The Student Room Group

Unofficial English Literature 2021 Applicants thread!

I don't see one of these yet for English Lit, so here it is! Megathread for English Literature applicants for 2021 entry :smile:

Icebreaker questions:

What are you currently studying?
Where are you thinking of applying to?
Favourite book/author? (its English, I had to)
Reply 1
I'll add mine:

Currently studying: English Literature A level via distance learning. No other subjects, did my A levels in 2016 in science subjects, so I'm doing this in a single year.
Where am I applying?: Currently my two choices are York and Winchester, however I am also looking at Kent and a few others.
Favourite book/author: at the moment, The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde!
Hello, looks a bit empty here so thought I'd join in 🙂

What are you currently studying? Nothing as I'm on a gap year! However I did study English Literature, Psychology, Drama and History at A level, gaining A*A*A*A respectively 🙂
Where are you thinking of applying to? I really don't know yet!! The only one I've definitely chosen so far is St Andrews, so suggestions are very welcome https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6699990&p=91054900#post91054900
Favourite book/author? At the moment I'm enjoying Lucy Hutchinson's translation of Lucretius' De Rerum Natura 🙂
Reply 3
Hi, my dd year 13: A level English Lit, A level History, btec diploma performing Arts (Acting)

Applied to Exeter, Warwick, Lancaster, Birmingham, Sussex, (joint English & drama/theatre)

Can tell you her favourite Poet is William Blake
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Currently studying: Nothing, unfortunately. I miss studying so much!! You have no idea.

My A-Level's we're in 2018, which also puts me behind as I'm starting University in 2021. In my fist year of A-Level's my mum was ill that combined with my mental health meant that my studies came crashing down, I failed my A-levels and re-took them.

Where am I applying?: To a local university, Open University & Anglia Ruskin University.

Favourite Author: F. Scott Fitzgerald (currently, subject to change)
Reply 5
Hiya,
Currently Studying: English Lit, Psychology and Art!! I’m expected A,B,B (touch wood)

Where am I applying?: Birmingham University, Cardiff University, Nottingham Trent University, Leicester University and Coventry University

Favourite Author: Margaret Atwood (also always my no. 1 hypothetical dinner party guest)

Does anybody know what they want to do after Uni with their English degree?
Reply 6
Hey,

Currently studying: English Language and Literature, Psychology, and Law, expected AAA :smile:
Where am I applying: York University (firm), Newcastle University (second), Durham University, University of St Andrews, Teesside University
Favourite Author: Currently C.L Taylor (I love her book The Lie!) and Oscar Wilde

Not sure what I wanna do after uni, but I would like to get a PhD!!
I’m a bit late but
Currently studying: I’m a second year college student and I’m studying English literature, psychology and history :smile:
Applying: I applied to oxford (was rejected yesterday though) and received offers from king’s, queen Mary’s, royal Holloway and Kent!
Favourite book/author: at the moment I’m loving the writing style of Norwegian Wood but I’m only half way through so can’t say it’s my favourite just yet! My favourite of all time is probably the phantom of the opera by Leroux!
Reply 8
Has anyone applied to Warwick?
i need help with english AQA Language Paper 2 Q 1 to 4 about summer holidays help meee !!!!!

Quick Reply