Official Royal Holloway University of London 2021 applicant thread

Watch
midlifecrisis411
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rizvi28)
Hi, I am applying for Accounting and finance and I am currently studying Business, Sociology and Psychology :hello:
(Original post by sophchuong)
got an offer for accounting and finance (ABB) on nov 25th and applied on nov 22nd i study french german and english language
congrats ! I've also got an offer for accounting and finance (BBB), I study English lit, business and economics
Rizvi28
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by midlifecrisis411)
congrats ! I've also got an offer for accounting and finance (BBB), I study English lit, business and economics
soo your offer is BBB or is that the grades you applied with?
roseannee1
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sophiebxx)
I have one for English
Hi! I'm studying English at Royal Holloway currently, I'm in my first year! I'm also studying creative writing. The department is amazing and if you have any questions let me know! Congrats on the offer.
midlifecrisis411
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rizvi28)
soo your offer is BBB or is that the grades you applied with?
my offer is BBB as I did an EPQ
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
So aaaah, can't believe I'm saying this really didn't think id get an offer- but got ABB for a AAB asking course- which I'm taking as a big win, however I don't know if I should firm in case I miss out on a grade and get ABC, but I love RHUL, so super conflicted right now
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by midlifecrisis411)
my offer is BBB as I did an EPQ
hi, oh that's great, actually, I am applying for the same course and I have grades A*BC and I am predicted a B in the EPQ - do you think I will get in?
grades= A*BBC when the requirement is AAB
midlifecrisis411
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
hi, oh that's great, actually, I am applying for the same course and I have grades A*BC and I am predicted a B in the EPQ - do you think I will get in?
grades= A*BBC when the requirement is AAB
I think it's highly likely because you have an A* and I know people who still got in to RHUL despite missing out on their offer
lucyrigbyx
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
What course?
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lucyrigbyx)
What course?
accounting and finance with a year in business
and
management with accounting
lilo16
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
how long did it take for you guys to get an offer?
sophchuong
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lilo16)
took me 2 days after sending my ucas x
midlifecrisis411
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
it took me around 5 weeks
roseannee1
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So aaaah, can't believe I'm saying this really didn't think id get an offer- but got ABB for a AAB asking course- which I'm taking as a big win, however I don't know if I should firm in case I miss out on a grade and get ABC, but I love RHUL, so super conflicted right now
Hi, I study at RHUL and know lots of people who missed out on the asking grades. Just call them on results day and they are usually really lenient. If you think about, there's no need to worry because the clearing grades went right down this year to C's and B's for most courses. So, if they're letting people who didn't apply at all to RHUL in on those grades, then they should definitely let a firm choicer in. Also, they were really good with course changes during clearing, so if it's really the Uni you love, then go for it!
cccohen20
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
3 weeks after I applied. So I applied on October 9th and got the offer on October 30th!
Anonymous #2
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by roseannee1)
Hi, I study at RHUL and know lots of people who missed out on the asking grades. Just call them on results day and they are usually really lenient. If you think about, there's no need to worry because the clearing grades went right down this year to C's and B's for most courses. So, if they're letting people who didn't apply at all to RHUL in on those grades, then they should definitely let a firm choicer in. Also, they were really good with course changes during clearing, so if it's really the Uni you love, then go for it!
thank you so much!! this has really made me a bit calmer going into the whole process! hoping it all works out now
Loljiiiiii
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by maham.m)
I received my offer on November 3rd!
How long did it take for you? I’m waiting to hear back (applied for Law)
maccagirl1
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Loljiiiiii)
Hey, I applied for Drama and heard back within two weeks, although I applied with the oxbridge deadline (even though I did not apply to either Oxford or Cambridge!).
cccohen20
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Loljiiiiii)
Hey I applied for law too. Took 3 weeks after I applied to receive AAA conditional offer
TJ1997
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Does this thread apply to postgrad applicants too? If it helps I'm a former RHUL student
elzabelz
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Hi there,
My name is Ella.
I am currently studying English lit/ Lang, Psychology and Geography with an EPQ alongside.
The course I have applied for is Politics with Philosophy. I think it looks incredibly interesting!
What courses are you applying for?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (19)
8.6%
Okay (65)
29.41%
A bit lacking (83)
37.56%
Not good at all (54)
24.43%

Watched Threads