Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    It's because I don't post in the nude anymore, isn't it? I'm sorry. I ruined UKL for everyone.
    You post in the nude, too? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    Umm, exactly when did this turn in to an attack on newbies?? I think you guys need to lighten up and not take our comments so seriously. If we feel like remaniscing about days of old or even moan abit about how much the forum has changed so be it. The fact is this forum has changed alot, those of you who were not here before do not understand that, because you don't know what you've missed.

Everdawn I agree, I miss alot of the members who no longer post regularly. I really miss my escapades with Jewel and 2776. Used to be when I would come online at this time, the forum was still going pretty strong aswell, now it seems to die down pretty early.

Tk I just miss being recognized here, hell it seems like I don't know anyone anymore.
    And Gimp, you really must start posting in the nude again.
    awwwwwww. I'll always recongnise you! You took me under your wing when I first joined I miss Juwel tooand Xtina hehe. I'm really glad you're still around though

ReputationRep:
    meh, people seem to take TSR too seriously now, when i first started out everyone was very laid back about it then there was rep, societies etc that made it more competitive for some reason, not to mention that social dwarf called daz who enjoys attacking the place.

*remembers first post....listed my favourite films and vienna immediatly attacked my taste in certain films lol*

but we shouldn't keep moaning...we should try and make this place fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    meh, people seem to take TSR too seriously now, when i first started out everyone was very laid back about it then there was rep, societies etc that made it more competitive for some reason, not to mention that social dwarf called daz who enjoys attacking the place.

*remembers first post....listed my favourite films and vienna immediatly attacked my taste in certain films lol*

but we shouldn't keep moaning...we should try and make this place fun!
    Sorry - I wasn't really 'moaning'. Just wondered if anyone had ideas as to why it's changed. How do we make it fun then? I've run outta ideas, and I'm not starting my case study or exam prep till after Boxing day! So I'm here till then at least. There's nothing else to do - I've finished my Christmas shopping, all my friends are working during the day, but all I could get was nights (10pm till 7am!) at Tesco - so I declined their generous offer.

Hmm...what else can I do?

:bebored: :bebored: :bebored: :bebored: :bebored: :bebored:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    ukl that is...what's changed. what makes it worse than this time a year ago, or this time 6 months ago. I can't put my finger on it. maybe i'm just older and wiser.
    Dunno, but I'm sure there never used to be so many people with red gems

ReputationRep:
    if you were really pining for the old days, you could dig up the old dead threads again. but i doubt there would be many people who appreciated it. alternatively you could googlewhack

ReputationRep:
    its hardly as if most of the people posting as "old skoolers" are even here that long themselves...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    its hardly as if most of the people posting as "old skoolers" are even here that long themselves...
    True, and a lot of those that claim to be 'old skool' have a mere 1000/2000 posts to their name. Hardly hardcore is it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afireinside©)
    True, and a lot of those that claim to be 'old skool' have a mere 1000/2000 posts to their name. Hardly hardcore is it.
    some people really need to contribute more

1000 posts a month should cover it :p:

ReputationRep:
    some people really need to contribute more

1000 posts a month should cover it :p:
    Its quality, not quantity that matters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    i prefer to do both :p:
    • Answer Heroes
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Answer Heroes
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by MattG)
    *remembers first post*

*realises that she's truley earnt the right to put Boring under her name*
    :bootyshak :secruity:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Yeh, but people moaning saying "oh, it used to be soo much better" etc, it's hardly like they contributed much in the "olden days..", is it?

ReputationRep:
    i prefer to do both :p:
    But if you try to do both, you'll probably end up doing neither. I always try to go for quality (or at least relevence), rather than high quantity.

ReputationRep:
    *doesn't remember 1st post* *wonders what first post was*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afireinside©)
    Yeh, but people moaning saying "oh, it used to be soo much better" etc, it's hardly like they contributed much in the "olden days..", is it?
    Well in the early times i was around it wasn't a very good place to be honest. There weren't all that many users, hardly any were regular, and post counts were miniscule.
    Its certainly better now than it was then.
    • Answer Heroes
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Answer Heroes
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    *doesn't remember 1st post* *wonders what first post was*
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...358#post209358

:eek:

ReputationRep:
    lol...bit harsh! rolfies a great guy! how i've changed :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, Im same age as you tk, just not as prolific.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    Not a bad idea, seeing as this is a UK site
    erm. since when have you noticed that you don't have to be english to post here? and if the reason you are slighting me is because of president bush, then you should know I am a hard-core liberal.

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.