iNeed2p
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Mosques were just an example. Bar churches and Jewish synagogues all would be impacted.
Haha Ok
Gundabad(good)
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by JOSH4598)
They quite possibly are (I haven't seen the evidence for that but it is believable).

However education and health care which are free at the point of use are, in my mind, 'fantastic' given not many countries offer such quality services without the recipient paying directly for them. Even those 25% of schools (I'm quoting you here) which are failing, offer a standard of education that is likely far better than even the best schools in certain parts of Asia or Africa.

The UK's NHS is one of the world's best institutions, and free for all Britons. There's little dispute the public services we all enjoy in the UK are 'fantastic' when compared with public services in other countries.
I wouldn't use the word fantastic though, maybe "good" is more appropriate.
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Immigration drives innovation. Looks like China have overtaken US in terms of R&D.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54100001

And all those point out that people don't emmigrate to China. True. But when China constitutes 1/7 of the world population, focussing that population in universities and R&D centres is the same thing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (75)
21.49%
No (274)
78.51%

Watched Threads