Statistical Officer GSS Recruitment Process

Watch
Missvo59
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Has any one had their department allocation and is just waiting for their background checks? Mine is taking super long, just wanna know if anyone elses is taking long too 😑
theys01
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi guys, I am too in the same boat as you have been. I have another offer which is good but nothing compared to the StO offer, can you give me any more info on how long you guys had to wait in total and what you were offered in the end? Only got a couple days to accept or decline the other offer so any insight would be fab
lpyem5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by theys01)
Hi guys, I am too in the same boat as you have been. I have another offer which is good but nothing compared to the StO offer, can you give me any more info on how long you guys had to wait in total and what you were offered in the end? Only got a couple days to accept or decline the other offer so any insight would be fab
Hi how did you exemplify acquiring data and understanding customer needs in your personal statement
theys01
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lpyem5)
Hi how did you exemplify acquiring data and understanding customer needs in your personal statement
I talked about my dissertation for the acquiring data (e.g. lit review, survey design and data collection) and my analyst role on placement (e.g. understanding why the analysis had to be done, keeping the stakeholder/ customers involved throughout and offering follow up advice once the project/needs had been met)
lpyem5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I talked about my dissertation for the acquiring data (e.g. lit review, survey design and data collection) and my analyst role on placement (e.g. understanding why the analysis had to be done, keeping the stakeholder/ customers involved throughout and offering follow up advice once the project/needs had been met)
Aw thank you this is really helpful. Did you give each paragraph / STAR like a subheading to signpost each competency or did you jsut do it as a typical personal statement
theys01
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Aw thank you this is really helpful. Did you give each paragraph / STAR like a subheading to signpost each competency or did you jsut do it as a typical personal statement
yeah did each STAR answer a subheading to the competency
lpyem5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yeah did each STAR answer a subheading to the competency
Thank you and good luck
Shafy97
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You know for the test, what level of Maths knowledge should you have?

Is it beyond S1(A Level Maths)?
lpyem5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Shafy97)
You know for the test, what level of Maths knowledge should you have?

Is it beyond S1(A Level Maths)?
I found it really hard personally its a mix of stats questions and maths
Shafy97
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I found it really hard personally its a mix of stats questions and maths
Yeah that's what I thought as well, by doing it earlier.
There was a mixture of log, regression, confidence interval, standard deviation and percentage type questions on there. It seemed harder than S1.
Qmwnebrv
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Has anyone applied for the GSS summer placement? I was told I was successful at interview but waiting for an offer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (61)
19.18%
Virtual accommodation tour (45)
14.15%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (16)
5.03%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.94%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.46%
Taster lectures or seminars (70)
22.01%
Speak to current students studying my course (68)
21.38%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
4.09%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.77%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.52%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (5)
1.57%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.89%

Watched Threads