What A Level Subjects can I self learn without paying anything?

Watch
Ghassan12345
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I did GCSE a little more than a decade ago. I did 6 subjects and got 4Bs and 2Cs. I got 2Cs in English as a Second Language and Biology. Got 4Bs in Mathematics, Chemistry, Fisheries Science and Biology.

I started A Level after GCSE but got bored because everyone in my class was so much smarter than me. They can copy a question and do it before I can copy the question.

So I stopped and started working. I didn't do much work as my job was an easy laid back job. I was in procurement. Had to do very few things as I worked for a very small company. Doesn't even have an Office. But anyway I had some experience in procurement.

As I have lots of free time I wanted to do some A Levels. I know this website calls examsolutions and I have started learning Mathematics. It's really tough so far. But I will not give up. I want to do one more subject with it though and I don't think Further Mathematics is a good idea as I am struggling with Indices, Surds and Factorisation which is the beginning of A Level Mathematics according to examsolutions.

So are there any other subjects that have a website that teaches it for free and what is an easy subject to take. I did Science subjects in GCSE but I have more interest in Business related stuff.

So are Business Subjects really tough without doing GCSE. Let's say I want to do A Level in Business Studies. Is it possible to self learn it for free from internet like the way it's possible for Mathematics. And how tough would it be for someone that did nothing related to Business Studies in School.

Also I am not asking for the best subjects to go to best uni or anything. I just want to do some A levels in my free time instead of wasting all my time and I have lots of free time especially now with covid 19.

Thank You for the help
CaramelCamel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You can learn subjects like business, economics and other subjects (mainly humanities) on Seneca. Also, for maths and physics, Maths and Physics Tutor is apparently helpful and there are lots of YouTube videos on A level topics. You would need to pay to do the exams if you want the actual A Level qualification but there are a lot of free resources if you just want to learn some of the content.
Ghassan12345
Rep:
?
(Original post by CaramelCamel)
You can learn subjects like business, economics and other subjects (mainly humanities) on Seneca. Also, for maths and physics, Maths and Physics Tutor is apparently helpful and there are lots of YouTube videos on A level topics. You would need to pay to do the exams if you want the actual A Level qualification but there are a lot of free resources if you just want to learn some of the content.
Thanks. What's tougher for someone that haven't done the GCSE related subject. Business Studies or Economics.
Kogomogo
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There are lots of free resources online, i think it's definitely worth grabbing the past papers and mark schemes online, having a go at them and then learning the answers to the questions. You can get a good feel for the sort of stuff that will be asked regularly (usually just in different ways) and get a solid foundation.

I think it would be a good investment if you could get a secondhand / cheap core textbook somewhere online though, specifically one aimed for the paper you want to sit. The right book will give you all the topics and info you need for a good grade, highly targeted towards your exam for efficient learning. You can then use other free resources to build more advanced knowledge or help understand things.

Your local library might have some decent books you could make use of too so i recommend checking that out if / when they're open.
Ghassan12345
Rep:
?
(Original post by CaramelCamel)
How do you use Seneca? It's so complicated.

Thank You
Ghassan12345
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kogomogo)
There are lots of free resources online, i think it's definitely worth grabbing the past papers and mark schemes online, having a go at them and then learning the answers to the questions. You can get a good feel for the sort of stuff that will be asked regularly (usually just in different ways) and get a solid foundation.

I think it would be a good investment if you could get a secondhand / cheap core textbook somewhere online though, specifically one aimed for the paper you want to sit. The right book will give you all the topics and info you need for a good grade, highly targeted towards your exam for efficient learning. You can then use other free resources to build more advanced knowledge or help understand things.

Your local library might have some decent books you could make use of too so i recommend checking that out if / when they're open.
I think we do International A Level in my country now.

Is past papers and mark schemes for free.

And are there any other website like examsolutions that teaches A Level for free. I am using it to learn Mathematics but I wanna do one more subject with it.

Also are there any free Pdf or online books.

I cannot pay.

Thank You
Kogomogo
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ghassan12345)
I think we do International A Level in my country now.

Is past papers and mark schemes for free.

And are there any other website like examsolutions that teaches A Level for free. I am using it to learn Mathematics but I wanna do one more subject with it.

Also are there any free Pdf or online books.

I cannot pay.

Thank You
The past papers for the major exam boards like ocr and aqa etc should be easy to get online, either direct from their website or elsewhere. Not sure about non uk qualifications.

You might find some free books online but they might just not be as specific, try google books or just try searching subject a level revision see what comes up. Youtube should have some videos on the topics too.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Lots of people study Business Studies, Economics, Psychology and Sociology at A level without having studied the GCSE - it's not a big issue. In england there isn't even a GCSE in Politics so everyone come to that as a beginner.

Avoid subjects with coursework (Art, DT, Geography, History and all sort of English) and A level Sciences as these are more expensive to take.
Ghassan12345
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
Lots of people study Business Studies, Economics, Psychology and Sociology at A level without having studied the GCSE - it's not a big issue. In england there isn't even a GCSE in Politics so everyone come to that as a beginner.

Avoid subjects with coursework (Art, DT, Geography, History and all sort of English) and A level Sciences as these are more expensive to take.
Thanks but do you know any website that teaches A level business studies like examsolutions that teach Mathematics.

Thank You
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (241)
57.66%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (53)
12.68%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (46)
11%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (36)
8.61%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
5.74%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
4.31%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed