Statistical Officer GSS Recruitment Process

Watch
Madiha!
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by bethkerwin)
Ah right I see! I had an email about a week or two (at the beginning of august) after sending my documents from the recruitment manager saying they’ve received them - did you not get that?
That’s also the last I’ve heard from them. I could try contacting that person on Monday as that’ll be 6 weeks since the interviews ended but apart from that it just seems like a long waiting game
Yeah when I submit the documents first time in August I received a reply that I should wait 4-6 weeks meanwhile they are looking for allocation of role. Then I emailed them at around 6 weeks. They just assured me that I will get a role but no definite time. No reply after 2nd submission yet.
Let me know when you hear anything seems like we are from the same batch of recruitment. All the best
Missvo59
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by mr_rs)
hope the role is going well! what is the statistics like for your work, like what sort of maths do you do, is it S1 or S2 level?
In my role in particular, the stats isnt so challenging. But thats because of the team i work in. You’ll probably work in a team with a few more analysts and divide the work up. On the occasions where i had to use my stats knowledge, it was more like excel formulas (index matching, macros, formulas etc) and some other stats like looking at distribution of mean using histograms, correlation matrix. I wouldnt say it has been too hard but i hope to get stuck into more juicy analysis over the next few months.
zgl15
Rep:
?
Report 1 hour ago
hello, I was successful too 4 weeks ago. Do you have any updates about your allocation?
bethkerwin
Rep:
?
Report 1 hour ago
(Original post by zgl15)
hello, I was successful too 4 weeks ago. Do you have any updates about your allocation?
I was contacted about 8 weeks after my interview with a job offer directly from a department (and then received an email from the civil service later that day). I had a phone call to make sure I was right for the position, and then a few days later they sent me some forms to fill in and links to complete pre-employment checks. I had to wait a week due to some issues with filling them out, but I sent them off yesterday and now the ball is rolling so hopefully I’ll be in the position soon. I think the 4-6 weeks is more of a guideline under normal circumstances, but understandably with COVID and everything, things aren’t fully back to normal yet. I’d recommend holding out until around the 7 week mark before you start contacting the civil service for an update, as it seems most people ended up waiting longer than they expected this time round.
zgl15
Rep:
?
Report 55 minutes ago
I was contacted about 8 weeks after my interview with a job offer directly from a department (and then received an email from the civil service later that day). I had a phone call to make sure I was right for the position, and then a few days later they sent me some forms to fill in and links to complete pre-employment checks. I had to wait a week due to some issues with filling them out, but I sent them off yesterday and now the ball is rolling so hopefully I’ll be in the position soon. I think the 4-6 weeks is more of a guideline under normal circumstances, but understandably with COVID and everything, things aren’t fully back to normal yet. I’d recommend holding out until around the 7 week mark before you start contacting the civil service for an update, as it seems most people ended up waiting longer than they expected this time round.
thank you so much for your response it was very helpful. If you don't mind can you share your score at the interview? It seems that the score is an important factor regarding the waiting time.
bethkerwin
Rep:
?
Report 43 minutes ago
(Original post by zgl15)
thank you so much for your response it was very helpful. If you don't mind can you share your score at the interview? It seems that the score is an important factor regarding the waiting time.
Of course - remember that a 4 in each section is what they’d typically expect of an entry level candidate, and anything above that is a bonus.
I got 4+4+4 on behaviours and 5+4+5 on technical, so my overall score was 26.
zgl15
Rep:
?
Report 32 minutes ago
Of course - remember that a 4 in each section is what they’d typically expect of an entry level candidate, and anything above that is a bonus.
I got 4+4+4 on behaviours and 5+4+5 on technical, so my overall score was 26.
cheers <3 . I wish you all the best on your new role !
bethkerwin
Rep:
?
Report 2 minutes ago
(Original post by zgl15)
cheers <3 . I wish you all the best on your new role !
Thanks, good luck with your allocation!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (211)
56.57%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (50)
13.4%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (41)
10.99%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (33)
8.85%
I haven't started researching yet (22)
5.9%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
4.29%

Watched Threads