bit annoying because now when i search queens belfast it comes up with cam and i think about what could have been..... I do Eng Lit, Soc and Art (yeah idk either) at a level!! wbu?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending