The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Official University of Reading 2021 applicant thread

:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to the University of Reading for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone!

I am taking a gap year before heading to Reading Uni to study English Language and Linguistics, it would be great to get to know anyone else planning to study the same course :smile:

Liv
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Hey!!

I am a current student at the University of Reading, starting my fourth year in a few weeks!

I love Reading, the campus-based University makes it feel like a community rather than a place you just go to study. The campus is also stunning, with large green open spaces, a lake in the centre of campus and beautiful geese and swans! Don't believe me? Have a look at our virtual campus tour and get a feel for your self! https://www.reading.ac.uk/VirtualTour/

The student support system is also brilliant, with loads of free advice services from academics to financial help, to mental wellbeing and disability support. There's a careers centre which will help you to find part-time work whilst at University or after you graduate! They organise things like mock interviews, CV workshops and so much more.

We also have an amazing sports facilities, such as indoor and outdoor tennis dome, gym, pavilion, football pitches, rugby pitches, badminton and so much more!! There is over 250 societies/sports clubs to get involved with!!

Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have about Reading, or university in general!

Ellen :smile:
Student Ambassador
Hi, I'm applying for Business and Management.
I'm currently studying Biology,Chemistry and Psychology.

Any tips, please do share❤
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I'm applying for Business and Management.
I'm currently studying Biology,Chemistry and Psychology.

Any tips, please do share❤

Hi!

Wow amazing! What drew you to Reading?
I studied Psychology at A Level too! My advise would be learn the essay plans, practise the essays and get that technique sorted!

Do some people extra reading around psychology and business which you can then use in your personal statement as this will help to show your linking your A levels to to what you plan to study at university!

Hope this helps,

Student Ambassador
Original post by UniofReading
Hi!

Wow amazing! What drew you to Reading?
I studied Psychology at A Level too! My advise would be learn the essay plans, practise the essays and get that technique sorted!

Do some people extra reading around psychology and business which you can then use in your personal statement as this will help to show your linking your A levels to to what you plan to study at university!

Hope this helps,

Student Ambassador

Thank you. I shall try that😊

What drew me to reading was the prestigious position of Henley Business School and the course modules are suited to what I would like to study and what I enjoy. I am able to pick a pathway I want to get into which most universities don't offer.

Are there any good books or resources you could recommend?
Thank you. I shall try that😊

What drew me to reading was the prestigious position of Henley Business School and the course modules are suited to what I would like to study and what I enjoy. I am able to pick a pathway I want to get into which most universities don't offer.

Are there any good books or resources you could recommend?

Hi,

Amazing news your looking to apply to business and management!

The Henley Business School is great and incredibly supportive during your degree at Reading. As you said we offer a range of modules, allowing you to try lots of different options before finding aspects of Business you enjoy the most!

In terms of books I would advise reading the advised books for each modules that are set in the given year. Extra reading can really help you get full understanding of the topic and module you are studying. Any other good knowledge of modern business examples is great to know, as often these are used or referenced, so make sure your up to date on current businesses.

Hope this helps, any other questions please let me know

Delia
3 rd Year Business And Management Student
Hi,

The Henley Business School is great and incredibly supportive during your degree at Reading. As you said we offer a range of modules, allowing you to try lots of different options before finding aspects of Business you enjoy the most!

In terms of books I would advise reading the advised books for each modules that are set in the given year. Extra reading can really help you get full understanding of the topic and module you are studying. Any other good knowledge of modern business examples is great to know, as often these are used or referenced, so make sure your up to date on current businesses.

Delia

Thank you❤

By book I meant non course related so books I could include on my personal statement that are business related and intersting.
Hi,

Delia

Thank you❤

Are there any books I could talk about in my personal statement that you would recommend- non course module related.
Does anyone know anything about the (undergraduate) Physician Associate Studies course at Reading? Thinking about applying for it but haven't heard much about what it's like at Reading and I'm not sure how to fit it in with my other choices.
Does anyone know anything about the (undergraduate) Physician Associate Studies course at Reading? Thinking about applying for it but haven't heard much about what it's like at Reading and I'm not sure how to fit it in with my other choices.

Hey Anonymous,

Unfortunately, there aren't any TSR ambassadors that do study physician associate course. However, we do have alumni stories about the physician associate course. You can see that here https://www.reading.ac.uk/pharmacy/physicianassociate/pharm-physician-associate.aspx Reading uni integrates a large volume of placements within the physician associates degree. In first and second year you undertake a variety of mini placements to understand the working environment of the NHS. In third year you have 350 hrs of placements in primary and secondary healthcare. In fourth year you have 1350 hrs of placements to ensure that you're fully prepared to work as a physician associate once you graduate! You can find all this information and more (including the sort of modules you can be expected to be undertaking) here http://www.reading.ac.uk/ready-to-study/study/subject-area/medical-sciences-ug/mpas-physician-associate-studies.aspx.

I was just wondering what you meant about it fitting in with your other choice? Are you planning to apply for different courses?

Hope this helps you!
From,

Amina 😊
Hey Anonymous,

Unfortunately, there aren't any TSR ambassadors that do study physician associate course. However, we do have alumni stories about the physician associate course. You can see that here https://www.reading.ac.uk/pharmacy/physicianassociate/pharm-physician-associate.aspx Reading uni integrates a large volume of placements within the physician associates degree. In first and second year you undertake a variety of mini placements to understand the working environment of the NHS. In third year you have 350 hrs of placements in primary and secondary healthcare. In fourth year you have 1350 hrs of placements to ensure that you're fully prepared to work as a physician associate once you graduate! You can find all this information and more (including the sort of modules you can be expected to be undertaking) here http://www.reading.ac.uk/ready-to-study/study/subject-area/medical-sciences-ug/mpas-physician-associate-studies.aspx.

I was just wondering what you meant about it fitting in with your other choice? Are you planning to apply for different courses?

Hope this helps you!
From,

Amina 😊

Thanks for replying. There's only 2 universities in the UK which offer the course as an undergraduate degree so I would more than likely be applying to other courses too. I was thinking Biomedical Science.
Thanks for replying. There's only 2 universities in the UK which offer the course as an undergraduate degree so I would more than likely be applying to other courses too. I was thinking Biomedical Science.

Hey Anonymous,

In terms of fitting it in with applying to Biomed as the courses are similar you could get away with writing one personal statement just being careful how you word it. However some Universities will allow you to submit a second personal statement in these cases so that may be worth looking into!

Good luck with your application
Zoe
Second year Biological sciences and student ambassador
Hi,

Do you know how long after applying to Reading for the MPAS undergraduate course should I expect a response?

Thanks x
Original post by stud£nt
Hi,

Do you know how long after applying to Reading for the MPAS undergraduate course should I expect a response?

Thanks x

Hi @stud£nt

Apologies for the late reply, I hope you have heard back by now, but if not please rest assured our admissions team aim to get a reply to you as soon as possible and I am sure you'll hear soon. Sorry that I can't be more specific.

Zoe
Hi @stud£nt

Apologies for the late reply, I hope you have heard back by now, but if not please rest assured our admissions team aim to get a reply to you as soon as possible and I am sure you'll hear soon. Sorry that I can't be more specific.

Zoe

No worries, I have got a reply. Thank you x
Original post by Manooka
:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to the University of Reading for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

I am planning on applying for the Zoology with Foundation Year (or the Ecology), I am currently studying Animal Management, which is a mix of everything to do with animals, we even have to learn about farm animals.
Reply 17
Original post by stud£nt
No worries, I have got a reply. Thank you x

Heyy, I'm applying too.
How long did they take to get back to u?
Original post by tee17
Heyy, I'm applying too.
How long did they take to get back to u?

I got an acknowledgement email about 2 days after applying and received an offer 2 weeks after that. Hope that helps x
Hi @stud£nt

Zoe

Hi, do you know what studying biomedical engineering at reading is like? I can't seem to find anyone talk about it. What are the facilities like and is it high quality?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending