Why has it gone crap? Watch

This discussion is closed.
TK
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
ukl that is...what's changed. what makes it worse than this time a year ago, or this time 6 months ago. I can't put my finger on it. maybe i'm just older and wiser.
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If its so crap, why are you still here?
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
ukl that is...what's changed. what makes it worse than this time a year ago, or this time 6 months ago. I can't put my finger on it. maybe i'm just older and wiser.
When you were younger (in forum terms) you were more eager and were not as cynical.
TK
Rep:
?
(Original post by imasillynarb)
If its so crap, why are you still here?
so i can change it back to how it used to be of course
nikk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If you don't like it then you know what to do...
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
*TK is my hero*
horrorboy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
what did it used to be like?
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You're getting old...
Daveo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It's changed cos you've changed, your older and a uni gal now.
dogtanian
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
A lot of forums seems to have a sort of 'generational' heirachy.

I've seen some forums where it gets to the stage where 'oldies' only talk about the good old days, and only post to complain about the new members. That's more crap than new people joining.

I think that people get complacent with it all. If a forum isn't the same as you think it was before, don't forget that it's the contribution of all members that makes a forum. Don't expect the rest of us to come up to scratch without you.

By the way, that post sounds hostile and argumentative. It's not meant to be. I'm just crap at wording things at this time with indigestion.

EDIT: don't forget that you've probably changed too. Yes.
EDIT: Changed the complaing bit to 'new members'. thought i'd highlight that as this post has been quoted
TK
Rep:
?
(Original post by Daveo)
It's changed cos you've changed, your older and a uni gal now.
maybe i shouldn't have said 'crap' some people seem to be very over-protective of this place. and yeh, i thought that's probably what it was - thanks for your response
kingslaw
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Does it really matter?? TSR (UKL) is just a bit of fun. I just come on to keep abrest of university issues, advice on uni/career stuff, and debate sometimes Its not supposed to be an essential component of someones social life and complete existence. If it ceased to exist tomorrow, it'd be no biggy, just one thing less to use to avoid doing work.
Sparkey
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
so i can change it back to how it used to be of course
Go TK :juggle: :cheers:
Daveo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
maybe i shouldn't have said 'crap' some people seem to be very over-protective of this place. and yeh, i thought that's probably what it was - thanks for your response
No problem.
It'll never be the same
TK
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sparkey)
Go TK :juggle: :cheers:
lol - it looks like alost cause anyway. i'm done with this thread now.
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
you arent as fun as you were last year
Sparkey
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lol - it looks like alost cause anyway. i'm done with this thread now.
Awww :shakehand

Great sig BTW :laugh: :congrats:
m:)ckel
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Hayley...)
A lot of forums seems to have a sort of 'generational' heirachy.

I've seen some forums where it gets to the stage where 'oldies' only talk about the good old days, and only post to complain about the old members. That's more crap than new people joining.

I think that people get complacent with it all. If a forum isn't the same as you think it was before, don't forget that it's the contribution of all members that makes a forum. Don't expect the rest of us to come up to scratch without you.

By the way, that post sounds hostile and argumentative. It's not meant to be. I'm just crap at wording things at this time with indigestion.

EDIT: don't forget that you've probably changed too. Yes.
It does sound slightly hostile and argumentative, but it's so true
glance
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Maybe it is in fact better, you just have bad taste
swishmasta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kingslaw)
Does it really matter?? TSR (UKL) is just a bit of fun. I just come on to keep abrest of university issues, advice on uni/career stuff, and debate sometimes Its not supposed to be an essential component of someones social life and complete existence. If it ceased to exist tomorrow, it'd be no biggy, just one thing less to use to avoid doing work.
exactly!!! sometimes i see people here getting pissed off and **** and wonder how somebody can be like that over something thats online. otherwise i kind'a like tsr. everyone here seems to put across opinions backed with valid arguements unlike some other forums ive been on where people just shout non-sense.

ps didnt know swear words are filtered, kind'a surprised.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (49)
18.35%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (108)
40.45%
Nope, not that interesting (110)
41.2%

Watched Threads