The Student Room Group

Student finance for possible fourth year LLB

I have been studying for a year at a university which isn't very good for my field. I am also a law student which is often very competitive. I have applied to transfer to another university and the application process is looking optimistic. I could remain in the city I love and my house but attend a law school literally 80 places higher up on the league boards. If I do this what do I do about student finance? Will the third year be covered or will I have to raise funds myself because I have already begun a law degree at one establishment. Any advice also if you think I should just stay where I am? Anything is appreciated :smile:
Original post by lh715
I have been studying for a year at a university which isn't very good for my field. I am also a law student which is often very competitive. I have applied to transfer to another university and the application process is looking optimistic. I could remain in the city I love and my house but attend a law school literally 80 places higher up on the league boards. If I do this what do I do about student finance? Will the third year be covered or will I have to raise funds myself because I have already begun a law degree at one establishment. Any advice also if you think I should just stay where I am? Anything is appreciated :smile:

Are you saying you would start from year 1 at the new uni having already spent 1year at another uni? That would be ok student finance wise as you are allowed one additional “gift” year in addition to a three year LLB.
You would just need to let student finance know that you have transferred to a different uni

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending